Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Flinging the bolt at the far wall it embeds itself as if thrown with several times the force.

Hetyaro looks even more doubtfully at the fluid.

Evade wrote: »
    Therai heads back into his room and breathes a long sigh of relief. "That was close." he thinks "Maybe I should wait for the heat on the obelisk to die down a bit and head for the Málëhro tomb first."
    Outside his window he sees the mercenaries speaking to a figure armed to the teeth with blades from some aquatic species, but he can't get a good look. The figure takes out a staff, which glows and begins pacing the area slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Flinging the bolt at the far wall it embeds itself as if thrown with several times the force.

Hetyaro looks even more doubtfully at the fluid.

"Dude, put some on your wings! Seriously! It'll be awesome!"
    If the bolt is recoverable quickly she'll get it back, planning to dip half her bolts before moving on. But first - check out the ring

Hetyaro jumps into the barrel and jumps back out, glowing slightly orange like the weapons.

The bolt comes out of the wall easily enough.

The ring has a yellow central gemstone.

"what the...! It was a joke!

How do you feel?"
    Ooc : its polite to ask, although she already knows the answer to that.

She tries poking the ring with her staff.

• Advertisement

Hetyaro gives the impression of feeling fairly okay, just a bit jittery.

The ring, when budged, simply falls from whatever field is holding it above the table and onto the floor.

Retula scoops up the ring, dips 9 more bolts and heads up the stairs

Upstairs there is a man hunched over a book with small black worms creeping across its surface. He sits at a bare table and the man himself is half rotted, tentacles grow from beneath his merchant robes and extend into the floor.

Near him lies another set of four steps leading up to a black portal framed by a quartz archway. Faint echoes of multiple voices can be heard.

The man takes no heed of Retula, if he indeed notices her, for his eyes are covered with fleshy growths.

She tries - bird on shoulder, if he can still manouevre - to make out the voices. Does it sound like a language she knows or like those things in the cellar, is there a tone.

The language is common, though highly distorted, she can make out various fragments of sentences like "..and then we.." but not anything complete enough to be a sentence.

• Advertisement

She angles herself to try and see whether the black things on the book are forming any kind of intelligible pattern, or if she can see what's in the book.

She whispers to her bird
    "ooooh that's barftastic. I mean like total gagspasm. Looks kinda lichey to me but.... You're awful quiet, so he's something else. The big boss? Some kind of shambling incubator? Prisoner? Construct? "

Then clears her throat .

The worms simply crawl upon the book, which Retula can recognise as some dialect of Infernal from the orthography.

Hetyaro shakes his head at lich and communicates to Retula that the man is still alive in the natural sense, simply highly mutated.

The man makes no reaction to the throat clearing sound.

"well if he wanted help get ask, right? And anyway, we're not here to help. We're here to... Uh... Why are we here?"

While she misses, she looks for pickets in those merchant robes that might be worth looking in.

"Come on. Let's check out the portal. We've only been killed by messing with those once. Well, one and a half. It'll be fine"

She approaches the quartz frame, looking for an indication of where it goes.

The surface of the portal is a dark black and barely any light is visible through it, though she can make out a house on the other side that glows brightly enough to be dimly visible through the portal's black surface.

Ooc : does it resemble any snow globes she might have seen recently?

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : does it resemble any snow globes she might have seen recently?
    OOC: Yes

"this is messed up. She has a room where she can convene with her patron... Is this it? Is *he* it? That's kind of sucky but Ray-Ray has no beef with him so I guess we don't either? Mother knows best. Kinda sucks if we don't blow something up before we go though, right?

Right?

Oh you're no fun any more!"

She heads back downstairs to Mr H and tries opening the stables.

As she turns to leave a black tendril emerges from the man's robes and grabs her, encircling her waist and crushing her with incredible force.

Retula flings a treated bolt at the back of his head.
    She also instructs her raven to Peck his freaky eyes out
    (Ooc let me know if I can talk and or move arm's)

• Advertisement

The bolt passes right through the man's skull, pinning his head to the wall.

The tentacles convulse and drop Retula.

Retula gets her breath back.
    "Ok, with all the other tendrils coming out of him, I'm guessing the pit creepers will be a little pissed off with us now. Time to go I think."

She checks he's dead, checks his pockets and then looks for something to sweep the naggots off the book, for swiping purposes.

A spare bit of paper easily removes the maggots.

The man's pockets contain only long decayed food.

A summoning hex has no appeared on the stairs, burnt into the floor under the circle in common, clear as day, is:

"Try to leave via the stairs and you will trigger this, stay until we come to collect you"

Ooc : oh joy . Any windows?

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : oh joy . Any windows?
    There is a single window in the room, small, but just large enough for Retula to squeeze through.

Ooc : What's the floor made of? Assuming it's not something she can bust through :

She dismisses Mr H, then lights a torch. And will light a couple more and leave them either side of the steps to the portal.

The floor looks like very solid stone.

She sets up the torches nicely on each side of the portal. They burn quite brightly in the room.

While waiting Retula looks down the stairs to see how far she can see.

She can see to the bottom floor, twenty of the hooded figures begin climbing the stairs.

• Advertisement

Ooc : soery, stopped for dinner. ok, hard to describe this without knowing how exactly they're climbing but if I can see the barrels down stairs on the 1st floor, once the hoodies are on that floor I'll BotRQ (bonus action) beside one of the gunpowder barrels which would not require me to pass the hex, (one interaction) stick the torch into the gunpowder (I'm immune to damage until next turn) and if there's still a stairs run down them

Advertisement