Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The stat padding for the manhunt lvl 5 business is mental.....and again throwing off the whole rogue experience. With the extra space to run now its far too easy to run off the manhunt and rinse and repeat.

Waste of time running after rogue now especially on a near empty server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since the next Global Event is next week, I'll remind everyone now to not do any HVTs after this weeks reset, so that you can do them for GE credits next Tuesday onwards instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought the HVTs were supposed to be quite difficult but I'm pretty sure two of us did the hardest weekly one last week and breezed through it. Are they the missions you get from the daily/weekly guys in the BoO and Camp Clinton? The rewards didn't seem great other than getting a lot of high end and GSs. If they give handy GE credits I won't do them until after the 23rd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I thought the HVTs were supposed to be quite difficult but I'm pretty sure two of us did the hardest weekly one last week and breezed through it. Are they the missions you get from the daily/weekly guys in the BoO and Camp Clinton? The rewards didn't seem great other than getting a lot of high end and GSs. If they give handy GE credits I won't do them until after the 23rd.

They only take a few minutes and pay out a large amount of GE credits, with the top two weekly ones being worth 750 credits. Comparable to a Lexington challenging run at least.

Wish I had known this prior to the last GE. Running Lex ad nauseam was even getting to me near the end. Ran Lincoln a few times just to break it up.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wish I had known this prior to the last GE. Running Lex ad nauseam was even getting to me near the end. Ran Lincoln a few times just to break it up.

Oh, I'm sure you'll still end up with new found hatred of Lexington by the end of this GE anyway. I know I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I played this on release and found that after the novelty of entering the dark zone, my interest faded fast. I've heard that the game's popular again and just wondering if they've added much PVP stuff to it, as I found fighting the AI fierce boring. Thanks.

Lads I played this on release and found that after the novelty of entering the dark zone, my interest faded fast. I've heard that the game's popular again and just wondering if they've added much PVP stuff to it, as I found fighting the AI fierce boring. Thanks.

The Dark Zone is much improved, much less easy for some randomer to gank you out of nowhere.

There's other PvP modes, Last Stand (DLC), Survival (DLC and PvE and PvP) and Skirmish (PvP, free to all).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Spear wrote:
    There's other PvP modes, Last Stand (DLC), Survival (DLC and PvE and PvP) and Skirmish (PvP, free to all).

I almost feel like survival is like a different game Inside a game I love it.

More or less (less to be fair) pubg inside the division

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Listen the only thing you need to be doing during a global event is Clear Sky over and over and over. You can get it down to around 5mins when everybody gels and it pays out BIG time. Anything else is a waste of time IMO.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Listen the only thing you need to be doing during a global event is Clear Sky over and over and over. You can get it down to around 5mins when everybody gels and it pays out BIG time. Anything else is a waste of time IMO.

Last GE was playing with randoms and there's no way I was going the Clear Sky route with randoms. I reckon we could run this now. I've only cleared it once, I think. Need to run it a few times to get the run down to a decent time.

It depends imo. If you get into it, interested in building a specific character and upgrading the build then the grind becomes largely irrelevant. I've played this solidly for more than a month now and not nearing burnout, which I've experienced with it a few times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Earlier in this thread I derided the cover system of the game and while I still dislike it it's not as bad as I made it out to be. My main point of frustration comes from that you sometimes find yourself fighting against the cover system. You want to run but your guy instead goes to cover...

With that said, I too found the above YouTube videos and decided to give it a try again.

And wow... I've been having a lot of fun in the game with the various content types that are available. If I get bored of one thing I swap to something else. There is a lot to do and with the loot table seemingly available across everything, you are constantly getting loot drops which I like because it feels rewarding (too me at least).

PvP wise is still a bit crappy imo. It's more about gear score than actual skill and as previously pointed out, the DZ encourages and rewards dickish behaviour. But because the loot table is spread out I don't care if I get killed and have my stuff stolen (which happens surprisingly rarely). The next kill I get could drop something better.

