Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

We just need some Hot share.... we need suggestions!!

Where’s evolving doors when you need him???

SCUMBAG_STEVE.jpg

Someone lookin for advice?

Doesn't grow on trees ya know... oh wait!

Ya maralise legaljuana

Kaly on the way back up. Need to hodl for long before phase 3 trials but will probably go hype train again.
    MPX looking for first mover advantage in US...
    Aphria in Greece deal.
    Cronos listed on nasdaq yesterday.
    ICC are interesting

To da moon etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jokes aside...

There was a company I've kept an eye over since mentioned here over a year ago Magnis resources. They are part of Lithium ion factories being built in Germany, New York and Australia.
    Their graphite mining in Tanzania has been halted for months with political standoff (aka shakedown) , if (IF) that gets up and running it might take off again as they're pretty much levelled out now.
    I'm just an interested observer though so haven't done any deeper forensic analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Cryptos I think we’re in a recession right now and this is only the first few seconds of the next technology revolution. 

In the first part of this are you saying you think we're now in a recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Mining fourm, cobalt, copper, ether, gold etc

Hive talk will die down in a week when the share price settles somewhere.

Wouldn’t mind buying some copper if someone has any ideas. Will be needed along with the lithium for the future.

As per my original post, NZC.

Two of the most bullish commodities out there right now and going forward, Copper and Cobalt. Good buying at these levels imo, I bought more this week and have a big holding. Hit 48 cents before the recent US market pullback and then there was tax reform speculation around the same time which made it drop back to high 20s and now low/mid 30s.

Based in DRC so depends on your risk profile and how you view the Congo.
    They will be supplying ethical minerals, no artisanal mining on there tenements and this is what the big companies who are currently looking to lock in cobalt supplies like Apple, VW etc are looking for. Traceable supply chain. The world biggest cobalt chemical producer took just under 15% stake in the company. I honestly cant believe how cheap it is still compared to peers. By far my favourite cobalt pic on the ASX.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

Dedicated thread for HIVE setup in the Crypto forum thanks to Captainsatnav

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057847047

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

b4bmm wrote: »
    As per my original post, NZC.

Two of the most bullish commodities out there right now and going forward, Copper and Cobalt. Good buying at these levels imo, I bought more this week and have a big holding. Hit 48 cents before the recent US market pullback and then there was tax reform speculation around the same time which made it drop back to high 20s and now low/mid 30s.

Based in DRC so depends on your risk profile and how you view the Congo.
    They will be supplying ethical minerals, no artisanal mining on there tenements and this is what the big companies who are currently looking to lock in cobalt supplies like Apple, VW etc are looking for. Traceable supply chain. The world biggest cobalt chemical producer took just under 15% stake in the company. I honestly cant believe how cheap it is still compared to peers. By far my favourite cobalt pic on the ASX.

Listed in Frankfurt and Australia? €0.25 approx

Listed in Frankfurt and Australia? €0.25 approx

ASX only as far as I know

b4bmm wrote: »
    ASX only as far as I know

Frankfurt ISIN: U1P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Frankfurt ISIN: U1P

NZC is listed on ASX and Frankfurt

ISIN is HJY and price is € 0.201

Magnis Resources is (ISIN) U1P

What are the risks for NZC here ? apart from the fact that DRC is about the most unstable country in the world !! (well maybe 2nd most ...after Syria)

presumably a downturn in Copper prices ? a wobble by mobile phone companies etc?

people on boards also recommending TAW as a promising Lithium play, its listed on ASX and Frankfurt .... soo would NZC (€ 0.201) and TAW (€ 0.28) be a decent punt at the moment? with maybe at least a 6 Month horizon... and is it better to buy both on Frankfurt Borse and cut out currency risk and extra charges of buying on ASX ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Any thoughts on capita, a lot talk about it going bust. I think its worth a few quid obviously high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭championc

Any recommendations on a Cobalt company ?

