Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Stop the world and let me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Think I picked up an MRSA infection from my research project :(

Ah balls, I'm sorry to hear that. Is that what has been causing your chest problems? I've had MRSA in my lungs for the last ten years, had every eradication programme going but can't get rid of it, my lungs are damaged though so I am sure you can get rid of it really easily! Linezolid is good as an oral antibiotic and vancomycin can be tried too, as well as doxycycline and my personal favourite is teicoplanin which I have intravenously every few months, dampens that stuff right down! I guess they will test what it's sensitive to anyway. I hope it clears up for you quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

TA'd at people who leave the toilet seat invisibly damp.

or really warm. its horrible feeling . just thinking about how long someone was there before you

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Ah balls, I'm sorry to hear that. Is that what has been causing your chest problems? I've had MRSA in my lungs for the last ten years, had every eradication programme going but can't get rid of it, my lungs are damaged though so I am sure you can get rid of it really easily! Linezolid is good as an oral antibiotic and vancomycin can be tried too, as well as doxycycline and my personal favourite is teicoplanin which I have intravenously every few months, dampens that stuff right down! I guess they will test what it's sensitive to anyway. I hope it clears up for you quickly!

Have you tried teixobactin yet? Meant to be good. Yeah my lungs are scarred like, they collect infections, so it's probably my own fault for researching MRSA :rolleyes: I'd say in the next few years we will be using bacteriocins instead of antibiotics anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm TA that I found out today that Maxizoo had changed the rules : I was getting 10% off with my Axa card, now they have decided that food is excluded (as well as promotions that were already excluded), and not only that, all the fit & something range is excluded, and that's the brand of cat litter I get.
    So practically all that I purchased there is excluded now.

The 10% made me feel special, like I was "in the know" and a valued customer, and I used to make a point of stocking up there instead of Tesco, now I'm not so sure I'll make the effort. So there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Have you tried teixobactin yet? Meant to be good. Yeah my lungs are scarred like, they collect infections, so it's probably my own fault for researching MRSA :rolleyes: I'd say in the next few years we will be using bacteriocins instead of antibiotics anyway!

I will look into teixobactin, never heard of it so thank you! Well I appreciate your efforts to research it but I'm sorry that it's made you ill and I really hope you can get rid of it.

I am itchy all over and can't relax!

I just wanted to get some comfy underwear when I went shopping, nothing sexy or fancy, for when I'm ill. Well when I took them out of the packet they are absolutely massive granny knickers, like the size of bloomers, pretty sure I could wear them as a bathing suit. The missus howled with laughter when I held them up to show her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My in-ability to parallel-park.

Helpless state brought about by having the strangest feeling that my Car is gonna get broken-into tonight! :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

On the bus home after a violin lesson and ordered Chinese. Chose the option on the app to have it delivered in an hour so I could be certain I'd be home. Got a call 20 minutes later from the delivery driver outside my apartment. Had to tell him he couldn't leave it outside my door for me.

To be fair though he came back later. Half an hour after the delivery time I'd chosen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm never afraid to get wet! :p

I knew you'd say something like that :pac:

Lying awake feeling very anxious, wish my brain would calm down and give me a break :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭georgina toadbum

Waking up 2 hours before your alarm and not being able to get back asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Being on early train, but at least I finish early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Irish rail staff using racist remarks towards me over my ticket !!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Housemates waking me up at 4am because they are drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA1: spent two days on site delivering training and they had not done the prerequisite training. Not helped that most of them were as thick as mince. Frustrating is not the word.

TA2: come back to a ****storm that developed while i was away that has been blown out of proportion because i wasnt here to stop it in its tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sounds like you work with some of my colleagues in a former team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA1: spent two days on site delivering training and they had done the prerequisite training. Not helped that most of them were as thick as mince. Frustrating is not the word.

TA2: come back to a ****storm that developed while i was away that has been blown out of proportion because i wasnt here to stop it in its tracks.

Just say it.
    TA'd that everyone except me is an incompetent moron and I'm brilliant

Just say it.
    TA'd that everyone except me is an incompetent moron and I'm brilliant

TA1: that some people think they know me based only on a single message board post. I said most, which implies that there were some who weren't. I also said they hadn't received the prerequisite training which made understanding what i was delivering even more difficult. And it is very technically involved to being with.

