Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clawback07

Surely if Shannon Airport has decided to close until 5:00am Saturday morning there is definitely something massive expected .The dismissive neersayers on this thread appear to want to blame anyone for the inconvenience of having to stay at home for 24 hours ! Don't forget the loss of life in 1982, some of which might have been avoided if today's technology was available back then .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No rain in Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Maybe a dumb question but is the snow tonight coming from the beast with the wind being storm emma? Or is Emma bringing snow also?

My understanding is..
    The beast is brining cold
    Emma is bringing moisture

Cold + moisture = snow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stupid drizzle in Tallaght.

Stupid, stupid drizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Nobody has patience to wait for weather to arrive anymore. Social media is the perfect fix for impatient people. They can just post what they think, without thinking about it!

The "feelings" generation. My feelings have equal validity to your facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

What roads are impassable in Clare
    this road right outside my house. And all the roads surrounding. Partner nearly lost the car . This thread is starting to turn my stomach.
    28577388_10155412522598100_1088698381029117900_n.jpg
    upload image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Maybe a dumb question but is the snow tonight coming from the beast with the wind being storm emma? Or is Emma bringing snow also?

Emma is a low pressure system, bringing with it lots of precipitation, wind and milder air.. This system was dumping lots of rain over Portugal a few days ago. Now its running into the really cold Siberian air ( The Beast ) sitting over Ireland and we think that the percip will modify from rain to snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Anyone in Monasterevin area hear thunder about 10 minutes ago?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fine snow in Clondalkin. Melting on windows. No evidence of out and out rain. That said, Temps are expected to temporarily rise before falling as heavy precipitation passes over

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Sleety drizzle in Clonmel. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

antodeco wrote: »
    Yup. It's rain :(

Deffo rain in Ballyfermot. Doesn't feel as bitter either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Howth station saying -0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Think we just had some freezing rain in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Up to a metre of snow in East Wicklow and South Dublin according to Evelyn!!!

Based on what we've had in Wicklow so far, I'm tempted to call BS on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

Definitely not trolling here. Am in Ballycullen D24 and it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Heavy snow Dublin 15, Castelknock. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I can hear the wind picking up outside in waterford city a sign of emmas arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

I'm nearly out of beer, getting worried now 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

It's very interesting to see how extremely local the weather activities have been over the past two days.

Here in North East Wicklow (Kilpedder) we got some snow yesterday afternoon but nothing to write home about since. Currently there is a very light dusting and random flakes have been blowing in the wind all day. In other places it has been white out conditions for two days. I have seen reports on the board from just a few Km's north and south of this location where the conditions have been very different at various times throughout the day.

Overall though it has been very cold at -3.5 worst case. Currently the wind is picking up here, temp is -1.5 and pressure is 992 hPa.

Eagerly awaiting whatever comes next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

What’s your expectation for D5 by morning?
    I don't know to be honest. Depends if proximity to the coast causes something to go wrong or not. I've a foot of snow in my garden so maybe around 50cm on grass if nothing goes wrong?

PS, I'm pretty sure this 'rain' is just small graupel. I had a closer look and saw some small graupel on my windowsill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It was never predicted for 4pm across the whole country all at once.

I know that but Emma is ment to be coming up from the south,and still no sign here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It was never predicted for 4pm across the whole country all at once.

I know that but Emma is ment to be coming up from the south,and still no sign here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Fine snow in Clondalkin. Melting on windows. No evidence of out and out rain. That said, Temps are expected to temporarily rise before falling as heavy precipitation passes over

That will be your heating being on probably

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

From what I understand Storm Emma is just your normal storm full of precipitation...that combining with the "beast" a cold front is going to cause the precipitation to fall as snow. That combined with the wind from Storm Emma will make visibility very low

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Very light misty rain in D14 :( praying it turns back to snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

If it’s snowing now on the coast of north dublin how on earth could it be raining inland? Makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have you got that set to 16/10/2017?

Thanks thats what was wrong . The date was wrong .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

dharma200 wrote: »
    this road right outside my house. And all the roads surrounding. Partner nearly lost the car . This thread is starting to turn my stomach.

upload image

And where is that? I work in Shannon and live in Limerick. No snow in either today. That doesn't preclude the fact that it was snowing in other parts of the county. I assume you're in North Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Beautiful clear night here in cork. Total serenity. Very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Advertisement