What are the risks for NZC here ? apart from the fact that DRC is about the most unstable country in the world !! (well maybe 2nd most ...after Syria)

presumably a downturn in Copper prices ? a wobble by mobile phone companies etc?

people on boards also recommending TAW as a promising Lithium play, its listed on ASX and Frankfurt .... soo would NZC (€ 0.201) and TAW (€ 0.28) be a decent punt at the moment? with maybe at least a 6 Month horizon... and is it better to buy both on Frankfurt Borse and cut out currency risk and extra charges of buying on ASX ?

I wouldn't be investing in anything with a 6 month horizon right now personally.
    If you cant leave it in there for at least 2/3 years, preferably 5 worst case scenario, then I would think very carefully given current global markets. Im not saying this will happen but who wants to be a forced seller during a market downturn, not I.

The region NZC is in is the Katanga copper belt. One of if not the biggest copper/cobalt producing region globally. This should install some confidence in the region, there is billions on the line if productions are distrupted. Right next door is Ivanhoe mines Kukula/Kamoa copper discovery (about 15-20kms away) which is a freak discovery and still growing.

From a few days ago:

"The company said that this new estimate establishes Kamoa-Kukula project as the world’s fourth-largest copper discovery, ahead of the big Grasberg deposit in Indonesia. Better still, its copper grade is, by far, the highest of the top 10 of the largest copper deposits in the world."

NZC is in a joint venture with Ivanhoe, who used to own the NZC land but had to give it up, there is similar geology on NZC tenements to that of the Kakula Kamoa discovery, which will be targeted this year.

Currently undervalued imo or else peers are extremely overvalued take your pick, with huge upside through a whole host of small tweaks that management are investigating and thats excluding the very high likelihood of more discoveries this and next year to extend the mine life and feed expansions.

Risks:

Congo can be volatile.
    Copper/Cobalt prices.
    Financing terms for construction
    Construction/commissioning challenges
    Offtake partner terms
    USD/AUD movements
    Etc

Basically the same as most other projects but with that extra sovereign risk thats associated with any africana project.
    I see some of these risks as advantage compared to other hopefuls.

CU/CO prices are only going one way imo.
    Simple/cheap construction and simple metallurgy flowsheet compared to others.
    Most Aussie explorers are chuffed with 0.10% cobalt grades this project is 0.36% - cheaper to produce.
    Much lower capex to get into production than aussie peers.
    Offtake partners are desperate right now for ethical cobalt supply.
    ETC ETC.

As always there is a lot more you can learn so try do some digging and I will try answer any questions if you have nay. Its a high risk/high reward play and SP can be very volatile so if you cant handle that look for something else.

http://nzuricopper.com.au

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Any thoughts on capita, a lot talk about it going bust. I think its worth a few quid obviously high risk.

Personally, I don't see it going bust in the short term. It's got plenty of good cashflows from prime contracts. I can however see it continuing to cut costs on an ongoing basis, which won't make for a pleasant place to work etc.

The recent sale of part of it's business (to include much of it's Irish operation) to Link would have given it cash and probably helped it cut debt a bit, so that's going to have bought Capita time.

Medium to longer term, it's definitely going to struggle unless it can come up with a new trick as the outsourcing game is just going to continue to be low margin business. There's always going to be some other operator willing to do part or all of the same thing cheaper. Sooner or later, some of Capita's UK contacts are going to be won by operators providing call centres in India etc.

It's possibly a takeover target for it's precious UK government contracts, and would be attractive to another operator with interests in the UK that may want to consolidate and benefit from synergy by merging two operations. Who that may be, I'm not sure, but at the moment Capita looks far more likely to be the pray, then the predator imho.

Personally, I'd stay well clear but that's just my own 2 cents worth :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hardly a stand out pick but Friday Night has moved higher every day by at least 10% for the last 5 days in a row. Up 16.39% yesterday.

