Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

storker wrote: »
    Based on what we've had in Wicklow so far, I'm tempted to call BS on that.

What’s to come is nothing to do with what’s passed already.

Wicklow will see significant accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Can confirm sleety rain here too. I'm sure it will turn back to snow very shortly.

EDIT: After closer inspection it could be very very very fine snow that melts instantly on my very very very very very very dark blue jacket sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

coffeepls wrote: »
    Is that 30cm there (can’t see properly). It’s definitely that here in Sallins. Blizzards all day. What next?!

Yeah constant all day. Over 1ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Lol. Looks like rain but very fine snow grains are falling. Gusts over 50 kts at the coast. V poor conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know that but Emma is ment to be coming up from the south,and still no sign here anyway

Blarney (Cork) based here and nothing happening yet. Expect it to pick up in the next few hours though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

wakka12 wrote: »
    Very light misty rain in D14 :( praying it turns back to snow

That's just not rain, it's fine snow. I'm in D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Will it hit as North as drogheda??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Still nothing here. Covered 160kms to and from work. Sitting here since 4ish, impending doom... no snow, no wind :)
    Costing millions closing schools and businesses which felt no affect what so ever.

I know safety is paramount, but its ridiculous that it can't be left to the various regions to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Very fine snow in Dublin 3, definitely snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Rain now in Dublin 18 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Beautiful clear night here in cork. Total serenity. Very disappointed.

Another person with a time machine :) backwards time machine. The weather that hasnt arrived that isnt forecast to arrive till later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

It has just started to sleet/rain here in Kinsale. We had proper dry snow falling earlier today but if this is Emma she appears to be brining rain/sleet, at least for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Starting to pick up a bit in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

yop wrote: »
    Still nothing here. Covered 160kms to and from work. Sitting here since 4ish, impending doom... no snow, no wind :)
    Costing millions closing schools and businesses which felt no affect what so ever.

I know safety is paramount, but its ridiculous that it can't be left to the various regions to decide.

mod? The weather isnt forecast to arrive yet, another person with a time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    What’s to come is nothing to do with what’s passed already.

Wicklow will see significant accumulations.

True, I'm not actually making a prediction, but the Wicklow east coast so often gets away with it when the rest of the country is in a deep freeze.

Great waves on the sea front today, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It ain't rain at all in D5. It's very fine snow/small graupel. It's accumulating too. I can see it against my windowsill too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bit of rain Dublin City, better get its act together and become snow again

Edit
    Could be very fine snow, hard to tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Snowing here in Douglas for the last 20-30 minutes. -1 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lightly snowing now in Bishopstown, Cork. Its starting to make the roads which were basically thawed (but pretty sure froze again) white again

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Also in D14. Just stood out in it and it’s definitely fine snow. Just hits window like misty rain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Light snow continues in Greystones.

-0.4C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

And we cant forget the hardy (idiotic) swimmers in Salthill.

Just mentioned on the RTE news

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im in D1 and it is very fine misty snow, It is definitely not rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Handy11 wrote: »
    Also in D14. Just stood out in it and it’s definitely fine snow. Just hits window like misty rain

Yes exactly that, even giving a dusting on a car that was clear half an hour ago.

Aw, I loved the Donegal man on RTE just now, worried about not getting the daily feed up to his two donkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I can confirm it’s very fine small bits of snow, I stepped out and was covered in it. It’s not rain

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The wind is getting up again in cork and it's very cold. The snow where I live never really fully melted but where I've walked out the back garden is very slippy. I'm assuming that's happened other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Looking outside from here that looks like rain, D18 Sandyfor villiage area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Lady on 2FM 7pm news just said one metre of snow for Dublin.

That's a lock so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Go stand out in it. If ya don't turn white, fair enough. D9 and incredibly fine misty snow. Grit is starting to lose the fight. Footprints filling in nicely too.

Advertisement