Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

dharma200 wrote: »
    First pic is road out of house. Thought I was brave going out to take photos... fell over within 20 seconds. Under the snow it is hard ice. Partner had to drive today am so worried, cannot relax and enjoy the snow till he is home. Kids loving it, red faces frozen hands. This is a status red here whatever anyone says, and from here (Clare) to Galway the roads are just shocking. I cannot fathom why anyone would be like this is hyped. Its like people have no vision outside their own myopic back yard. That people might have to go form one town to another, that your own back yard is not an indicator nationwide. I never thought of weather as being something which really shows people for their own self awareness or lack of.

I wouldnt want to be in met eirann listening to all the gowls who giving out. I wouldnt want to be the one calling the alerts either, because either way you are going to loose, if someone dies and it wasnt called, if someone has heaven forbid to get the kids minded for the day and there is only a cm of snow. I just dont get it. I dont get the whole attitude.

Had RTE radio 1 on yesterday morning. The presenter on "Risin Time" was almost apologetic when announcing the weather was bad in Dublin. You could tell he was afraid of the inevitable backlash from the parts of the country with no snow.
    After the first song, he sounded relieved to read out a text from Cork. There was snow in Cork! He now had permission to talk about the snow without the accusations of being too Dublin-centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Moderate to heavy snow near Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Been a blizzard for the last hour plus in Naas. All the work clearing the path was for nought.

If Emma doesn't deliver this certainly has.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I’m dropping the neighbors around to the shops at the moment , ain’t the folks that didn’t spring the extra few quid for the 4wd versions of the fancy SUVs loving it now ,

In saying that , second time in 8years I’ve got really good use

Ill leave the Kadjar in the driveway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Sun shining in Mayo, a nice fresh easterly breeze blowing some hopefully some snow along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

jdcv94 wrote: »
    0bad1f63a179df59c4d2f307cdc0d929.png

ECMWF model accumulations for Saturday 6am. Inches.

Wow it's completely white. That's a lot of snow.

EDIT: It was completely white. A broken image. Now my joke is ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Sunny and clear skies in Sth Kilkenny... lots of snow on the ground.
    Strange there was no freeze last night, considering the temps were so low ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

So much snow has now fallen in Waterford, can't imagine what we will end up with when Emma passes through... Walked to.shop about an hour ago..cant differentiate between footpaths and roads.. still bucketing down..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Looks like it’s been snowing most of the night in clonsilla. About ten inches lying on bins etc. Bit more on the ground as a lot is being blown off the bins etc. It’s drifted to about 30 inches at our back door as the wind blows into a corner there. I had to hop out a side window to pick up a large potted tree that blew over in th wind. My spring flowers have taken a pasting.
    Yeah I'm not far from you and this is my back garden as of now and it's still snowing and very windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had a wander around garden
    Some very impressive drift accumulations in places

Nit looking forward to the thaw mind
    But it seems like dryer snow than usual
    Or is that silly talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just imagine. If the gulf stream stopped, this would be our normal weather.

We're at the same latitude as Hudson Bay in Canada, so it would be a lot worse and with Polar bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Nothing in Courtown, maybe the odd single flake floats past reminding me of what could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Heavy snow and windy again in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yikes that wind would cut you in two!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I’m dropping the neighbors around to the shops at the moment , ain’t the folks that didn’t spring the extra few quid for the 4wd versions of the fancy SUVs loving it now ,

In saying that , second time in 8years I’ve got really good use

The most dangerous people on the road are those who have 4wd and look for every excuse to use it and think it is bulletproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Steady showers since I got up.
    Got a little heavier for about 15 min there with drifting and everything.

Id say there is only an extra 5cm accumulated since yesterday though, so its mostly been light enough snow so far in Sandyford Villliage area.

edit: Just got heavy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Hardly any snow in Greystones, delighted, hopefully miss it all again today, although it was just on the radio that there could be more rain than snow later so who know's!

live here too....feeling short changed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Being snowing here on Naas all morning, so there is a big hole in that radar! If I was subscribing to the Netweather radar I would be well miffed!!

Same in South Dublin where I am. Has been light flurries since the morning but seems to be picking up in intensity right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heavy snow now near Santry but there is so much snow on the ground that it really makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They had longer meetings than the entire National Emergency Team and still not an answer on closing our workplace. A complete jokeshop.
    They'll probably tell everyone at 4pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Heavy snow and windy again in Dublin 5.
    You should get first post on every page :)
    jealous southsider here

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

really picked up here in D14 almost whiteout like conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

jdcv94 wrote: »
    0bad1f63a179df59c4d2f307cdc0d929.png

ECMWF model accumulations for Saturday 6am. Inches.

Switch to metric babbby :).

Impressive totals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

And this was cleared by the kids yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It's a second Christmas for me.

I bought ham and chicken for dinner and a blizzard happening and Christmas FM on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I walked the coast road earlier and it seems to be constant snow to the side of howth in the direction of raheny, bayside, coolock, artane, Donaghmede etc. it is like a conveyor belt of snow showers constantly going over towards raheny and st Anne’s Park direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

You should get first post on every page :)
    jealous southsider here

Usually it's like a snow shield here when it comes to accumulating snow. Whenever we get potent northwesterlies, it sticks nearly everywhere in Dublin except around here :pac:. That frontal event in early February didn't stick onto the roads and pavement at all here. Accumulated in everything else though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just posted by MTC in the Model thread. Makes me feel a bit more confident about Emma after my disappointment caused by the Easterly wind and Wales Snow Shadow.
    Originally Posted by M.T. Cranium

As the gradient tightens next six hours, this light to moderate sea effect snow will tend to get more concentrated into heavy bands and the pressure falls will turn the wind slightly northeast from Bray north, while it's likely that strong southeast winds will downslope off the Welsh highlands and rip across towards Wicklow. This will set up convergence of sea effect regimes and then the storm's snowfall arriving will converge with the streamers. This may lead to locally heavy banding by evening over the central east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Heavy enough snow shower on Carlingford Lough right now, wind picking up over the last hour too. :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Can somebody else take a look at this?
    It shows nothing between North Dublin and Wexford, I assume it is just a glitch?

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Nate

Advertisement