Smurfitt Kappa just blew up. De Giro's in the green for first time since Hive earnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Unsolicited takeover attempt of Smurfit (see here)

It'll be interesting to see what happens next, whether the predator will now make a formal offer and if so, for a higher amount, or even if another party now makes a formal approach to try and get shareholders and management on side.

Thanks,

G.

Ya read that on bus to work earlier. Was wondering why it had crashed on me over the past 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Up 16.39% yesterday.

Up another 10% in the first hour again today.

garrettod wrote: »
    Unsolicited takeover attempt of Smurfit (see here)

It'll be interesting to see what happens next, whether the predator will now make a formal offer and if so, for a higher amount, or even if another party now makes a formal approach to try and get shareholders and management on side.

Yeah, nice win on Smurfit today, I had picked up a bit in Feb when the share price wobbled down to €27-ish. Dumped the lot today at €34 for a 25% profit. I expect the share price to fall back to low €30's again...and carry on as before.

Smurfit Mgmt have been very forcefull in their rejection of the offer....but the speculation will now give the SP a little boost for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Yeah, nice win on Smurfit today, I had picked up a bit in Feb when the share price wobbled down to €27-ish. Dumped the lot today at €34 for a 25% profit. I expect the share price to fall back to low €30's again...and carry on as before.

Smurfit Mgmt have been very forcefull in their rejection of the offer....but the speculation will now give the SP a little boost for a while.

Offer price from IP was the equivalent of €36.46 per share. IP have not given up and will continue discussions with SKG. This is not over just yet which is why the big jump this morning on the news held firm for the day.

Have a sell limit order in for €40 on Day Order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Friday Night Inc...just keeps on giving! Up 50% on last weeks low.

Now .... where to put my Smurfit wonga ??

On the ISEQ.
    ==========
    CRH, Kingspan, BOI all hammered recently. (CRH has a big short on it as well, since Monday), all must be good value now?

Providence not too bad value at around €0.090 either

Further afield.
    ===========
    TAW looking cheap, down from €0.32 two weeks ago to €0.25 today ?? good time to invest ?

NZC down to €0.179

Pilbara down over the last few weeks as well ? €0.52 today

Now .... where to put my Smurfit wonga ??

On the ISEQ.
    ==========
    CRH, Kingspan, BOI all hammered recently. (CRH has a big short on it as well, since Monday), all must be good value now?

Further afield.
    ===========
    TAW looking cheap, down from €0.32 two weeks ago to €0.25 today ?? good time to invest ?

Pilbara down over the last few weeks as well ? €0.52 today

Yea - think about the mining stocks though is De Giro charges a tenner I think for Asia Pacific market transactions...

How about Applegreen on ISE? Only a matter of time (IMO) before they're bought out by Exxon or someone as they're beginning to expand into US territory. (Although aren't we all gonna be driving renewable fuel cars in 20 years)...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Yea - think about the mining stocks though is De Giro charges a tenner I think for Asia Pacific market transactions...

How about Applegreen on ISE? Only a matter of time (IMO) before they're bought out by Exxon or someone as they're beginning to expand into US territory. (Although aren't we all gonna be driving renewable fuel cars in 20 years)...

exxon got out of ireland and applegreen only have a handful of stations in the states

neris wrote: »
    exxon got out of ireland and applegreen only have a handful of stations in the states

I know - hence could be a bet for acquisition by Exxon or other US entity. The more they expand the more attractive they become.

Just got out at €36.40 bl00dy chuffed.

Just got out at €36.40 bl00dy chuffed.

Fair play Captain :)

Looks like you cashed out at the absolute peak price today ... did you buy in at a good price ?

• Advertisement

Fair play Captain :)

Looks like you cashed out at the absolute peak price today ... did you buy in at a good price ?

Bought 20 shares at €29.02 on 16th Feb - cost of return flights to Athens in June recouped:cool: (for me, not gf - share price didn't jump that much)

Advertisement