Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anything obviously in the pens (sight or sound)?
    Would the Raven for through the hole?
    Is the door blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai follows Retula into the tower saying to the warriors as he casually slips past them "I'm with the sexually aggressive bald girl" and once he catches up to Retula "Hey, have I got a proposition for you." Upon realising how he phrased it "Not like that, I'll need Mags too... Wait that wasn't right either" Kind of flustered now he just says "I'll explain it all once I get you two back to my room at the inn."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Evade wrote: »
    Therai follows Retula into the tower saying to the warriors as he casually slips past them "I'm with the sexually aggressive bald girl" and once he catches up to Retula "Hey, have I got a proposition for you." Upon realising how he phrased it "Not like that, I'll need Mags too... Wait that wasn't right either" Kind of flustered now he just says "I'll explain it all once I get you two back to my room at the inn."
    "Please desist sir and or madam, I'm saving myself for marriage! I'm flattered but, you know, chaste." lies Mags.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Mags hears a tune coming from the jungle, the notes are ordered in a strange pattern and the instrument at times seems like a voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags cocks his head like a dog, trying to catch the song. He tries to repeat the rhythm, to play a counterpoint to it but it's beyond him. To the bard this is more alluring that gold, than gems, then the offer of a 3way, it's something new. He feels the song deep in his viscera, at the very core of his being.

Flexing to settle his armour and trying to tap the percussive beat with his hammers he sets off after the elusive sound.
    "See ya later guys and dragon men hole diggers."

OOC: Am doing a wee bit of travelling* so interwebsconnetonlineability is going to be sketchy for a few weeks hence Mags is off on a little solo sojourn.
    * By this I mean lots of sitting in cafes, drinking Pernod pastis, smoking cigars and doing poor Maurice Chevalier impressions.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Witchy watches Mags head off toward the jungle, knowing full well the power that song has over bards. She's seen many vanish into the jungle in the night over the years.

She says nothing for now.

OOC: Mags paused while OldGoat is off

OOC : Roll for arousal. Oh wait, I'm only a PC in this one.

"Stow your oars, man. I'm an instrument of holy war, not holey whore. 'Less you buy me a drink first. Like, 'Shnee, I get carded in every 'llon-licking place I go here, it bogus? ****ing short-timers are going to tell me I'm under-age?"
    She runs her hand over her scalp and muses
    "I miss brush-brushing my hair and wondering when my life will begin... Hey, can you do anything with light, raukohin? We need to drop something down that hole, see how far it goes. Might be what the dragonguys are looking for? Might be good for us to look first, huh?"

She looks into the middle of the room and summons Mr H (undismiss Action)

"Hey, Mr H - can you take stuff with you wherever you disappear to when I dismiss you? Like, a lot of stuff, if we bag it and put it on you? aaaaaaaaand like bring it back when you pop back into this plane?

Also.... can I borrow a cigar? Like, hombre to hombre?"

"Where'd that horn-horse come from?" Therai rummages around his bag "I've got a few of these" he holds out a torch.

"He's a magic horse, he came from the power of friendship. It's, like, inside us all?

A torch would do probably... unless there's something really flammable down there, and then it might do for us instead.

Featherplucker... Shudda never traded in those devil eyes. I got about 50 foot of rope, some Pitons. You got a rope? Maybe we tie 'em together, you and the horse could lower me down? I can still kinda see in the dark and I don't weigh much."

"I've got some rope" he hands it over.

• Advertisement

Retula takes out her own rope, ties the two together and then ties them looks for something to secure them to. If there's nothing obvious on offer, she'll hammer a couple of pitons into the ground and loop the rope around them, test that it's secure.

"I'm not much of an athlete. If I loop it around the Unicorn like so, though, he can take the strain, you feed him the slack and I'll try not to fall?"

Realising she has torches of her own, she lights one up.

"Glad I'm not the one on the rope"

"Where'd that horn-horse come from?"
    "That's a tale for another day" he says in a gravelly voice.

As Retula is lowered into the dark she sees the vines parting to let here through.

"Ye wanna keep goin' R?" Mr. H asks.

"No! But like, let's keep going anyway. "

She tries to avoid burning or touching the vines.

Retula lands touches down on hard flooring, some kind of granite.

The torch reveals a cellar full of wine, with a door on the North end. A hooded figure with several eyes beneath the hood turns and looks at Retula. Drool can be seen seeping from the hood.

A0KuGm.jpg

"You can talk too? Do all horses talk or just horned ones?" Therai turns to the hole and shouts "See anything?"

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula lands touches down on hard flooring, some kind of granite.

The torch reveals a cellar full of wine, with a door on the North end. A hooded figure with several eyes beneath the hood turns and looks at Retula. Drool can be seen seeping from the hood.

A0KuGm.jpg

She hails the creature in common, elvish and Sylvan.
    "Hello! Animal, vegetable or mineral?"

Banjo wrote: »
    She hails the creature in common, elvish and Sylvan.
    "Hello! Animal, vegetable or mineral?"
    The being just emits a low drone.

"oooooooooh kaaaaay."

She calls back up "there's something down here. Lots of eyes, big hood, makes a noise like this '(imitates drone)'. Not threatening me yet but I may just have said something insulting I it's native tongue. If it has a tongue....I think that's a lose/lose either way... "

"Do you want to come up or want me to go down?"

• Advertisement

"oooooooooh kaaaaay."

She calls back up "there's something down here. Lots of eyes, big hood, makes a noise like this '(imitates drone)'. Not threatening me yet but I may just have said something insulting I it's native tongue. If it has a tongue....I think that's a lose/lose either way... "
    The vines lash out at the rope and rip it in two.

Down below, the being begins to emit an angry deep drone.

"eh..... I think I'm staying down. The vines insist."
    (Ooc : vines in the shaft down or from the creature? Also how far down did I come?

Edit : infravision grants b/w vision in darkness, doesn't it?)

"eh..... I think I'm staying down. The vines insist."
    (Ooc : vines in the shaft down or from the creature? Also how far down did I come?)
    Looking quickly, Retula sees that the vines are not attached to the creature, but seem to emerge from the walls of the fissure that led down. She'd guess the drop to be 70 feet or so.

OOC: Can I see to the bottom of the pit now that it's illuminated?

She moves the torch to see if that's the source of the creature's irritation. If yes, snuff it. If no... Then it's her... Uh oh! Minor Illusion an image of the tower.

OOC: Can I see to the bottom of the pit now that it's illuminated?
    Looking down Therai can clearly see Retula.

She moves the torch to see if that's the source of the creature's irritation. If yes, snuff it. If no... Then it's her... Uh oh! Minor Illusion an image of the tower.
    The creature goes silent once the torch goes out.

She calls up "it's about a 30 or 40 foot drop from the end of the rope so unless you can do something fancy to cushion your landing, stay put. Dont let the red guys in!"

She turns to the creature.
    "So were you just being sulky earlier or can you not understand me?"

She calls up "it's about a 30 or 40 foot drop from the end of the rope so unless you can do something fancy to cushion your landing, stay put. Dont let the red guys in!"

She turns to the creature.
    "So were you just being sulky earlier or can you not understand me?"
    Retula hears other beings enter the room, hard to see in the room's dim light.

• Advertisement

"ok guys, we got off to a bad start. You don't like fire. There are 12 dragonborn outside who want to come inside. They breathe fire. Lots of it. You need my help."

She punctuates this with illusions of the tower and a red dragonborn, the DB breathing fire on the tower and Retula on a Unicorn repelling the flames from the tower with her mighty staff.

Advertisement