Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Just wondering about general admission/standing tickets for the Phoenix Park gig... I am pregnant and I struggle to stand for long before getting dizzy (obviously I wasn’t pregnant when I booked the tickets) - does anyone know if it’s realistic to bring a fold-up camping chair along with me, and to sit at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Have a word with one of the stewards and they will probably put you into the disabled seating area,my daughter was in the same position a few years ago and she was looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Great show last night and acoustics at Pairc Ui Chaoimh were excellent and probably the best sound quality I have ever experienced at a large outdoor show like this. Hopefully a lot more gigs here now as it is a great venue and only down side is that very long walk back to the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I don’t know Dublin very well. Can someone give me idiot proof directions to the venue. I can either get 145 or dart into Dublin, I have zero clue which would be best to get.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

danois wrote: »
    I don’t know Dublin very well. Can someone give me idiot proof directions to the venue. I can either get 145 or dart into Dublin, I have zero clue which would be best to get.

TIA

Get on O'Connell street and then follow the crowds!

Sorry ignore that, was assuming the concert is at Croke Park which it is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

danois wrote:

145 to Houston station then short walk to the park. If the buses are not being restricted otherwise just hit O'Connell Street via
    dart to Tara st. station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We were at the Cork gig last night, we got the Sheerin shuttle bus from the quay, €5 for two adults and one child, the girl selling the tickets gave us 6 tickets, 3 for the return journey & told me there would be buses leaving the stadium after the gig, although I had read elsewhere that there were no shuttles after the gig....there were no shuttles after the gig so not everyone knew what was going on

Great gig, you have a fine stadium there now, didn't have to show any ID, minimal security for us on way in but we had no bags or stuff, event seemed well organized & policed

probably only recognised a hand full of songs, as I'm getting on now 😠but the chap entertained a big crowd with just his voice & a guitar & the stage set up was very good

Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,376 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

danois wrote: »

TIA

definitely 145, then follow the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Was at show last night and was asked for ID on the tickets, was quite early though so I reckon they just didn't feel rushed not to do the checks, but couldn't imagine checks happening when the larger crowds start arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We were at the Cork gig last night, we got the Sheerin shuttle bus from the quay, €5 for two adults and one child, the girl selling the tickets gave us 6 tickets, 3 for the return journey & told me there would be buses leaving the stadium after the gig, although I had read elsewhere that there were no shuttles after the gig....there were no shuttles after the gig so not everyone knew what was going on

Great gig, you have a fine stadium there now, didn't have to show any ID, minimal security for us on way in but we had no bags or stuff, event seemed well organized & policed

probably only recognised a hand full of songs, as I'm getting on now but the chap entertained a big crowd with just his voice & a guitar & the stage set up was very good

Really enjoyed it

I saw no shuttle buses running back from PUC Cork gig

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I saw no shuttle buses running back from PUC Cork gig

There was at least 6 Bus Eireann buses lined up on the Blackrock road after the concert.

Luno wrote: »
    There was at least 6 Bus Eireann buses lined up on the Blackrock road after the concert.

:o, I thought the shuttle buses from Lapp's Quay by Clarion Hotel would be collecting where they dropped off on Monahan Road, my bad

:o, I thought the shuttle buses from Lapp's Quay by Clarion Hotel would be collecting where they dropped off on Monahan Road, my bad

That was certainly the impression given,

That was certainly the impression given,

It was on the Bus Eireann website alright and the 202 was also running but at the same time you would have had to went looking for that information as it wasn't widely advertised.

It was on the Bus Eireann website alright and the 202 was also running but at the same time you would have had to went looking for that information as it wasn't widely advertised.

Was it Bus Eireann who organised the gig shuttle buses too, I knew the city buses from running from Blackrock Rd etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I'd say a lot of women missed the gig and spent the night queuing for the loo. Top deck of south stand, it went on for miles.

Were these the shuttle buses or local city numbered buses that run by Blackrock Rd?

Were these the shuttle buses or local city numbered buses that run by Blackrock Rd?

These were Bus Eireann double deckers, no number and all parked up in a line waiting to collect concert goers. Not 100% sure of the details as I didn't avail of any of the bus services.

It was just a bit confused & not as straight forward as it should be

On the Pairc Ui Chaoimh website there is a traffic management download which says

"1 way to grounds only, Departs Lapps Quay from 15.00 to 20.00". Yet I had tickets to return from where one would assume I was dropped off

It also says " There will be no return shuttle & concert attendees will have to walk back to Kent train station" this seems to only apply in regards to the shuttle from Kent.

Then it says "Attendees exiting the stadium (except on river Lee/Marina side) will be directed to a supplemented 202 route city bound route on the Blackrock road"

We were dropped off at Monaghan road, nothing there on exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have been given tickets for the Friday gig in Dublin but my name isn't on the tickets and I don't have the ladies card details. Are they really strict about the whole ID thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Autosport wrote: »
    Have been given tickets for the Friday gig in Dublin but my name isn't on the tickets and I don't have the ladies card details. Are they really strict about the whole ID thing ?

They were checking IDs in Cork over the weekend alright. Didn't seem to be checking cards. Maybe everyone wasn't being checked so you might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All,

Has there been any info on where in the Phoenix Park the concert will be? have heard of 2 different areas on opposite sides of the park.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has there been any info on where in the Phoenix Park the concert will be? have heard of 2 different areas on opposite sides of the park.

TIA

It’s at the Castleknock end of the park, just left of the first roundabout on chesterfield avenue coming from Castleknock. It will be a good walk if walking from town gates to the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Hi All,

TIA

Yeah it's at the far end from town.

For those not familiar, look for Ashtown Castle visitor centre on the map, that's the closest landmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hi All,

TIA

Yep as other said its right beside the Ashtown gate, if getting a taxi etc itd be just as handy to get dropped at the Hole in The Wall pub as id imagine any closer would be a nightmare traffic wise. I was over there on the weekend and everything was being set up, from the outside it looks fairly small but I suppose when the stage goes up itll be more of an indication, but the seats looked fairly close to where the stage would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Can kids (an 11 year old) go in the standing area if accompanied by an adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Do you need to bring original photo ID or will a copy do?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Lynnington3

I’m going to the Galway gig on Sunday (seated tickets). I’m on crutches with a broken ankle so will be getting a bus to the stadium. Does anyway know if the buses will be allowed to get reasonably close to the stadium to drop people off? Takes me ages to walk a nice distance. Don’t mind a bit of a walk (hop) but not miles!
    The bus website says they’ll be dropping at the venue anyway.

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Can kids (an 11 year old) go in the standing area if accompanied by an adult?

In Cork there was a 6 year old kid in the standing, not sure if this helps. They were giving out special wristbands for u14s in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

I’m going to the Galway gig on Sunday (seated tickets). I’m on crutches with a broken ankle so will be getting a bus to the stadium. Does anyway know if the buses will be allowed to get reasonably close to the stadium to drop people off? Takes me ages to walk a nice distance. Don’t mind a bit of a walk (hop) but not miles!
    The bus website says they’ll be dropping at the venue anyway.

According to the information on garda.ie, private coaches will be allocated drop off / pick up points on Bishop O'Donnell Road, so it may be about 1km or so to walk.

Here's the link to the Traffic Management Plan

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/traffic_management_pearse_stadium.pdf

Advertisement