Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Thanks very much for that.

I rang this number today, selected option 5 and got speaking to a person on the helpdesk.

Unfortunately they said that they were unable to offer me a refund or cancellation. They could offer to swap them for an alternative date but I explained that I won't be able to attend any of the concert dates.

There response to this was that they couldn't do anything for me.

I am on hold to them now
    The irony of Castle on the Hill being the hold music is not lost on me

I spoke to a lovely girl there after being on hold for over 20 minutes
    She said there is no refunds "at the moment"
    I can exchange tickets for another show "if there are tickets left"
    Or I can give the tickets so someone I know, they will need a copy of my photo ID and the physical card for this option

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I’m in same boat. 2 seated for Cork 5th May . Now can’t go. Wd love to sell for face value but don’t imagine anyone would buy with the restrictions. Hate to lose out but I bought so long ago it was hard to plan. Anyone but Ed & I could sell no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Yep it's very poor form that you can't sell them on for face value. Typical that the UK ones have no problem but us here have to suck it up.

morphman wrote: »
    Yep it's very poor form that you can't sell them on for face value. Typical that the UK ones have no problem but us here have to suck it up.

It really is
    When Twickets are allowed I dont see why the likes of Toutless arent here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 T2Pauly

Hi

Can someone please shed some light on My issue at hand. I purchased 2 tickets for the Ed Sheeran gig in Croke Park on 18/5/18 via Viagogo for 335euro with a work colleagues bank card, I gave my name and address. Please only genuine advice I have read thta I will be refused entry at the gig, it was for a birthday present and dont want to turn up to be refused after paying over the odds, My friend will allow me to take his bank card with me, advise please guys. 1st time poster as Im really worried

T2Pauly wrote: »
    Hi

Can someone please shed some light on My issue at hand. I purchased 2 tickets for the Ed Sheeran gig in Croke Park on 18/5/18 via Viagogo for 335euro with a work colleagues bank card, I gave my name and address. Please only genuine advice I have read thta I will be refused entry at the gig, it was for a birthday present and dont want to turn up to be refused after paying over the odds, My friend will allow me to take his bank card with me, advise please guys. 1st time poster as Im really worried

If the rules are enforced you will be refused as what TM have on file for the card wont match your colleagues card

My colleague is allowing me to bring the card along with me will this be ok or acceptable?

My colleague is allowing me to bring the card along with me will this be ok or acceptable?

But he wasn't the original buyer?

I wont know untill I get the tickets in person is there any other details on the tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I wont know untill I get the tickets in person is there any other details on the tickets

The name of the original buyer should be on the tickets, and if they're enforcing the rules, you're outta luck I'm afraid.

I will have the tickets Monday so I will kinow then if my name is on them or not , will update then, if not they will give me a full refund

I will have the tickets Monday so I will kinow then if my name is on them or not , will update then, if not they will give me a full refund
    How were they getting your name on them?
    Im intrigued by this....

I sent them an email this morning and  they advised me my name will be on the tickets, if not the tickets are deemed invalid to which I get a full refund apparently

I have bought tickets from all the resale sights, they never have my name on them.

Ok cheers for the reply. Has anyone actually got into an Ed Sheeran concert recently with the tickets not in their own name and totally different second name ??? I suppose that is the million dollar question?  Thanks in advance

Ok cheers for the reply. Has anyone actually got into an Ed Sheeran concert recently with the tickets not in their own name and totally different second name ??? I suppose that is the million dollar question?  Thanks in advance

The 4th May is the first date of the tour in Cork so guess we will see then

I sent them an email this morning and  they advised me my name will be on the tickets, if not the tickets are deemed invalid to which I get a full refund apparently

Well???

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

We are in the same boat, we have 3 Tickets for his Phoenix Park gig on the 16th however we are unable to attend.

No chance to sell them on, not even for face value. Due to the restrictions we are not even able to gift them to someone, its like you are trying to sell plutonium to someone.

Fighting touts is one thing but disabling every ticket re-sale possibility (outside the UK) is clearly missing the target.

You cant win really, you are supposed to purchase tickets nearly a year in advance, pay good for it and then you end up loosing out

because we all have a life and circumstances can change. Rant over (apologies).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Gally79 wrote: »

You cant win really, you are supposed to purchase tickets nearly a year in advance, pay good for it and then you end up loosing out

because we all have a life and circumstances can change. Rant over (apologies).

I called this out almost a year ago .
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103936429&postcount=47

The ID checks wont be implemented , not a hope .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I emailed the helpline and was told that I’d need a drs letter saying I couldn’t attend for refund. Otherwise someone else could use ticket if they had copy of my card with Last 4 digits showing and my name visible on it.

xraylady wrote: »
    I emailed the helpline and was told that I’d need a drs letter saying I couldn’t attend for refund. Otherwise someone else could use ticket if they had copy of my card with Last 4 digits showing and my name visible on it.

Is there anyway you could send me a copy of this email please?
    Its really annoying how we are all being told different things :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

HI there we are looking to purchase tickets for ed sheeran in croke park on the 18th, two of our group would be 9 and 10 years old and the the other two would be adults, would the children be allowed in the GA (standing area) with the adults? cant find any info on the website and dont want to buy them if they won't be allowed in, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 siobhan92

I have two standing tickets for the friday the 4th concert in cork, two of our group were denyed annual leave so cant make it now! I’d like to sell for face value! Was told by Ticketmaster if i give a photocopy of ID and the last four digits of card it would be fine! Alternitivly I will be there so the person could walk in with me if they were worried!

Tickets available on Ticketmaster for Dublin.

nihicib2 wrote: »
    HI there we are looking to purchase tickets for ed sheeran in croke park on the 18th, two of our group would be 9 and 10 years old and the the other two would be adults, would the children be allowed in the GA (standing area) with the adults? cant find any info on the website and dont want to buy them if they won't be allowed in, thanks in advance.
    I would give TM a call and check to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Tickets available on Ticketmaster for Dublin.

Tickets available for Galway and Cork too.
    I thought this sold out last July :rolleyes:
    The usual scam .

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

I realized i booked on my ticketmaster account using my wife's card - still in her maiden name. She will not be attending as I am the 'lucky' one who will accompany our 9yo.

Rang TM and explained that it was in her maiden name and I was informed that that would be ok if I have the card (which I will) or a copy of details of the card.
    Obviously I have order receipt etc so should be no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Gally79 wrote: »
    We are in the same boat, we have 3 Tickets for his Phoenix Park gig on the 16th however we are unable to attend.

Can you go another night? They just switched mine from the Fri to the Wed with no hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there parking in where LATM is for Cork?

Advertisement