Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Bought 20 shares at €29.02 on 16th Feb - cost of return flights to Athens in June recouped:cool: (for me, not gf - share price didn't jump that much)

bought a few hundred shares in 2010 @ €7. Still holding, not out of greed or trying to time the market peak. More the fact that SKG are just starting an up cycle period with exceptional potential. If this deal falls through the short term could see €30 but over the next 5 years €50 is well within reach. Finding another company with the same potential would be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnsmyth123

Bought 20 shares at €29.02 on 16th Feb - cost of return flights to Athens in June recouped:cool: (for me, not gf - share price didn't jump that much)

Bought at weighted average 23.50 over last 18 months. Very happy, up 52%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Fair play Captain :)

Looks like you cashed out at the absolute peak price today ... did you buy in at a good price ?

Savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Dardania wrote: »
    Savage!

She's coming as well though! Just saying Smurfit Kappa paid for my flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Now .... where to put my Smurfit wonga ??

On the ISEQ.
    ==========
    CRH, Kingspan, BOI all hammered recently. (CRH has a big short on it as well, since Monday), all must be good value now?

Providence not too bad value at around €0.090 either

Further afield.
    ===========
    TAW looking cheap, down from €0.32 two weeks ago to €0.25 today ?? good time to invest ?

NZC down to €0.179

Pilbara down over the last few weeks as well ? €0.52 today

Picked up some Kingspan, TAW and NZC yesterday/last night. Pilbarra SP took off on a bit of a burst soo held my powder on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jokes aside...

There was a company I've kept an eye over since mentioned here over a year ago Magnis resources. They are part of Lithium ion factories being built in Germany, New York and Australia.
    Their graphite mining in Tanzania has been halted for months with political standoff (aka shakedown) , if (IF) that gets up and running it might take off again as they're pretty much levelled out now.
    I'm just an interested observer though so haven't done any deeper forensic analysis.

Agreement with Tanzanian Government to progress Nachu.
    Magnis is Back in business. ASX just closed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Providence Resources wiggling a little bit in Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Agreement with Tanzanian Government to progress Nachu.
    Magnis is Back in business. ASX just closed though.

ASX opens in about an hour. Should be interesting to see how it kicks off again after so long . Especially as they're going from source to final product.

Edit: well that was a damp squib! I was expecting something on the positive news.

ASX opens in about an hour. Should be interesting to see how it kicks off again after so long . Especially as they're going from source to final product.

Edit: well that was a damp squib! I was expecting something on the positive news.

Any idea why the Share price might fall (2%) when on the face of it, this should have been great news??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any idea why the Share price might fall (2%) when on the face of it, this should have been great news??

Buy the rumour sell the news!

• Advertisement

Anybody reading about Kenmare resources today ? ...FY17 results out today seem to suggest that all is going well, its returned to profit and promises of better to come in FY18 ....the share price is nearly at a 1 Year low...(in fact not far above 5 year low). Was €4.00 as recently as Sept 17, hovering around €2.80 today. Tempted to have a little flutter :-)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/kenmare-resources-returns-to-profit-as-production-hits-record-1.3426662

or is this similar to Magnis ? buy on speculation, sell when the news and hard numbers comes out. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Taw announced it has started production yesterday, share price up 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hope it holds it tonight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

TAW is ridiculously undervalued.
    Long term hold for me.
    Calderwood is a boss and will provide the goods, his recent newspaper article just stated the installation of a second DMS by middle of next year, incredible.

That means going from nothing, to ramping up to 155ktpa+ by middle of this year, to 200ktpa+ by end of this year/start of next year to well over 350ktpa by middle of next year.

That’s what you call a stock with lots of upside and that excludes numerous other catalysts.

Good luck to all.

b4bmm wrote: »
    Long term hold for me.
    Calderwood is a boss and will provide the goods, his recent newspaper article just stated the installation of a second DMS by middle of next year, incredible.

That means going from nothing, to ramping up to 155ktpa+ by middle of this year, to 200ktpa+ by end of this year/start of next year to well over 350ktpa by middle of next year.

That’s what you call a stock with lots of upside and that excludes numerous other catalysts.

Good luck to all.

Great share tip, soo far. (and I only got in a week ago).

I wonder does the shenanigans that are going on with their Bald Hill mine partner, (Alliance Minerals) have any effect on the TAW share price? I noticed it fell back 3% last night.

Alliance sacked Exec Director & CEO and suspended shares on SGX (although they have resumed trading again now)

Seems to have been an amicable split.
    Has already amended his LinkedIn account stating finished with AMAL feb 2018.

Makes sense given how many shares he still owns in AMAL, he wants it to continue growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

How good is VNRX ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Long term hold for me.

Good luck to all.

I seem to only be able to buy TAW on French stock exchange rather than the ASE with Degiro. Are there any extra risks going with the FSE?

From a quick google, I can't seem to find anything on Calderwood. What is their stock ticker symbol?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

awhir wrote: »
    I seem to only be able to buy TAW on French stock exchange rather than the ASE with Degiro. Are there any extra risks going with the FSE?

From a quick google, I can't seem to find anything on Calderwood. What is their stock ticker symbol?

You should be able to buy TAW on the ASX. I bought mine through Degiro.

Long term hold for me.

