Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Really like Mayan Energy (MYN) on LSE. Could be one of the better oil plays this year. Very nice margins with industry low lifting costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Anyone taking advantage of the dip in Ryanair share price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Anyone taking advantage of the dip in Ryanair share price?

Anyone have any clue as to the reasons for Ryanair share price weakness? Only news I am hearing is good news. Has it anything to do with IAG + Norweigan maybe ? Increased competition etc.?

Personally I'll only be interested if the SP goes below €15 and then you have a chance of a bounce back €17 for decent return.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Anyone have any clue as to the reasons for Ryanair share price weakness? Only news I am hearing is good news. Has it anything to do with IAG + Norweigan maybe ? Increased competition etc.?

Personally I'll only be interested if the SP goes below €15 and then you have a chance of a bounce back €17 for decent return.

Mid East trouble equals volatile oil price. But Ryanair hedge their fuel price years in advance AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Mid East trouble equals volatile oil price. But Ryanair hedge their fuel price years in advance AFAIK

This is the reason for fall, i believe

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-airlines-court/airlines-must-compensate-for-delays-during-wildcat-strikes-eu-court-idUSKBN1HO17R

• Advertisement

aspasp1 wrote: »

Yep, that might be it :cool: and maybe add in Geopolitical tensions turning people off flying and increased Oil prices too..... and you can see why Airline share prices might be weaker. The losses are not uniform accross the sector though as other airlines are not as badly hit. Would it be possible that Ryanair have stopped their share buyback which has been supporting their share price for the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

On Ryanair:

- They continue to have significant industrial relations issues to overcome. There's potential strikes, work to rule etc. as a result.

- Negotiations with employee unions will no doubt cost the company money, be it directly or indirectly.

- The company has missed out on competing for a couple of acquisitions (i.e. Alitalia, Air Berlin), with limited future opportunities for consolidation of substance and acquisition of prime landing slots across Europe. If IAG get Norweign, then they steal a march on Ryanair when it comes to budget transathlantic travel (despite Ryanair claiming they don't have an interest in North America, they weren't trying to buy Aer Lingus for no reason a few years ago).

- Ryanair involved in what might be considered more risky strategies such as acquiring a significant state in Niki Lauda's airline, and putting flights into the likes of the Ukraine.

All that said, Ryanair remain an excellent, well run airline, so it ain't all bad :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    For anyone with TAW shares they are merging with their JV partner to form a bigger company.

http://tawana.com.au

https://smallcaps.com.au/tawana-resources-bald-hill-jv-partner-alliance-merge-lithium-play

New shares to issue in new entity

This is good news in the long term, right?

But in the short term I wonder will the proposed share placement at A$0.41 not result in an immediate drop in the Tawana share price on the ASX on Monday morning to reflect this?  (It was trading at about A$0.455c on Friday.)

Anyone can clarify this? Is it time to ditch TAW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Looks like your wish may come true soon. Heading for 15.30

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Time to buy imo, I'm topping up anyway but dyor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

High risk but Any thoughts on petrofac put 2k in at 426 now 580. more a trade than a long term investment but still looks good for while. Hopefully oil prices stay good and more contracts also SFO of its back.

OwlsZat wrote: »

Well, I'd say around the share placement price Aud$ 0.41 is going to be the SP until the link up with AMAL and the share placement is all over with.

Kinda sorry I didn't offload mine at Aud$ 0.445 immediately after the announcement ( but I also like to sleep at night :-[ )

long-term though, the outlook is good.

So at the present price of Aud$ 0.40 its probably a buy. (If you believe in the future of Lithium mining?)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I hope you didn't pull the trigger at .455, down to .42 :o

Doubled up @.42, happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Degiro advertising a €1000 credit when you sing up for an account. Anyone know how this works? Sounds too good to be true. Is it €1000 over 250 years or something like that???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tenner a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Tenner a day!

Off your transaction fees*

cefh17 wrote: »
    Off your transaction fees*

Its a nice little deal, and very useful if you are buying on LSE, FRA or AUX exchanges where fees are kinda expensive. Only wish I could use it myself (sad face).

Just remember, share investments can go down as well as up.

Its a nice little deal, and very useful if you are buying on LSE, FRA or AUX exchanges where fees are kinda expensive. Only wish I could use it myself (sad face).

Just remember, share investments can go down as well as up.

Yeah I agree, just clarifying because when I hurriedly read it as first I thought it was a tenner free credit a day towards the price of shares :p

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

golfman wrote: »
    HA! Wouldn't we all. In fairness he's been sat on these for nearly a year I believe. He started buying in at 7p.

It broke 14p for the 1st time today. I'm convinced there's plenty more in the tank and am waiting for money to clear in my DeGiro account to top up.

Hovering around 15p now. The word on this is it will be announced that Melody VR app is going to be on the Occulus device that is going to be formally launched by Facebook at its F8 conference on 1st -2nd May. The investors are expecting a bit of a bump when this happens.

Hovering around 15p now. The word on this is it will be announced that Melody VR app is going to be on the Occulus device that is going to be formally launched by Facebook at its F8 conference on 1st -2nd May. The investors are expecting a bit of a bump when this happens.

Gonna put €150 behind them now I think. De Giro's great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there an investor presentation for this company, I have my concerns as someone into VR and gaming.

Gonna put €150 behind them now I think. De Giro's great!

Bit of a dip today for EVRH, down almost 2.5% to GBX 14.85 do you guys feel this is a buying opportunity? or is all the good news already built into the Share price ? which to be fair has had a really good run since start of Feb (GBX 8.0)

Bit of a dip today for EVRH, down almost 2.5% to GBX 14.85 do you guys feel this is a buying opportunity? or is all the good news already built into the Share price ? which to be fair has had a really good run since start of Feb (GBX 8.0)

I'm literally taking Golfman's tip as the only due diligence here ...:o

Fair play, SP up to GBX 16.00 today

In fairness, I'm not the savviest investor. I heard about it from a a friend, did a bit of research and felt it was a good punt. Bought in at 11.2p and again at 13.7p. Thats me done until it hits the 90s :D

In fairness, I'm not the savviest investor. I heard about it from a a friend, did a bit of research and felt it was a good punt. Bought in at 11.2p and again at 13.7p. Thats me done until it hits the 90s :D

Any chance your friend wants to start posting on this thread? :P well done on it! I saw your post after it had jumped initially

I know you're not allowed to post links to other forums but there's a very active thread on this share on lse.co.uk. If you google EVRH its the first result after the share price. One thing I will say, its a bunch of people that have invested so there's rarely a balanced view but it gives me a bit of confidence that this share is going places.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just joined DeGiro and looking to put about 250 per month into the account and go from there. Wondering if it's worth punting my first monthly deposit on EVR at the moment, would get me 15 shares roughly, do folks reckon it's better to invest in bulk here or would a better strategy for me?

Was in no rush to invest and was going to do more research on particular companies prior to buying my first stock but this does seem to be generating buzz from what I've looked into on it.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Just joined DeGiro and looking to put about 250 per month into the account and go from there. Wondering if it's worth punting my first monthly deposit on EVR at the moment, would get me 15 shares roughly, do folks reckon it's better to invest in bulk here or would a better strategy for me?

Was in no rush to invest and was going to do more research on particular companies prior to buying my first stock but this does seem to be generating buzz from what I've looked into on it.

Its at 16p not £ - you'd get 1500 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Its at 16p not £ - you'd get 1500 :-)
    Apologies for the moronic question but should it not be showing in DeGiro as .16 as opposed to 16.01, I've been reading share prices all wrong. So for example - Ryanair is trading at 15.41p/c not €15.41?

Advertisement