Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Funny watching Limerick and Clare. Looks bone dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Evelyn cusack must be sick of being on TV. So it's not even here yet ? So why was the 4PM deadline put into place then ? That's what I think people are wondering and pissed off at.

a) because it is difficult to track the exact course and speed of a storm like this.
    b) it is sensible to ensure a few hours buffer to make sure that everyone is safely home. What if someone sets out at 3.30pm to get home but gets delayed by terrible roads and doesn't get home til much later?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭brookers

Kh1993 wrote: »
    They’re still in the tech thread. Why on earth would they want to keep posting in here with the constant Me Me Me moaning? They’ve been providing brilliant updates for the whole week, only for some in here to write off everything with “well its not a blizzard outside my house, so therefore its no storm and a red alert is overkill, and why cant the Luas be running already”.

cant wait for this thread to go quiet and then return to the really enjoyable reading when the experts contribute like Kermit etc, it was great at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Lovely day here in limerick. Not a drop of snow. If anything, it's been warmer today than the previous two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Apocalyptic here in Dundalk. Over the last hour it has got really dark, and seems to be getting worse.

It's called night time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

The sky is apocalyptic in Tallaght with visibility reducing. Trees across the road are being used a reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the snow that fell yesterday has not melted in cork city. And where it's been compressed it is very slippery. And it's not warm at all on the northside of cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Nothing here in West cork all day,in fact whatever we got yesterday has pretty much melted,lovely sunny day today,no sign of Emma either,she's 2 and a half hrs late

Where in West Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

YeaYeaSure wrote: »
    ME and the government have made a right hash of this.

They've both been correct in their predictions of what was ahead all week, what are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The state of Cork lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

1 meter of snow... Houses would disappear under drifts. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

The state of Cork lol

In general? :pac::pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

NewMrs2b wrote: »
    The sky is apocalyptic in Tallaght with visibility reducing. Trees across the road are being used a reference!

Haven't had much snow in lusk all day. Power went at three and I thought we be out a while but fair play to esb was back in an hour. Dinner eaten now heat on stove lit and waiting it out. Most of the new snow be overnight in North Dublin?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

garyha wrote: »
    Why are people making this stuff up, if you have a source for that tatement please share it with us.

Don’t reply to them man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The state of Cork lol

The worst is yet to come says he. In front of a load of tarmac. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

duffman13 wrote: »
    In what way?

We are in a red warning for hours without a snowflake falling and going by the 5pm TAFs there isn't any coming?. North Cork/south Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

The right beer for the night that's in it!

jhvxi1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Temps are rising with the warm air being pushed from France, Emma is moving slower than anticipated, there won't be a nationwide snow events, just some light to moderate snowfall that will probably be washed by rain before first light.
    cheers stato! ! It's been pissing of snow all day here so for you to come up with that is utter piss

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

marvin80 wrote: »

Do we have any charts for where them big blobs might go next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

road_high wrote: »
    Funny watching Limerick and Clare. Looks bone dry!

Im in Clare. Constant snow all day. Roads impassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

revelman wrote: »
    Where in West Cork?

Bantry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Nothing here in West cork all day,in fact whatever we got yesterday has pretty much melted,lovely sunny day today,no sign of Emma either,she's 2 and a half hrs late

It was never predicted for 4pm across the whole country all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

dharma200 wrote: »
    Im in Clare. Constant snow all day. Roads impassable.

What part? Limerick City is as dry as Gandhi's sandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

D24 looks like a lot of rain drops on my window???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

As a government stooge I'm going to propose that the next red alert gets canceled so that nature can give the gene pool a thorough cleansing.

ah don't be too hard on yourself, we won't let you perish (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Cmon emma, push girl..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm pretty sure she's just starting to kick off here, gone pitch black and the winds are howling with snow (which has not stopped since 6am this morning) thickening.

Time for some refreshments to be put in the freezer.

This is gonna be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I don't see anything on the map other than precipitation. Don't see the countries but I presume that it is a map of France.

PS: Did the thread lock for anyone?

Advertisement