Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't read it in work, what have they done now? I wouldn't run it solo as it will take around 30 minutes to get the crate open and you could end up with no reward. If you run with a group (willing to share) you have a billion % greater chance of getting something, in my experience. Otherwise DZ or WSP solo where at least you are guaranteed a reasonable div tech return.
    Of course if you want to run it solo to see how far you can get, you're just a masochist and there's no talking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't read it in work, what have they done now? I wouldn't run it solo as it will take around 30 minutes to get the crate open and you could end up with no reward. If you run with a group (willing to share) you have a billion % greater chance of getting something, in my experience. Otherwise DZ or WSP solo where at least you are guaranteed a reasonable div tech return.
    Of course if you want to run it solo to see how far you can get, you're just a masochist and there's no talking to you.

Some people have found Wave 8 to be uber-fcuk-you now compared to before. Never run it so no idea. Others say it's the same. Ubisoft say they haven't made any changes.

Sometimes round 8 is easy sometimes it's not. The one time I ran it solo this is where I died. My last thought was "where are all these f***ing shot-gunners coming from?" It's actually stupidly easy up to this point but you can get caught out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads - quick question , apologies if its been mentioned before - does the loot in this drop in its own stream like destiny - for example, if I see a drop, is it the first man to pick it up gets it or does each player have their own drops invisible to others in the group.

The reason I ask is because I tend to just grab everything I see in the underground and sell or dismantle it after, Id hate to think I'm grabbing stuff that someone else is looking for. I know you can share stuff by dropping it after, but can other people just pick it up off the ground If I ignore it when it drops initially?

Lads - quick question , apologies if its been mentioned before - does the loot in this drop in its own stream like destiny - for example, if I see a drop, is it the first man to pick it up gets it or does each player have their own drops invisible to others in the group.

The reason I ask is because I tend to just grab everything I see in the underground and sell or dismantle it after, Id hate to think I'm grabbing stuff that someone else is looking for. I know you can share stuff by dropping it after, but can other people just pick it up off the ground If I ignore it when it drops initially?

Grab away. They are separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, it's all yours, but the stuff acquired during Group play CAN be shared with the others in your party for up to an hour? after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Laptop rounds are a pain, a thousand shotgunners chose you down, while that one prick just stays and kills your upgraded med station....

Still not as bad as contamination though... Ugh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Exception is the Dark Zone. Player dropped loot is a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've run 2 resistance efforts, both solo, first one I was farming whatever that currency is from the first boss wave and didn't watch the timer - quick fail. 2nd was to around wave 15 I think. Maybe it's different in a group but I walked away from it with an extreme sense of 'meh' . Seemed like a lot of effort for little return or fun.
    I much prefer just roaming the WSP itself, plenty of action, loot and (well some) div-tech for my time. The only thing I don't like in the WSP is the Shade Station missions, most of them are horrendously positioned and activate from too far away, so you can end up with it starting while you are 50-60 meters away having to run through a constantly respawning mob while trying to keep them off the station ahead. There's often no time to control your killzones to funnel the enemy efficiently, there are a few that at least have some defensible positions but most are extreme for Solo players. I've had the most success on those with my Nomad/Warlord build as you need to be able to just stand and take/give fire constantly, but at least half the time the device still gets hacked on me :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My book arrived today New York Collapse: Survival Guide. Just read a few pages and its class. All the notes People are leaving on it questioning everything is really cool. Looking forward to digging into it further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So DZ sealed caches are dropping from WSP named bosses. Possibly not intended and related to the weekend event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bit annoying that everything bar the season pass is on sale on PS4:(

Was hoping when they added the extra games it might be. Not paying €40 for it

Two big milestones for me today:

I became a billionaire:

YDuEzm2h.png

And I passed a thousand hours:

72QyRHKh.png

Doesn't seem so long ago that I was watching the reveal trailer for this game! :pac:

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I've run 2 resistance efforts, both solo, first one I was farming whatever that currency is from the first boss wave and didn't watch the timer - quick fail. 2nd was to around wave 15 I think. Maybe it's different in a group but I walked away from it with an extreme sense of 'meh' . Seemed like a lot of effort for little return or fun.
    I much prefer just roaming the WSP itself, plenty of action, loot and (well some) div-tech for my time. The only thing I don't like in the WSP is the Shade Station missions, most of them are horrendously positioned and activate from too far away, so you can end up with it starting while you are 50-60 meters away having to run through a constantly respawning mob while trying to keep them off the station ahead. There's often no time to control your killzones to funnel the enemy efficiently, there are a few that at least have some defensible positions but most are extreme for Solo players. I've had the most success on those with my Nomad/Warlord build as you need to be able to just stand and take/give fire constantly, but at least half the time the device still gets hacked on me :( .

