Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I'm pretty sure she's just starting to kick off here, gone pitch black and the winds are howling with snow (which has not stopped since 6am this morning) thickening.

Time for some refreshments to be put in the freezer.

This is gonna be epic

Where are you? Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

She's coming into South Kilkenny now, very dark and the wind is starting to pick up, it's also after getting a lot colder. I'm between Wexford and Waterford so I'll keep you all posted.

Nearly time to start cracking into the beverages!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

By the looks of it that 10am phone call will be telling me to come to work in Galway, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

The worst is yet to come says he. In front of a load of tarmac. LOL

We have 25 cm accumulation of snow here in Kinsale since Tuesday night. Same story along coast from Carrigaline down to Clonakility and as far north as Bandon. Pity none of that was mentioned. Primary roads impassable, cars abandoned yesterday, trucks jackknifing, hundreds of houses without power in Kinsale area. Pity the news report shows Pascal standing on Washington Street and no mention of the south of the county...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Sariah wrote: »
    D24 looks like a lot of rain drops on my window???

It could be melted snow flakes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I'm not weather expert but even I know weather is interpretation of data and charts to try and predict what is going to happen. It is not an exact science. Yesterday all signs were pointing towards a big snow event this evening. It's difficult to predict exactly when that is going to happen that far in advance so they did the sensible thing and gave the earliest time it could potentially arrive at. Better to predict it too early than too late. If they had said 8 pm and it arrived at 4 pm peoples lives would be at risk .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Deedsie wrote: »
    Idiots and morons get pissed off easily. It was declared for 16:00 to give people time to get home. Why does everything have to be explained, is there no common sense out there? Just instant outrage and annoyance

Nobody has patience to wait for weather to arrive anymore. Social media is the perfect fix for impatient people. They can just post what they think, without thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

D15 is very Misty now, snow seems to be melting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rain

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

dharma200 wrote: »
    Im in Clare. Constant snow all day. Roads impassable.

What roads are impassable in Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

It seems ok after I refreshed it. Tap on the app icon (am using iPad)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thank goodness! Temp dropping back in Dublin 16 now. -1.2c DP -2.5c atm.

Moderate fine snow falling, which is accumulating on the ground, rather than on cars/roofs, due to the wind.

I was only 10 in 1982 but I do remember noticing how little snow there was on roofs while at the same time we had 6 ft snow snow drifts (in Dublin 6).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Rain in Walkinstown:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

RTE Six One just mention snowfall of 3 feet How has it gone from 40cm to 3 feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Looks same in D16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Kildare Town

IMG_20180301_WA0029.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Is it just me, or have you got that set to 16/10/2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ok Eveyln Cusack doubling down with maybe a metre of snow in South Dublin, Wicklow. Let's see

Doubling down, haha.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yup. It's rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

marvin80 wrote: »
    Where are you? Wexford?

Kildare/Wickow border a few miles from Kilteel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Steve F wrote: »
    RTE Six One just mention snowfall of 3 feet How has it gone from 40cm to 3 feet?

In some areas near the mountains.

The storm hits the Wicklow mountains for example, the air gets pushed up by 700-1000m and condenses, boom explosive snow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

del88 wrote: »
    Rain in Walkinstown:-(

Are you sure it's not fine snow?

Moderate fine snow now in Dublin 16, starting to accumulate, on the ground, rather than on cars/roofs, due to the wind. -1.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note

The ongoing bickering, trolling, deliberate thread-spoiling and misinformation is ruining the thread for people who are actually interested in discussing the weather
    As it clearly states in the OP

This is a busy thread and as a result the Mod Team will be taking a zero Tolerance approach to trolling, flaming and personal abuse.

Don’t say you weren’t warned!!

And please don’t feed - report & let the Mod team deal with Troublesome Posters/Trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Maybe a dumb question but is the snow tonight coming from the beast with the wind being storm emma? Or is Emma bringing snow also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snow in Dublin 5, not rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Kildare Town

IMG_20180301_WA0029.jpg

Is that 30cm there (can’t see properly). It’s definitely that here in Sallins. Blizzards all day. What next?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Snow in Dublin 5, not rain.

What’s your expectation for D5 by morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Not trolling but it's definitely rain and not snow in d11. Very windy though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

How is it raining inland of here? Temp dropping, -0.3c now and garden all sparkly with light snow. DP -3C.

Don't go off velux windows guys- check under light, tis fine snow particles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Getting a decent amount now in Gorey

Advertisement