The most annoying thing in PvP is the players running around with a Gear Score of 290. Just this morning 1 single player beat the crap out of 5 of us. We actively fought back but it was futile, his gear score was just too much to handle.

The dude then ran away and that was it. We chased him but were unable to catch him.

An interesting thing is that my gear was terrible and I struggled a lot. So I did the unthinkable and crafted myself level 30 gear, went down to Tier 1 and played the DZ exclusively. 3 days later I'm at gear score 282.

Overall I'm glad those YouTube videos appeared on my stream.

My main point of frustration comes from that you sometimes find yourself fighting against the cover system. You want to run but your guy instead goes to cover...

This drives me crazy like literally crazy. I'll scream at the character "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT??" like its his fault.

It's not so much gear score as how they build their characters is what's killing you in the DZ. I have a 290 Nomad that gets minced in the DZ (it's the nomad's fault). A lot of players in the DZ spec for PvP encounters and have no interest in doing anything else. All my characters are built for end game PvE and this will put you at a significant disadvantage from the get go. The fact I'm sh** is a separate consideration.

Rogue chasing seems to be a sport we have happily abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The dude then ran away and that was it. We chased him but were unable to catch him.

gimli2112 wrote:
    Rogue chasing seems to be a sport we have happily abandoned

This is my only complaint with darkzone, you literally can't catch them when they run and it ruins the fun.

Its too rewarding to be rogue right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I noticed a lot of youtubers rereviewing it lately. Its great to see game improved and fixed, instead of abandoning it.
    Really interested to try it now as I skiped it.

Thing is, its still old game an expensive in ms store. I know its only 11 quid in argos, but I am so done with physical copies on consoles.

Yeah it's expensive on the PS store too or at least it was when I checked it last month, I think it has come down. To be honest for the content you get it is extremely good value. Then again you may buy it and hate it in which case it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I noticed a lot of youtubers rereviewing it lately. Its great to see game improved and fixed, instead of abandoning it.
    Really interested to try it now as I skiped it.

Thing is, its still old game an expensive in ms store. I know its only 11 quid in argos, but I am so done with physical copies on consoles.

My recommendation would be to buy the base game only and see how you get on from there. You do not need the expansions to enjoy the game or to get all the loot. I played for a long time without the expansion and still had a lot of fun.

I do regret buying the season pass though.

Land Stand = PvP shyte
    Survivor = Boring as f... ; I came here to pew pew pew not sneak around for an hour.
    Underground = A lot of fun.

I stand to be corrected on the Last Stand. Perhaps I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads you really have to look at the game in two parts. PvE and PvP, if you have a char. that is setup for PvE you are going to get DESTROYED in the DZ 99% of the time.

Most of the people playing PvP dont even play PvE so therefore they have min/maxed setups purely for the DZ. Even a setup optimised for PvE will get hammered in the DZ by mediocre PvP players who have the correct setup. So while you have invested heavily into damage to elites and ammo capacity, PvP players are spec'd into nothing but killing you as quickly as possible (crit hit, crit damage, rate of fire, reload speed and resistance to all elements) Not too mention having the best guns.

So dont be expecting miracles going into the DZ with an Uber good PvE build coz it aint worth jack ****.

Like most games it can be good craic but you need to be playing with people who can have a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Got a PS4 at Xmas, bought a cheap copy of The Division from Ebay and started playing, quite enjoyed myself, but then my son decided to download Fortnite, got a chest infection, was off school for a week and promptly got addicted to cartoon-graphics, battle-royale gameplay with all his mates, basically hogging the TV for 8 hours a day. No more The Division for me for the past week :(.

So yesterday I decided to avail of the Humble Bundle store offer for the PC version (might as well use my 1070 for something, sick of BF1) and now I find myself starting The Division all over again :). Hopefully my investment will pay off and the game will be supported by the developers for the foreseeable future. PvE will do me for a while, baby steps and all that.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    . Hopefully my investment will pay off and the game will be supported by the developers for the foreseeable future. PvE will do me for a while, baby steps and all that.

