Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

In rathfarnham part of d16. Wind has picked up. Temp is milder. Very fine snow falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Chrongen wrote: »
    There's nothing falling right now. Is that Dublin Ireland or Dublin North Dakota?
    I'm in Kinsealy north Dublin and it has been consistently snowing the last 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

It's raining in bray, very odd, it's a kind of mist blowing in the wind. was this expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's like ice crystals falling from the sky here in West Clare, very strange and sharp texture to them. Sticking to everything, sides of cars, metal gates, plants, rather unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

storker wrote: »
    Based on what we've had in Wicklow so far, I'm tempted to call BS on that.

Another one for the block list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Snow falling in North Cork, I repeat - Cork Snow Shield seems to be down!! :)

So it's not a drill then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I say there will be uproar tomorrow with the government and the met office.

Been some very bad weather and a lot of roads around the country have been crippled so without a shadow of a doubt they've made the right call:

https://www.theaa.ie/roadwatch/newsroom/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Dusty snow here in Cabra.
    https://i.imgur.com/tQvUilH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

To clarify I think some of the troll posts are misunderstood, it a fine frozen mist it would melt on contact with windows etc, and if you run outside to look at it the heat from your body would cause to melt on contact.
    Plus we are in the change from streamer to storm

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Brae100 wrote: »
    Another one for the block list.

Didn't know you can block specific users and I'm using boards 16 years!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Fine snow in d15. Just because it melts on the window or your skin doesn’t mean it’s rain folks

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's like ice crystals falling from the sky here in West Clare, very strange and sharp texture to them. Sticking to everything, sides of cars, metal gates, plants, rather unusual.
    Ice rain. Lethal for the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

redsky7 wrote: »
    It's raining in bray, very odd, it's a kind of mist blowing in the wind. was this expected?

It’s not rain. Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Warning to be extended out to 6pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

George Lee has just said the Red warning will be extended to 18.00 Tomorrow in Leinster & Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Definitely a change in what we had all day I'm Waterford we are starting to get the drizzle stuff too I'm guessing that's just the starter to our main yes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Virtually nothing of any substance all afternoon here in Bray, some very fine powdery snow that's now being blown about by the wind, that's all. Any snow on the window sills has now melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

met eireann has crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

irishfeen wrote: »
    Snow falling in North Cork, I repeat - Cork Snow Shield seems to be down!! :)

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

ZX7R wrote: »
    To clarify I think some of the troll posts are misunderstood, it a fine frozen mist it would melt on contact with windows etc, and if you run outside to look at it the heat from your body would cause to melt on contact

I think it's fine people reporting rain/mist but there's idiots saying MET etc.. went overboard with the warnings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 yoganmahew

Whether it rains or snows, it's still pretty perlious conditions where I am (north dunlin)

Imo is warranted
    Yep. I've a foot of snow around me (just outside Tullamore) and it's only just stopped snowing from last night. Roll on Emma!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

I don't think its fair to call people reporting in rain "trolls" or to tell them they're simply wrong and don't know what they're talking about just because it doesn't fit in with a lot of peoples hope for a complete whiteout.
    I'm hoping for the meter of snow in South Dublin we were just promised on the RTE news too but I'm telling you all we have right now in D18 is wind and RAIN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Most snow we get is great to take a stroll in. With the wind this time, it's poxy. Feels like needles to the face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Warning to be extended out to 6pm tomorrow

What info are they going off as they are changing it very often is this latest change due to Emma growing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Popped the head outside on dublin 15 - looks like a fine mist now? Was heavier wetter snow earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

Not a bit of snow all day in West Cork. In fact the snow that came yesterday is melting away. Still calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Trolls have derailed this thread. I’m ignoring it for a few hours till the fun begins
    Is there an organised group of trolls in here!! :D

Mod note

If you see a post that needs mod attention then report it and let the mod team deal with it instead of further derailing the thread and making the moderators job even more difficult.
    Cut it out

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Feckin lock down since 4 in the bloody afternoon in the southwest? Not a drop of snow the past 48 hours, sun splitting the rocks. Elderly people couldn’t access health facilities and banks?

Where in the southwest has the sun been splitting the rocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

-2 in Sligo
    Windy
    A few flakes throughout the day but a lot of snow has actually cleared,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Fine drizzly snow in Clon now (snizzle?) , with breeze picking up a bit

Advertisement