Good luck to all.
    I bought a few more on the pullback last night just to trade with, I already have a nice holding from ages back when you were first tipping them that Ill probably hold for years, samefor PLS, theres a big resource update on the way for the Bald Hill mine, its basically free money *touch wood*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Micro Focus International on the London Stock exchange (MCRO) lost 55% of its value yesterday then recovered to 45% loss.

Made 20% on this yesterday and expect to make more in the next few days/weeks as the shares are undervalued. Up 2% already today

Degiro fees are €4+ for the London Stock exchange

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Micro Focus International on the London Stock exchange (MCRO) lost 55% of its value yesterday then recovered to 45% loss.

Made 20% on this yesterday and expect to make more in the next few days/weeks as the shares are undervalued. Up 2% already today

Degiro fees are €4+ for the London Stock exchange

Are you calling this as a short? News doesn’t look good for them.

BlackBerry could see some movement today with the Microsoft partnership announced yesterday, jumped 5% before close yesterday.

Are you calling this as a short? News doesn’t look good for them.

BlackBerry could see some movement today with the Microsoft partnership announced yesterday, jumped 5% before close yesterday.

No I see the value rising. The news is not that bad. Shares up 6% today and will continue to rise. Oversold in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Mcro was very nice, don't know how it will go now though to risky.

There’s too much bad news attached to it, chart isn’t looking good, I’d say it’ll take back what ever earlier gains it’s had today.
    Doesn’t seem like anything to spur it on over the next few months either as their own forecast is bleak.

Not well up on that stock but everything is telling me it’s a sell right now.

There’s too much bad news attached to it, chart isn’t looking good, I’d say it’ll take back what ever earlier gains it’s had today.
    Doesn’t seem like anything to spur it on over the next few months either as their own forecast is bleak.

Not well up on that stock but everything is telling me it’s a sell right now.

Yeah it's not for everyone.

I got in cheap and am happy to hold for the long run. I see gains and am happy to hold and take my chance as part of a diversified portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

More than doubled my holding in TAW lastnight. It looks like the merger with AMAL is going to happen which should generate some nice synergies. The ramp up to second phase is being heavily pushed by the Chinese investors. Significant drill results expected during April to increase the mine life, one of the main factors keeping the share price low. Drilling has been neglected up on until now by this company in favor of getting funding, building the plant and being the next producer of lithium, right behind the giants Galaxy and Pilbarra. This is most definitely a low risk, high return stock. I think a target price of 80c in the next 6 months is not out of the question.

Prezatch wrote: »
    More than doubled my holding in TAW lastnight. It looks like the merger with AMAL is going to happen which should generate some nice synergies. The ramp up to second phase is being heavily pushed by the Chinese investors. Significant drill results expected during April to increase the mine life, one of the main factors keeping the share price low. Drilling has been neglected up on until now by this company in favor of getting funding, building the plant and being the next producer of lithium, right behind the giants Galaxy and Pilbarra. This is most definitely a low risk, high return stock. I think a target price of 80c in the next 6 months is not out of the question.
    Plus it looks like their other neglected projects that could be just as good as Bald Hill are being spun off into a new company to get the ball rolling on them, I'm still topping up at these lows, can't wait to see where this one goes.

Agreed.

Was reading through Galaxy resources 2017 results today. They are currently at a Run rate of 209ktpa of spodumene. It has taken them quite a while to reach this run rate, TAw will achieve it much quicker than they did. They will also be installing a fines circuit this year. They have a market cap of $1.3B. It’s very hard To say how much value is attributed to there other two projects but to put it into perspective TAW will be producing 220ktpa (minimum imo) by the end of this year and that will be doubled by Q3 next year (rumours say t could be a lot sooner). Taw MC (100% basis) is less than $500M currently.

I continue to be more bullish as time progresses on TAW. Absolutely stellar management who have been there done that and I expect will do it all over again with SpinCo. The SP has been hanging around these levels for quite a while now for various reasons the main one being low LOM presently, punters waiting to see if they can get up and running as advertised and the somewhat bearish sentiment amongst many uninformed punters towards lithium due to Morgan Stanley and other nonsense reports. TBH I don’t mind for now as I’m scrambling to put some cash together to buy more which will in turn entitle me to more ownership of SpinCo. Fingers crossed a good deal gets done there but I expect it will. If Mark Calderwood is at the reins on that one too, after his performance with TAW, which is only just getting going, it will be a very hot play to be in and may coincide with when bullishness returns to the lithium space.

Here is my thoughts on the spin out for anyone interested;

https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/31949620/single

As always nothing is certain in the stock market and there has been a lot of jitters in 2018, that’s why the SP is still low 40s. There is no telling whether a crash is around the corner which could depress share prices for 1,2,3 or more years. It always something I have in the back of my mind. I think at current price for Tawana you won’t get much better but I have been wrong plenty of time so DYOR and Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nice surprise this morning from KRC. Bought a few at 1 cent, currently sitting at 14.5 cent. Hit 19 cent and nearly sold a few but held. Super results announced recently and believe it will run again after results next month. My best performing stock the last 2-3 years.

@b4bmm, similar mindset as yourself regarding TAW. Topped up yesterday.

Edit: Just sold 50% of my holding in KRC. Sensible thing to do *sigh*

Advertisement