Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Retula ghosts her way through the floor with a torch in her hand as soon as the hooded figures reach the 1st floor.

She sticks the torch into the barrells, the resulting blast makes everything go white....

Retula wakes lying on the grass on a hill overlooking the tower's location. All that remains is a massive crater.

Mr. H looks over her.

"Ye finished yer slumber missy?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"SPEAK UP! I CANT HEAR YOU OVER TGAT FEATHERPLUCKING BELL! "
    She calls Hetyaro. If he's still alive, flyby on the crater to see if the dragonborn or hoodies are apparent. Also she'll see if she can locate the dwarves and witch.

Hetyaro appears and flies out over the jungle. The report is fairly grim.

The tower was blown to bits. Pieces are to be found all over the jungle nearby. The dragonborn were practically shredded in the blast and the treasures in the underground chamber have been ruined. Witchy is no more, her burnt body half embedded in a tree.

The dwarves however are fine and sit talking to a middle aged woman with blonde hair, the seven of them sitting on a piece of masonry.

Retula approaches.
    "Hey ho, guys! So, uh, the tower exploded. Who's this?"

• Advertisement

"This me lassie, is the lassie ye were after, the bard"

She jumps down off the masonry and hugs Retula.

"You saved me! Thank you, thank you, I really don't have the words"

"you don't have the words? Youre a bard? The words are kinda all you have? Well, you're welcome. What did I save you from?"

"I was being held in a Hell Plane, somehow you freed me!

You're right, I...I should compose a song, your name sweet maiden?"

Retula puts her hand out.
    "Gorgai. Gorgai Lindir. Not a great name for a song, sorry. So how did you end up on a hell plane? Meet anyone nice?

C'mon, everyone's dead, let's go back to town."
    (Although if Hetyaro can get the snowglobe.... )

The snowglobe lies shattered within Witchy's bags. It seems to have exploded itself, rather than being crushed.

As they go back to town, the Bard begins to sing.

"Oh Gorgai Lindir was a brave soul
    She scaled the tower,
    caring not for the toll

Many a creature she faced,
    tentacled and rank,
    she sundered their forms
    and the tower it sank..."

This continues for a while. Tardin eventually speaks up.

"The first thirty verses were good lass, but there's only so much that rhymes with Shadar Kai"

• Advertisement

Unclear what to make of this girl, Retula returns to her in room to rest. Rising a few hours later from her meditation, she tries her hand again at the Identification ritual, this time focusing on the jewelled ring from the tower. She also flicks through the infernal book - without reading anything aloud, klaatu! - looking for anything interesting. At a respectable time she rises for brekkie and to link up with whoever's left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Outside his window he sees the mercenaries speaking to a figure armed to the teeth with blades from some aquatic species, but he can't get a good look. The figure takes out a staff, which glows and begins pacing the area slowly.
    "Well, that's not good" Therai gets dressed andtakes the potion of invisibility out of his pack and puts it in an easy to reach pocket. Then he tries to slip out of Old Audrey undetected and heads out of town towards the tomb.

Evade wrote: »
    "Well, that's not good" Therai gets dressed andtakes the potion of invisibility out of his pack and puts it in an easy to reach pocket. Then he tries to slip out of Old Audrey undetected and heads out of town towards the tomb.
    Reaching the forest, Therai spots the dwarves and Retula passing along the main road back to town. They don't see him yet.

"Retula probably wouldn't give me up but the Drarves.." Therai attempts to slip past unseen.

Banjo wrote: »
    Unclear what to make of this girl, Retula returns to her in room to rest. Rising a few hours later from her meditation, she tries her hand again at the Identification ritual, this time focusing on the jewelled ring from the tower. She also flicks through the infernal book - without reading anything aloud, klaatu! - looking for anything interesting. At a respectable time she rises for brekkie and to link up with whoever's left.
    The ring yields to the ritual, it is capable of opening quartz gateways of the type she saw in the tower. The ritual also manages to determine the existence of five others, though not their location.

The book is a guide to the denizens of the realm past the quartz gates, an unfriendly cephalopodic crowd for the most part.