TA2: that some people read only what they want to read in their rush to judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I slipped on the snow this morning. I didn't fall but I ended up looking like a big eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

TA'd that, in this country, when you ask for a glass of water you almost always get a glass of iced water.
    If I wanted ice in my water, I'd feckin ask for ice in my water!

Even when I specifically say water without ice, I will still, on occasion get ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

People who stand at the door of a bus or train when there are seats available. This makes sure that both the people getting on and off cannot move properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Still housebound with that virus doing the rounds, it's been so long I need to get things done now.
    Against my better judgment, I ask the other person who lives here if he could top up my phone and get some money from the cash machine for me (both of which he does for himself)
    conversation was like this(unless I'm delirious again)
    so I'll write down my pin and the amount I need out of the machine ok,
    Him Am I allowed take money out of your account in the machine?, that's a xxx bank card, where is the machine for that(plenty of generic machines he could do this from all around the place)
    Me internally rolling eyes continues, now take this phone to the top up place and top up by x€, take that from the money you get from the bank.
    Awww, you'll have to write that no down for me, BIG as I cant read your writing.
    Me, they will tell you when to touch it off the device and that tells them everything they need to know.
    I'm used to him being useless, but why pretend to be stupid at well?
    TA Winter virus, useless stooopid ppl too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA1: spent two days on site delivering training and they had done the prerequisite training. Not helped that most of them were as thick as mince. Frustrating is not the word.

TA1: that some people think they know me based only on a single message board post. I said most, which implies that there were some who weren't. I also said they hadn't received the prerequisite training which made understanding what i was delivering even more difficult. And it is very technically involved to being with.

TA2: that some people read only what they want to read in their rush to judgement.

No you didn't. :D

TA: boss won't leave so I can have a relaxing afternoon to wind down.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    No you didn't. :D

TA: boss won't leave so I can have a relaxing afternoon to wind down.

TA'd that i made a stupid typo that completely changed what i wanted to say.

I wore my Dress backways to work today. :o:rolleyes::pac: It was a kind of Dress that it wasn't noticeable or anything but still annoying that I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    This saga is ongoing. I've just been told there'll be an offer on the table Monday or Tuesday but "it may not be where you wanted it".

So yet another weekend of not knowing where I stand. I'm beyond p*ssed off at this stage.

TA'd that it was Wednesday before the offer came and they wouldn't budge on the salary.

I'm off to the TH thread for the "but" part!

I wore my Dress backways to work today. :o:rolleyes::pac: It was a kind of Dress that it wasn't noticeable or anything but still annoying that I did.

any relation?

177810c8a622b41f6e0b1cedf60e9550--kris-kross-theme-days.jpg

lol no.

Child crying here Nextdoor for the last 20 minutes or so. She crys every day at half 5 for around 2 hours solid or feels like it anyway. She crys a lot. They only after moving in. Previous lady that was there had adult-kids and one Grandson who did stay over an odd time but he rarely kicked up a fuss. This is actually making me want to try find new place to live. :( I just can't get used to it at all. The Mother often cries in frustration/desperation too, I can sometimes hear her sobbing and screeching why won't you just go to sleep at the lil girl. And like I would love to be able to put on music to drawn out the sound, but then obviously loud music through shared walls with a young child trying to go to bed isn't the answer or solution either really! :mad::(

I'm in my grandfathers house and there's something cooking that I'm not allowed even look at until dinnertime. The saliva glands are losing the run of themselves, because I have never smelled such a delicious smell before in my lifetime. I can't even lift the lid to peek without a slap on the wrist because it messes up the temperature.

It's pure torture. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wore my Dress backways to work today. :o:rolleyes::pac:

Did you also get your knickers in a twist? :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Candie wrote: »
    I'm in my grandfathers house and there's something cooking that I'm not allowed even look at until dinnertime. The saliva glands are losing the run of themselves, because I have never smelled such a delicious smell before in my lifetime. I can't even lift the lid to peek without a slap on the wrist because it messes up the temperature.

It's pure torture. :(

Fark! Is it even nicer than lamb bhuna? Palak gosht?? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement