Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

If we have a drop to $1.60 today I am making another big buy order.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Depends on your profit target. It would have to be $6+ to make me think about selling a % of my holdings. Half tempted to just hold for $30+

It took a few days after earning to get momentum last time, I’d see what’s on the webcast and give it time to sink in the markets before selling.

If you only aimed to make 10% and are happy with that take it, just don’t forget this moved 3000% last year.

Use a stop loss to protect your profits once it goes above your target. That way you keep going up with the rise and keep moving your stop loss if in profit.

Nice one. For some reason on Hive De Giro will only allow a market or limit sell order...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nice one. For some reason on Hive De Giro will only allow a market or limit sell order...:confused:

Should be in the drop down menu when placing an order, make sure you put in the right one if your placing one.

championc wrote: »
    I got in at 1.80 today so I'm up €15 already ðŸ‘

Looks like it's going to open at 1.80 judging by the pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Maybe time for Hive to get its own thread? Not in but watching closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Two i've been holding for a while are Shopify(SHOP) and Paycom Software(PAYC). Both have done well for me.

If your looking for a high dividend yield stock. Look at Oxford Lane Capital Corp(OXLC). They pay a monthly dividend.

Thargor wrote: »
    Maybe time for Hive to get its own thread? Not in but watching closely.

+1 for a HIVE thread. In deep now :pac:

Or just a mining thread, we've gone from lithium to ether in a few weeks and soon we'll all be driving a TaTa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

If i wanted to put a few quid away and forget about it is the ishares Core MCSI World UCITS ETF (IWDA) a good bet? Looks to have low fees and is obviously very diversified. Would of bought a US based ETF but cant on Degiro anymore

LG1234 wrote: »
    If i wanted to put a few quid away and forget about it is the ishares Core MCSI World UCITS ETF (IWDA) a good bet? Looks to have low fees and is obviously very diversified. Would of bought a US based ETF but cant on Degiro anymore

Microsoft would nearly be my first forget about it stock. Then the likes of Alphabet, P&G, J&J, Coca Cola etc. I'm very sceptical on Apple don't see it as a long term stock think their fall could be quicker than their rise but a lot of people do think it's a good long term investment, amazon also has a crazy valuation but again people will say load up.

nokiacellphoneking.jpg

iphone-time.jpg

• Advertisement

Microsoft would nearly be my first forget about it stock. Then the likes of Alphabet, P&G, J&J, Coca Cola etc. I'm very sceptical on Apple don't see it as a long term stock think their fall could be quicker than their rise but a lot of people do think it's a good long term investment, amazon also has a crazy valuation but again people will say load up.

nokiacellphoneking.jpg

iphone-time.jpg
    :p

Tick Tock

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'm off to bed that was a long wait. Better than expected on first glance.

Q3 Results
    https://www.hiveblockchain.com/medias/uploads/FS.pdf

MD&A
    https://www.hiveblockchain.com/medias/uploads/MDA.PDF

Thanks lads will have a peep in the morn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

LG1234 wrote: »
    There are two with lower fees here, (excluding unfunded swap types):

https://www.justetf.com/uk/find-etf.html?replicationType=replicationType-full&replicationType=replicationType-sampling&sortField=ter&groupField=none&sortOrder=asc&distributionPolicy=distributionPolicy-accumulating&assetClass=class-equity&region=World

The xtrackers could be worth considering too... consider your purchase fees

Toronto opening in a few mins??

2.30 yep. Doing well in Frankfurt this morning.

2.30 yep. Doing well in Frankfurt this morning.

Yea - about CAD$1.95 roughly. That's only what I paid for 'em though...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just broke CAD$2

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just broke CAD$2

Back to 1.86 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Having read through the HIVE earnings which look impressive on the face of them. Only concerns are

1) Expected lifetime of the NVIDA GPU's is 4 years. What are the expected cost/process of replacement? 

2) What happens with crypto's in the next inevitable recession? Have my personal opinions but interested to hear any others.

BIG volume today.

I'll let DrunkMonkey answer the above, not my area at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I really think Hive deserves it's own thread at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Yes 100% agree.

Hives needs it's own thread.

It would make it far easier for anyone trying to read up on Hives, keep track of the conversation here etc. not to mention give the rest of us a break. This is supposed to be Share Picks 2018 after all :)

Thanks,

G.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Having read through the HIVE earnings which look impressive on the face of them. Only concerns are

1) Expected lifetime of the NVIDA GPU's is 4 years. What are the expected cost/process of replacement? 

2) What happens with crypto's in the next inevitable recession? Have my personal opinions but interested to hear any others.

First question I don’t know the answer to but if they last 4 years it’ll be great. I’m also not sure what effect proof of stake will have on them, I think it’s less intensive so we should be able to get more revenue from the existing ones when/if they start forging. Bitcoin miners will be coming on stream shortly so there’s a lot of questions to ask around longitvity etc.

Cryptos I think we’re in a recession right now and this is only the first few seconds of the next technology revolution. Who’ll win it I don’t know but the guy making them stands to earn a few quid and right now that’s Hive/Genesis.

I’m not a crypto buyer, full disclosure i’ve bought €100 worth of each top 5 coins. That’s it, bitcoin hits 5k I’ll buy one.

garrettod wrote: »
    Yes 100% agree.

Hives needs it's own thread.

It would make it far easier for anyone trying to read up on Hives, keep track of the conversation here etc. not to mention give the rest of us a break. This is supposed to be Share Picks 2018 after all :)

We just need some Hot share.... we need suggestions!!

Where’s evolving doors when you need him???

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Is anyone on here on the cobalt train? I have dipped my toes in a bit

Any yes I agree with a separate HIVE forum

• Advertisement

Mining fourm, cobalt, copper, ether, gold etc

Hive talk will die down in a week when the share price settles somewhere.

Wouldn’t mind buying some copper if someone has any ideas. Will be needed along with the lithium for the future.

Advertisement