Solo resistance is rough, where it's good is in a group farming run of four. Get to round 10 open the chest and generally you'll get 5-6 classifieds/exotics to share. Doesn't take long. It's also fun to see the group run it more efficiently over time.
    Generally only run nomad/defence in WSP. For that mission I'll always have a fire turret and immuniser and it's usually ok but yeah it can go south.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finally getting the Predator's to work. It's my first real DPS build as my other ones Nomad, Reclaimer and D3FNC don't do a lot of burst damage. Very noticeable how quick enemies get deaded. Can't work out how the bleed works. Highest I've noticed is a critical 330K+ on an LZ boss with an MP7 but in the early levels of resistance the Showstopper was bleeding for less than 10K.
    Very happy with the four main builds, still have to optimize three of them fully and could have probably rolled some things different but it's all coming together nicely. Optimising is cruel, put 200 div tech into the predator's mp7 and all that happened was damage increased from 14K to 14.5 and crit chance went up a couple of % to 23%.

Threw on 4 pieces of D3FNC with a vector smg last night, my first time ever playing with a ballistic shield, what an incredible laugh it is, had it paired with pulse, did the daily story mission and a few encounters and it was like I was a walking tank, taking next to no damage and just hosing down enemies with ease. I'll see how it plays in the underground later, but really enjoyed what I saw of it last night.

Works really well in the underground particularly for Hunter encounters. Was using it on Times Square legendary the other day. Haring all over the map taking out hostiles while the rest of the team was hunkered down sniping. Got myself stupidly killed (It was a glitch honest) 30 seconds later team wiped. It's hard being angry when you're the one to blame. It's was my go to set for end of game stuff but the other 6 piece sets are now well capable too.
    I always run the pp19 and one is none/precision talents with it as it's hard to beat for sustained damage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »

That's a pretty accurate review i'd say. While frustrating at times, it's still a really good game, with some of the best cover and shooting mechanics in any game. Still a bit bullet spongey for me, but i don't really know what the alternative is for this kind of game.

It's a shame that it wasn't as good as it is now at launch, as i'd say it would have been a massive success.

Kiith wrote: »
    That's a pretty accurate review i'd say. While frustrating at times, it's still a really good game, with some of the best cover and shooting mechanics in any game. Still a bit bullet spongey for me, but i don't really know what the alternative is for this kind of game.

It's a shame that it wasn't as good as it is now at launch, as i'd say it would have been a massive success.

purely anecdotally, but it seems plenty popular on xbox, its not unusual to get a 'position in server queue' notification at login, usually a sign that things are busy, and literally any safehouse in the city you fast travel to will always have a few people inside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

One of the better youtubers out there Fevir also agrees.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GE4 Ambush is Jan 23rd.

How does this run on PC?

Mates wont pick it up on PS4 so if im gonna be playing solo i might as well play on PC. There all playing battlefront 2 the w*****s

EoinHef wrote: »
    How does this run on PC?

Mates wont pick it up on PS4 so if im gonna be playing solo i might as well play on PC. There all playing battlefront 2 the w*****s

Nvm,few friends are picking it up so gonna stick with PS4

Spear wrote: »
    GE4 Ambush is Jan 23rd.

Still hooked enough to take time off for this.

Playing underground this week with the predator, really noticeable now how much damage it does over my non-dps characters. Hadn't run underground before with this one and had to rank up. Can't do dailies until level 25, it's all over the shop sometimes it's level 10?
    Played with some real low level randoms. Here's my chance to shine I thought, nope keep dying. 4 hunters run at me kill me and corner the other guys. Battle ensues, time goes by. No revive, eventually another guy dies and someone hits recovery link. I join the battle and kill all 4 hunters in about six seconds. Bask in adulation. Anyway it was fun.

*****PSA******

Apparently the LWM4 blueprint is on sale again this week. Must buy for any new/returning players that would have missed it last time around. Grab it before it's gone in a few hours.

Will that always be for a 256 GS or does that depend on world level? Is it mad money?

Usually around 900 phoenix credits. Will always be 256. Roll it to your heart's content. I probably already have it but will be checking first thing when I log on later.

**** it's 1082 phoenix credits and I have 462. Anyway way to change my regular money to phoenix or do I gotta grind it out? Restock in 14 hours

• Advertisement

Is this a 'must have' weapon? Its the first time I've seen a post relating to buying anything a vendor had?

Advertisement