Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Kildare getting plastered last 12 hours.
    Approaching blizzard like conditions near Santry again.

This is getting ridiculous now

But I bloody love it ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Can somebody else take a look at this?
    It shows nothing between North Dublin and Wexford, I assume it is just a glitch?

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Nate

Yeah something's not right. It's showing massive precipitation over Wexford, while the met.ie radar shows nothing there.

WEB_radar5_201803011030.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just popped out to get Gas and Elec, Jobstown/Citywest is pretty ****ed, the roads are barely drivable and went past Lidl where its bedlam. On a plus note get a txt at 7.45 saying not to come into work after 75% of the drivers said they wont come in and they had to send the poor shmucks who had turned up home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭thomasj

DART line suspended south of pearse due to flooding at salthill Irish rail reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

MTs forecast on streamer activity picking up off Irish Sea seems to be kicking in now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah same here in blanch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the snow situation here in Dunshaughlin has definitely improved since yesterday so obviously it snowed it fairly regularly during the night! about 10 cm (4 inches) on the ground here now, making it the deepest snowfall I've seen since 2010.

Hopefully will have a decent top up over the next 24 hours as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Intensity of snow picking up in Dublin 16. Wind also whipping up and blowing snow....cool! -2.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can it even get worse than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Yeah something's not right. It's showing massive precipitation over Wexford, while the met.ie radar shows nothing there.
    Ya noticed that alright. So are we saying netweather.tv is not accurate for what it's showing in Wexford now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

thomasj wrote: »
    DART line suspended south of pearse due to flooding at salthill Irish rail reporting

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The Eagle has disappointed me with his dismissal earlier in the week of all this. By the way where is Gerry Murphy? Is he doing the radio forecasts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

What a day in store! Witnessing history.

Ya noticed that alright. So are we saying netweather.tv is not accurate for what it's showing in Wexford now??

It can be very inaccurate. I would suggest the uk met office radar or rain today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Started snowing again in Cork city. Not heavy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

I walked the coast road earlier and it seems to be constant snow to the side of howth in the direction of raheny, bayside, coolock, artane, Donaghmede etc. it is like a conveyor belt of snow showers constantly going over towards raheny and st Anne’s Park direction

I would agree. It hasn’t stopped snowing here in Raheny since I’ve been up at 7, albeit quite lightly at times.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

By the way where is Gerry Murphy?

Hasn't been seen all week! Probably in the Azores with a big fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

What a day in store! Witnessing history.

Definitely. I may have to do a historical post on it someday in the Irish Weather Statistics thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That wind would cut you, painfully cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The Eagle has disappointed me with his dismissal earlier in the week of all this. By the way where is Gerry Murphy? Is he doing the radio forecasts?

Snowed in at the gym.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Light snowfall from about 9am in Portmarnock. It's variable, but nothing too interesting at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Flaking down again in Moycullen, Galway with a couple of cams on the ground from overnight showers
    Currently -3.4C but feels like -9.0C

443692.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭molly dolly

My snowbaby (born prematurely Dec 2010) turned the page on the calendar this morning. . . . . to a snow scene. Its almost like Carlow Weather knew. ;-)

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Definitely. I may have to do a historical post on it someday in the Irish Weather Statistics thread. ;)

:)

We will look back in the snow starved years to come and say froze were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Any body else tired of trying to explain to neighbours that storm hasn't arrived yet, and that the intense snow fall is the streamers been inhanced by the upcoming storm, they called me a snow nurde 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Maybe someone from Wexford could tell us if it's currently snowing there so we can decide which radar to trust. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Persistent snow in D18 for the past 3 hours accompanied by strong breeze.

Netweather has shown no activity anywhere near us this morning. Is there known issues with their radars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭adam240610

Brother's one in Drogheda, hope the fish are okay. Roughly 15cm of snow and still heavy there currently

Advertisement