At breakfast the six dwarves are there, the bard having gone back to her house for repairs.

"Retula probably wouldn't give me up but the Drarves.." Therai attempts to slip past unseen.
    Therai makes it past the group without being spotted. There is a spot not too far off, a small hole within a rocky outcrop that should be suitable for his missed sleep.

Therai burrows as deeply as he can into the hole and tries to sleep.

Therai burrows as deeply as he can into the hole and tries to sleep.
    He wakes the next morning. The mercenary group seem to have not found him.

Nearby he can see the transition into the jungle climate, the sharp shift in temperature creating a shimmering haze in the air.

"No turning back now. At least if they are looking for me they might go straight to the aerie. I wonder how nice the aerie is? If it's been abandoned for decades I can't still be stellar* can it?" He thinks as he gathers up his stuff and heads for the jungle.

OOC: *I know you probably meant stars

The ring yields to the ritual, it is capable of opening quartz gateways of the type she saw in the tower. The ritual also manages to determine the existence of five others, though not their location.

The book is a guide to the denizens of the realm past the quartz gates, an unfriendly cephalopodic crowd for the most part.

At breakfast the six dwarves are there, the bard having gone back to her house for repairs.
    Retula sits down to join them.

"So the drummer is gone, the witch 'sploded, the dragon guy and Drow are at the bottom of an ants nest, RayRay knows where that monk got to so it's just you guys, me and the little devil dude. I knew you wouldn't abandon me and neither will Therai. Let's wait here for him to get up. I made him this friendship bracelet out of bits of that old witch's scalp that were stuck to my backpack."

She whistles while she waits. He'll be along. Any second now...

• Advertisement

OOC: Gold>Retula

"No turning back now. At least if they are looking for me they might go straight to the aerie. I wonder how nice the aerie is? If it's been abandoned for decades I can't still be stellar* can it?" He thinks as he gathers up his stuff and heads for the jungle.

OOC: *I know you probably meant stars
    OOC: Okay so one hex per day. Give me your route and then a Survival Check. I'll move you to your own thread then.

OOC: Starting at 24.20(?) aiming for 24.19 Survival roll:9

Keeping an eye out for any obvious sources of food on the way

Retula eyes the stairs with nervous impatience. Aaaaany second....

"So, my little chums - any of you got any interesting hobbies?"

Retula eyes the stairs with nervous impatience. Aaaaany second....

"So, my little chums - any of you got any interesting hobbies?"
    "Aye, I bed one of each race. Ye know what the natives of this place are?"

"Aye, I bed one of each race. Ye know what the natives of this place are?"

"I swear to Queenie, if you say 'meat for the beast' I'm gonna barf."

"I swear to Queenie, if you say 'meat for the beast' I'm gonna barf."
    "I'm not a crude oaf lass, tis the sacred duty of those who follow BandyLegs. I'd rather head to the meed house, but so sayeth the Book of BandyLegs, ninth canticle, fourth verse."

He rises.

"I've not seen an unknown race here, perhaps within the islands interior, I'd rather find adventure either truth told."

She sighs.
    "Look, I'm not normally judgey but your God is ick.

Therai's ditched us, hasn't he. Well, I need to go buy some more rope and pitons to replace the ones I exploded earlier. After that, you wanna explore, let's explore."

She goes back over her encylclopedic knowledge (outlander) of the route they took here in case the Raven saw a point of interest. Otherwise, she'll ask the shopkeeper in the general store.

If there are no leads, there's a city down the road might have something?

She sighs.
    "Look, I'm not normally judgey but your God is ick.
    The dwarves all stand.

"What?"

• Advertisement

It takes Retula a moment to realise they're standing on account of the lack of any change in head height.

"Are you talking to me?

Ick. Ew. Grody. Like why all the inning and outing like it's sposed to be a chore? Is he watching? My friend t'Clsee used to know this Svirfneblin, he'd pay her to let him watch and then take the straw and use it to make these gross humunic..homuncle.. these golems. Total freak. "

Advertisement