Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

It's definitely freezing rain here and not tiny flakes of snow. It's left a glaze of black ice on any exposed ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

Just went out in it too. D24. Looks and feels like rain to me. Have had snow all day up to the last 30 mins and this is not white like it has been.

Light snow again in North county Galway. Despite snowing throughout the day it seems to not be adding anything to the snow we had yesterday.

Very fine and light.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Misty rain in Athlone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Snizzle. Haven't had proper snow all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

dharma200 wrote: »
    Im in Clare. Constant snow all day. Roads impassable.

I'm in NW Clare near the coast and we too have had snow. Not constant all day but enough to cover the ground which is a very rare phenomenon here. Can only remember everywhere being covered once before years ago (can't remember what year).
    Main roads have been gritted so driveable if you can get to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

We had dry powdery snow up until about lunch time here in Kinsale - we have about 20-25cm of snow on the ground. But in the last 30 mintues rain/sleet has been falling. If this is the start of Emma, this is what she is bringing to us right now. Just thought I'd let the experts know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Definitely snow in Dublin !6 (...thank God...:)) albeit wet snow. -1.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Handy11 wrote: »
    Also in D14. Just stood out in it and it’s definitely fine snow. Just hits window like misty rain

Ah great :D We're still in business then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

This mass panic about rain is gas :D

I must admit I did have a mini-panic myself too. All part of the rollercoaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

In Swords and getting very windy now. Very fine snow had been falling up until a minute or so ago. Looks like out there! The sky still has a lovely 'glow' to it, although moodier looking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Lady on 2FM 7pm news just said one metre of snow for Dublin.

That's a lock so.

There's nothing falling right now. Is that Dublin Ireland or Dublin North Dakota?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lady on 2FM 7pm news just said one metre of snow for Dublin.

That's a lock so.

Was it Evelyn O' Rourke ?

Edit: Evelyn cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I say there will be uproar tomorrow with the government and the met office.

Yep may as well blame the uk alright. If you are going to nonsensically apportion blame at least get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Munster and Leinster
    Update

Blizzard conditions tonight and during Friday in Leinster and Munster. Southern and eastern coastal counties expected to receive exceptionally high accumulations.

Issued:Thursday 01 March 2018 18:59
    Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 19:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

Upgraded to be active till 18:00 tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Patience...some decent radar returns over cardigan bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I wouldn't say those reporting rain are trolls. They're either confused or the local weather conditions are varying wildly. I think the former is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Location stillorgan South Dublin
    Wind has really picked up for over an hour now very gusty whistling wind its been snowing most of the day. I'd be interested to see if any other areas have started to get some serious wind. In tesco today very little bread /eggs/meats left, shops were really packed like Christmas eve packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I feel bad for the MET. They did a great job during this cold spell, overall extremely accurate . Regardless of how well or poorly they do on forecasting they'll always be heavily criticised during severe weather for some reason, I guess people taking out their anger with the weather on those forecasting it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is there an organised group of trolls in here!! :D

A front of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Just got the word from my friend in the Isle of Wight who is currently in Snowstorm Emma. It Started at 2:30 or so for them and its still going strong. The Isle of Wight had no snow whatsoever thismorning. now he's saying its up to the Curb's with snow in about 6 1/2 hours.

I wonder how the heck Dublin's going to manage tomorrow, its already close to or even up to the curbs here in snow! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Munster and Leinster
    Update

Blizzard conditions tonight and during Friday in Leinster and Munster. Southern and eastern coastal counties expected to receive exceptionally high accumulations.

Issued:Thursday 01 March 2018 18:59
    Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 19:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 18:00

Upgraded to 18:00 tomorrow. Possibly no thaw in the south then? Although majority of models are predicting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Whether it rains or snows, it's still pretty perlious conditions where I am (north dunlin)

Imo is warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

patneve2 wrote: »
    Patience...some decent radar returns over cardigan bay

Cardigan bay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Flakes are getting bigger now. Graupel also.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Light Snow Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Nothing at all happening Northside cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Feckin lock down since 4 in the bloody afternoon in the southwest? Not a drop of snow the past 48 hours, sun splitting the rocks. Elderly people couldn’t access health facilities and banks?

yes because a broken leg or hip after slipping on the ice to get health facilities and a few quid out of the bank is definatley worth it.. as I am sure the seven peoples o far, including the seven year old child who died in england can attest. uproar alrighty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Snow falling in North Cork, I repeat - Cork Snow Shield seems to be down!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Chrongen wrote: »
    There's nothing falling right now. Is that Dublin Ireland or Dublin North Dakota?

Did you expect a metre just after she said it?

Advertisement