Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    That wind would cut you, painfully cold.

yeah i had a grand plan to go for a walk. decided not to. yikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. :D

It’s been snowing/blowing all morning in Kilcock but radar has had almost nothing. Met Eireann more accurate here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Have to admit I am mildly concerned now. If this is to last until Saturday morning which it is now saying that's a lot of snow. Could be a few feet in drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

It can be very inaccurate. I would suggest the uk met office radar or rain today

Thanks. Rain Today is showing the same huge band over wexford that is missing on met.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Dunmore Road Waterford

U2Jodl5l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Whiteout conditions in Kill village now and for the last 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Waterford is just non stop now heavy too and iv to try get to shops soon before they close if not already are ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Still the biggest non event here since Ophelia..

Enjoy the show folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

asl 152m S Sligo..... still -2* and continuous light snow this past 30 mins. Not showing on ME weather but it may be too light? Heavy enough that I can't see Keash hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Think that orange might have been the better choice for Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal and possibly Cavan/Monaghan but there are strategic reasons to go all red, just in case things move much further north than expected, and to deter people from making travel plans that might be from the marginal warned areas into core red alert areas, especially as the storm is for a Friday and it would be logical to assume that hundreds of people might ordinarily be planning a weekend trip south to Galway or Dublin area perhaps, this might make them cancel those travel plans which would seem like a good thing.

Not only this - but if the large majority of the country excluding those counties is under several cm of snow and in driving, heavy gusts of winds, coordinating and dispatching emergency/rescue services and public services to those 'untouched' counties is going to be extremely difficult and dangerous in and of itself. This is a batten down the hatches kind of night coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

leahyl wrote: »
    Wow, lots of snow on the east coast/inland. Any snow in Cork seems to be south of the river lee and nearest the coast

For a change ;)

Nice bit of snow in Clon these last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

How exact are the timelines they are giving? I’m in work and been told I need to finish my shift so I’ll be leaving at 4pm. Have a 30 min walk home in good conditions. So I’m guessing at least double that today. Will I be ok do you think or should I just leave an hour early and risk disciplinary in work???

Edited to add I’m in bray.

Thanks.

On a side note. I’ve found this thread very informative so thanks to everyone for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. :D

It's snowing in Enniscorthy very lightly all morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

danois wrote: »
    How exact are the timelines they are giving? I’m in work and been told I need to finish my shift so I’ll be leaving at 4pm. Have a 30 min walk home in good conditions. So I’m guessing at least double that today. Will I be ok do you think or should I just leave an hour early and risk disciplinary in work???

Edited to add I’m in bray.

Thanks.

On a side note. I’ve found this thread very informative so thanks to everyone for the input.

Public advised to stay indoors from 4pm. Leave at 3pm would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Been snowing non-stop in Newbridge since I woke up around 7, could have been going a lot longer though. Past half an hour it's after getting heavier again. Managed to venture to the shop a while ago and the Army were out with snow ploughs, guessing that means the council is stretched thin if the army is after been called in.

If Emma hits us hard later, Kildare will be under easily 50/60 cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Dry sunny and no snow in Limerick.

Very disappointed. Hope Emma comes soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

It's been snowing light/moderate all morning in North Wexford near the Wicklow border.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

MJohnston wrote: »
    Not only this - but if the large majority of the country excluding those counties is under several cm of snow and in driving, heavy gusts of winds, coordinating and dispatching emergency/rescue services and public services to those 'untouched' counties is going to be extremely difficult and dangerous in and of itself. This is a batten down the hatches kind of night coming up.

Every time I see this I think.....I have no hatches to batten?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Limerick is boring as **** at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dQuetour

Lumi wrote: »
    Flaking down again in Moycullen, Galway with a couple of cams on the ground from overnight showers
    Currently -3.4C but feels like -9.0C

I'm well out to the West of you on the coast, are we likely to escape or will Emma get us too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

dashoonage wrote: »

No way! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

dashoonage wrote: »

Corofin North Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It's been snowing most of the morning so far in D15. Was out getting food...in the heavier bursts, with the wind, it's pretty awful. Lost my gloves in the supermarket, and my hands are just about no recovering from the walk home. Brr!

VNGM6Pq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Gonzo wrote: »
    the snow situation here in Dunshaughlin has definitely improved since yesterday so obviously it snowed it fairly regularly during the night! about 10 cm (4 inches) on the ground here now, making it the deepest snowfall I've seen since 2010.

Hopefully will have a decent top up over the next 24 hours as well.

i was kinda keeping an eye on it using the footprint method :-) since about 7am its been more or less constant light snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

A few flakes drifting down here in Cork (the Lough). Sun coming out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Fairly coming down now in Drogheda and winds really picking up..Is it really going to get worse than this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

About 4 cm of snow overnight here in south kildare but some small drifts on the roads up to 40 cm in places

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Swanner wrote: »
    Still the biggest non event here since Ophelia..

Enjoy the show folks :D

Unless you happen to live in Dublin 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭bigroad

jdcv94 wrote: »
    It's been snowing light/moderate all morning in North Wexford near the Wicklow border.
    Nothing much here in North Wexford for the last 24hrs.
    Yet netweather says we should be covered.
    Fields still green.
    Very cold and windy.
    Some light snow now.

Advertisement