There is a year 3 of content and support coming, but we've no clues on what that is yet.

My suspicions are for an Upper East Side expansion of the LZ, and the central park expansion of the DZ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads you really have to look at the game in two parts. PvE and PvP, if you have a char. that is setup for PvE you are going to get DESTROYED in the DZ 99% of the time.

Most of the people playing PvP dont even play PvE so therefore they have min/maxed setups purely for the DZ. Even a setup optimised for PvE will get hammered in the DZ by mediocre PvP players who have the correct setup. So while you have invested heavily into damage to elites and ammo capacity, PvP players are spec'd into nothing but killing you as quickly as possible (crit hit, crit damage, rate of fire, reload speed and resistance to all elements) Not too mention having the best guns.

So dont be expecting miracles going into the DZ with an Uber good PvE build coz it aint worth jack ****.

Like most games it can be good craic but you need to be playing with people who can have a laugh.

Very true, i had a classified strikers pvp build up until a few days ago that wrecked anyone that came near me it was easy mode and also boring mode.

Ive since rerolled this set to a pve only build which is what i enjoy the most as i find pvp boring and pretty crap in this particular game.
    Also have classified predators mark build for pve which is a also very enjoyable.
    Im working on a classified Lonestar and 5 piece classified Nomads with inventive backpack solo pve build which is going to be great fun but i still need nomad classified gloves and a few perfect mods to complete it [the same build was linked a few pages back].

If i do manage to get these builds ill probably make some more on my second max lvl character.

I was a big critic of it up until 1.8 , came back for all patched but never stuck around.
    This time they nailed it with 1.8.
    The game is so good now, so much content with so much to do.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    you literally can't catch them when they run

A lot of the time yes. But if you have an idea of where they're going you can just fast travel to the next checkpoint over and head them off. :)

message for Wonda , I'm too lazy to log back in.
    According to the interweb increased threat means more aggro and the npcs will focus on the player with the highest aggro. Don't take off that loud vent brake, that's why all the shotgunners are running at you :)

Also the shield damage mods increase your all weapon damage by 4% when the shield is equipped. That would give you +16% on your house. They're being sold for around 190 phoenix credits in Camp Clinton but will reset tomorrow I think

playing napalm legendary, with randoms, one lad has a mike which is odd, he's level 257, which is odder. Sure enough he dies and the vote comes in to kick him. He's French which adds incentive but no I've been 257 before, so I refuse. I hear his kids running riot in the background, it's Saturday morning I'm not going to do it.
    We ramble on. The other two turn out to be as bad , but anyway. Get to the end and level 257 is so happy, he won't stop shouting, wish I'd kicked him now.
    Moral of the story it's hard being superman.

Too drunk for work but not enough to ditch it, a perfect storm. In Division related news I've realised I need to run a pulse on my 10,000 electronics reclaimer build. +35% Crit hit chance +45% Crit hit damage. It gives a nice boost to my woeful dps but really shines when you have a predator or striker with you.

Speaking of Striker thanks to the generosity of others I finally got my 6 set striker. I'm in a dilemma how to run it. 9000 or 6000 stamina with the rest into firearms, any suggestions?

9K for PvE, 6K for PvP as I understand it.

6K it is so, I need to build a pvp character, although I may have enough spare pieces which will let me build both

• Advertisement

Queens Tunnel
    Times Square Power Relay
    Broadway Emporium
    Police Academy
    Dragon's Nest

No Lex or Clear Sky for Ambush, darn it. Broadway's probably the quickest from this lot, imo.
    Looking at the modifiers still think I'll run with the predator rather than the striker. Damage buff while in cover and take additional damage moving around means I'll need to remember to take on the move off.

Advertisement