Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭thomasj

Anyone else who was lucky enough to get the heavy snowfalls in 2010-2011 think this ihas now surpassed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hardly a flake here in Ashford Co. Wicklow. Red alert lock down is very frustrating when the weather so far has been grand, schools closed yesterday and there was no issues what so ever, not sure these blanket red alerts are workable in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Natibaby

Anyone using net weather radar and it not showing precipitation for you just check met Eireann instead. in d24 and it shows nothing on netweather and snowing for hours here, plenty showing on met Eireann radar

At the moment this is the opposite of Ophelia.

I'm by Fermoy and not seen a flake and getting (completely non ironic) comments from people in Dublin about how the South coast isn't the entire country, from the same people who were giving out about the Status Red during Ophelia being "unwarranted" when Dublin was not so badly hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

sideswipe wrote: »
    Hardly a flake here in Ashford Co. Wicklow. Red alert lock down is very frustrating when the weather so far has been grand, schools closed yesterday and there was no issues what so ever, not sure these blanket red alerts are workable in the long term.

it's advisory from 3pm today so if you feel you can get out and about there's nothing to stop you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

thomasj wrote: »
    Anyone else who was lucky enough to get the heavy snowfalls in 2010-2011 think this ihas now surpassed it?

Most definately, in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Being snowing here on Naas all morning, so there is a big hole in that radar! If I was subscribing to the Netweather radar I would be well miffed!!

That's not Netweather it's Metrociel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Can somebody else take a look at this?
    It shows nothing between North Dublin and Wexford, I assume it is just a glitch?

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Nate

No glitch, thats were I am- weather is cold and windy but no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kildare getting plastered last 12 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Snowing in Oughterard most of the morning.
    I thought West Galway would get nothing until Emma came in later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Snowing away in dalkey. Gale still blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I'm amazed at how little is accumulating here in my part of D9. Theres the same amount on the ground as midnight last night - and its been snowing pretty much ever since!

Heavy snow atm. It must all be blowing away. Live on a very long road running East to West so this pretty straight Easterly must be whipping it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 feckwunker

Absolutely belting it down in Waterford for the past few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Natibaby wrote: »
    Anyone using net weather radar and it not showing precipitation for you just check met Eireann instead. in d24 and it shows nothing on netweather and snowing for hours here, plenty showing on met Eireann radar

That makes so much more sense, I've been like wtf-why is it so wrong when its been so good!

Snowing away in dalkey. Gale still blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LongfordSligo

Enniscrone in Northwest Sligo must be only place with NO Snow...some light flakes in the air ..but nothing on the ground.. Wonder will that change this evening / Tonight ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

thomasj wrote: »

Not close (yet) in Dublin 16....hoping that will change tonight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Natibaby wrote: »

Yep I see what you mean now. Matches what I'm seeing with the Mk.I Eyeball.

JsFeW9o.png

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

pad199207 wrote: »
    Kildare getting plastered last 12 hours.

And it doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon either.

Mental weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wow, lots of snow on the east coast/inland. Any snow in Cork seems to be south of the river lee and nearest the coast

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking choppy and wintry in DunLaoghaire with snow even on the jetty.

http://www.dmyc.ie/webcam.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

In the 07:55 forecast on Radio 1 earlier, Joanna Donnelly mentioned a risk of severe thunderstorms along the south and east coasts. Thus doesn't seem to have been picked up elsewhere, so I'm curious to see if others here concur with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

This getting worse! Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co Galway 01/03/18IMAG2999_zpso7lvk8kc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Beautiful day here in South Donegal. Extreme contrast to the video's I've seen of the North of the county. Wind does seem to be picking up this past while though. Hoping the snow does come so the kids can experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Been snowing here constantly since I woke at 8.30. Some light showers but also much heavier ones too. Currently near white-out. Sandyford D18. Can’t even see 3 rock

Appalling conditions. Much worse than yesterday. Dalkey area

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Approaching blizzard like conditions near Santry again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    This getting worse! Naas

Just about to say the same , its coming down sideways visibility down also

Advertisement