Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

In Bellator's defence Scott Coker said in an interview this week that it was the network showing the event that wanted Rampage - Sonnen to be the main event. He wanted the title fight to be last but it's out of his hands, he can hardly tell them no when he is trying to negotiate a new deal with them and it's not like they bring in big money for the station either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Why does stipe miocic sound so much like badger from breaking bad though?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Matt Brown vs Carlos Condit in the works for April. I hope Condit is back to his best because Brown fights to kill. Nunes vs Cyborg & Woodley vs RDA both in the works for May ppv in Brazil. I think dos Anjos's style will stop that fight from being a stalemate like Woodley's last 2 fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

??

A lot of people think Joe is actually Jesus.

??

Size difference. I didn't realise it was so vast....thought Rogan was a big guy. Granted, I didn't really think about it at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Big fran next to DC was mad looking on embedded. Made him look like a dwarf.

??

Size difference. I didn't realise it was so vast....thought Rogan was a big guy. Granted, I didn't really think about it at all....
    Ah ok. Stipe by no means massive for a heavyweight either, said on that podcast that a 225lb division would be perfect for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Joe is 5'8"...

Joe is 5'8"...

Tele adds a foot so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah Joe isn't tall at all. He's bulky enough in terms of mass though. Prob 90kg.

I'm a big fan of DC - he's a great fighter, great personality but the hand wringing over the punishing weight cut every time he weighs in does my head in. Yes, in an ideal world there'd be a weight class more suited for him, a hypothetical cruiserweight, but for now he has to operate within the same parameters as everyone else. He's fought at HW before and he refuses to lose the excess weight he carries that would make a cut to 205 that bit easier. He cuts to 205 to secure himself the biggest advantage possible through nothing other than his own choice.

I'm a big fan of DC - he's a great fighter, great personality but the hand wringing over the punishing weight cut every time he weighs in does my head in. Yes, in an ideal world there'd be a weight class more suited for him, a hypothetical cruiserweight, but for now he has to operate within the same parameters as everyone else. He's fought at HW before and he refuses to lose the excess weight he carries that would make a cut to 205 that bit easier. He cuts to 205 to secure himself the biggest advantage possible through nothing other than his own choice.

I wonder would full fat DC be able for HW now though. Wasnt he Strikeforce HW champ? or have i that wrong... like...i Cain, JDS, Reem not to mention the two lads throwing down tomorrow night...HW is a different beast now.

I'd like to see DC hang up the gloves soon to be honest. He has nothing left to prove. Outside of jones he has cleaned out the division in my opinion. Retire as a great champ*

* terms and conditions around the bones jones saga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dashoonage wrote: »
    I wonder would full fat DC be able for HW now though. Wasnt he Strikeforce HW champ? or have i that wrong... like...i Cain, JDS, Reem not to mention the two lads throwing down tomorrow night...HW is a different beast now.

I'd like to see DC hang up the gloves soon to be honest. He has nothing left to prove. Outside of jones he has cleaned out the division in my opinion. Retire as a great champ*

He was strike force grand Prix champion, not world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

D.Q wrote: »
    Why does stipe miocic sound so much like badger from breaking bad though?
    Reminds me of Stone cold Steve Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

didn't DC go down to LHW so that he would never have to fight Cain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

dashoonage wrote: »

Of course he would be able for HW. The best heavyweights are 240ish and DC was ragdolling them. HWs ain't very skilled and have terrible cardio. He would be champ imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Lads,

Is there gonna a legal method to watch the bellator card this weekend?? Wouldn't mind watching Rory and lima

Hopefully that card is timed differently so one can watch that fight and then 2 mains from Boston .

Edit. Done a more extensive search and no we can't watch it anywhere legit;) live

• Advertisement

Rose and JJ confirmed for 223! WARJJ

Thug Rose aw day erry day!

Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif

JJ by violence. Yis must be mad lads...this isnt ronda rousey....JJ is gonna be on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Fair play Ariel pushing hard to clear it up there re Conor being stripped

Lead Dev on the new UFC 3 game said they updated their cover :pac:

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/954484677389119488

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That was utterly pathetic from Dana to be fair.

Spineless.

I disagree that it was spineless - genuinely think he has a trick up his sleeve, otherwise would have just announced that McGregor had been stripped.

Don't get me wrong, the trick will be a load of bollocks, but think there's a more to it than him not having the balls to say it out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Pathetic alright, but it's business. I'd say there's something afoot with Conor, and Dana/ UFC will appease Conor for now because it makes fiscal sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Probably worth noting that Conor could have been stripped tonight, and a large % of his PPV buyers for his next fight would still think he's champ, perhaps even multiple champ.

• Advertisement

Multiple champ? You think anyone, let alone a large proportion, think he's the Featherweight champion?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement