Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dashoonage wrote: »
    Have dates and venues been confirmed fro 224 or 225 yet? is 224 brazil ?

I see 229 and 232 are the vegas in Oct and Dec.
    I'm sure I read somewhere last week that 225 is in Brazil & they were trying to get Nunes v Cyborg for that. Though Cyborg posted today to say she has signed a bout agreement to fight her at 226 in July fight week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mellor wrote: »
    221 and 222 don't look like the best cards tbh. Injury plays a role. But excited for Max v Frankie.
    223 will be good. Khabib v Tony. Ride v JJ
    Freudian slip? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

London tickets on presale tomorrow week...would like some bigger name announcements before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ben Askern on rogans podcast yesterday well worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Listened to it today, first time I've bothered listening to JRE in ages because it's been filled with mindless idiots and quacks a lot the last year or so. Askern speaks well but the fact that he generalises "leftists" and buys into ridiculous conspiracy theories shows he's as much of a wingnut as the rest of the hard right in the US, he also denies Climate Change and believes the world is less than 10,000 years old, despite having a degree in geography. There's a lot of cognitive dissonance there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Listened to it today, first time I've bothered listening to JRE in ages because it's been filled with mindless idiots and quacks a lot the last year or so. Askern speaks well but the fact that he generalises "leftists" and buys into ridiculous conspiracy theories shows he's as much of a wingnut as the rest of the hard right in the US, he also denies Climate Change and believes the world is less than 10,000 years old, despite having a degree in geography. There's a lot of cognitive dissonance there.

You find the negative in everything 😀 I thought he was a great guest anyway. I mostly listened to him talking about Wrestling, MMA, The hydration tests at ONE, the reason he left Belator, went to ONE. I either didn't hear, or didn't pay attention to the political bollox and conspiracys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I gave up listening to his podcast. They are too long and even with a good guest they talk about too much rubbish. Then if Callen is on it with a good guest, he drags it off topic every time!

Though I will listen to the good snippets on youtube so I must go check them out now!!

IThen if Callen is on it with a good guest, he drags it off topic every time!

I've never come across a grown man who's so obsessed with and reliant upon talking about cocks and homosexuality in general as an attempt to be funny in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cliggg wrote: »
    Freudian slip? :D

I just spotted in on a re-read and thought that myself. But alas, just an auto-correct.
    Have dates and venues been confirmed fro 224 or 225 yet? is 224 brazil ?

I see 229 and 232 are the vegas in Oct and Dec.

224 in Vegas, and 225 in Canada I believe

If Woodley is going to fight on one of them, could well be GSP in Canada
    I gave up listening to his podcast. They are too long and even with a good guest they talk about too much rubbish. Then if Callen is on it with a good guest, he drags it off topic every time!

Though I will listen to the good snippets on youtube so I must go check them out now!!

He's doing a separate MMA specific JRE now. Been good so far. More interesting guests, less Callen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not a huge fan of his MMA show, he can’t stay on topic. Might have changed recently. Even when he does stay on topic, I don’t find his views particularly insightful. He does seem to get good guests though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You find the negative in everything 😀 I thought he was a great guest anyway. I mostly listened to him talking about Wrestling, MMA, The hydration tests at ONE, the reason he left Belator, went to ONE. I either didn't hear, or didn't pay attention to the political bollox and conspiracys

The political ****e and conspiracy theories took up a full third of the podcast. If you didn't pay attention you tuned out for a fair whack of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping said on his latest Podcast (released yesterday) that he had until the end of the day to deliver a yay or nay to the UFC matchmakers on a proposed oppponent for his last fight.

Don't see why he won't take the Vitor fight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lukker- wrote: »
    Don't see why he won't take the Vitor fight

Because Vitor was juiced to his ears when he fúcked up Bispings eye.

The Nal wrote: »
    Because Vitor was juiced to his ears when he fúcked up Bispings eye.

I'm aware of that, but surely he must have the desire to get one back in a clean fight

I'm aware of that, but surely he must have the desire to get one back in a clean fight

What guarantees are there that Vitor will be clean?

The Nal wrote: »
    What guarantees are there that Vitor will be clean?

Have ya seen em?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Have ya seen em?

Its his last fight also so I wouldnt put it past him hopping back on the bike.

Have ya seen em?

If its in London he has 2 months of gear to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Vitor would take every chance he can to get in shape to win that fight.

Plus why should Bisping give him the opportunity at a decent pay day after what he did to him?

• Advertisement

Huge fight announcement for London!

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/956195462553460741

This tweet does not exist.

much like the quality of the card then!

here is an instbook link instead

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeVpEcInlLS/?taken-by=ufceurope

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

:rolleyes: great start to the card. . . .

DUUXyCZVwAAlAma.jpg:large

Who da fook are those guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Think I'll keep my cash in my pocket next week when tickets go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Bisping seems to be worried about his eye, had until yesterday to accept a fight I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

callaway92 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: great start to the card. . . .

DUUXyCZVwAAlAma.jpg:large

Is there anywhere I can get pre sale? Or even pre pre sale??

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can get pre sale? Or even pre pre sale??

id say you will be all right with general sale :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Enkamp is only allowed to go out to play after he finishes his homework.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement