Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

i-qtwZfzq-2100x20000.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah I've been seeing commendations pop up lately but no clue what they do. Like someone else said earlier, lots of information and stuff going on that I'm unsure about but I'm close to end game so will just focus on that.

Any use using cypher keys or should I wait for end game?

Each commendation gives a key fragment. 10 fragements grants a full key.

Cypher keys just give aesthetic items, no point in waiting. They'll give cammos/clothes/emotes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Christmas caches are class, got a Santa jacket, Santa beard scarf and some reindeer skins for guns and backpack.

436954.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

some reindeer skins

Probably a poor reflection on me, but I initially read that as something more macabre.

So, I got to 29, just 10% of the medical wing left to complete the base and found my next safe house which turns out to be the ubisoft hq :)

Said I'd check out the dark zone before I hit 30, wandering around in there, couldn't open boxes til I was DZ rank 10 so went on a killing spree. Half way through an intense battle, the screen started popping up info about world tier and shyte, figured I had got 30, bit sure what that means for the DZ now as it was 26-29 before going in.

Found some great gear and even a golden gun, headed to extraction site and it was mayhem, getting ganked from all angles. Died, got my gear back, died, died again, gear lost :(

I have to get back in the asap!! But now I'm level 30, is all DZ 30? I saw some weapons now have a score like 96, is that just for DZ gear?

• Advertisement

Once you hit level 30, things are instead measured in gear score. You now also have the option to alter the world tier, from 1 to 5, which scales the enemies and the rewards.

So the 96 was the gear score of the item you saw.

WT5 gear scores will be about 260 up to about 294 when fully optimized:

https://imgur.com/a/zKB8F

Equally your DZ bracket is now gear score based, rather than level.

316k DPS what in the Jaysus! There's me trying to get to 35k. Definitely going back to DZ for some great before going back to the story missions. I know it's been said by others but I love the game world. The different levels of snow always looks good to me, never get bored of the weather or the fact it's always white.

I saw I can now do daily and weekly missions, like a new game is after opening up.

316k DPS what in the Jaysus! There's me trying to get to 35k. Definitely going back to DZ for some great before going back to the story missions. I know it's been said by others but I love the game world. The different levels of snow always looks good to me, never get bored of the weather or the fact it's always white.

I saw I can now do daily and weekly missions, like a new game is after opening up.

That's just my recently acquired Predators Mark, so it's not optimized yet.

But the game world is an exceptional one. It's both extremely well detailed, and consistently done so. There's piles of trash bags and debris in tiny nooks and corners than almost no-one will ever see, but they still took the time to craft and model them to fit. It's an almost text book example of environmental storytelling. This is one example of that in practice:

https://imgur.com/a/u1qVS

Someone used a hose to create an ice hockey rink in an alley. Those textures and models aren't re-used elsewhere. There's no reason to go in there, nothing to pick up or shoot, just a reward for exploring and taking the time to look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Are you on console?

Are you on console?

Yupp think I have you added on PS4 - sheehy83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Higher gear score items or higher dps but lower gear score.

Which is the priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jcd5971 wrote: »

Which is the priority.

Turkey & Ham with all the trimmings :o

ibFoxer wrote:
    Turkey & Ham with all the trimmings

What's that got to do with the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Which is the priority.

I know, broken record, but take both numbers with a grain of salt, when I picked up a Tenebrae early in the year it was double the DPS of the AR I was using, it wasn't twice as effective really about on par since I'd tuned the AR and build around it. I don't think the DPS score factors in Armour and Elite damage as much as it should, to me they make a huge difference in effectiveness but I'm guessing since they aren't applied globally to all targets they are weighted pretty low.
    That said DPS is more accurate than GS imho...unless you're trying to impress someone viewing your character :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Which is the priority.

Wouldn't get too hung up on either. You need to build a character around gear, guns, perks and skills that you enjoy using. I'm currently running

1 - 6 set nomad, MDR/Big AJ/House, Heal skill and fire turret or pulse
    2- 6 set defence, PP19/House/Big AJ, Heal skill and shield
    3. 4 set hybrid dead eye Devil /Heel , Heal Skill and pulse
    4. mess around character currently 6 set predators mark mdr, warlord, house, Big AJ Heal skill and another

I've been optimising 1 & 2 recently although not been on in a while, darn Christmas. Optimising increases gear score but more importantly improves your effectiveness.

I had to give up on the DZ for now, couldn't get anything extracted, absolute madness in there. Went back to side stuff in my current District and it's mad how fast the good guns are coming, nearly have all purple gear and found a gold shotgun that is wrecking people.

The new area around the docks gives very similar loot to the DZ. I've gotten a few exotics and classifieds out of it. It's not bad for div tech farming either although dz is better in a group. The area is pretty hard to solo efficiently unless you have a relatively good character.
    Extracting something good in the DZ I'll generally go to DZ 9 where there 's less likelihood of getting ganked.

I'm on the last level (I think) at general assembly. Cleaned up fine side stuff and the amount of high end great I'm picking up is ridiculous. Like night and day when you hit 30. Just have one run at the mission solo and had to head off after downloading info from a laptop, not sure how much was left in it but was piss easy up to that. I have a shotgun that eats people that get too close and a rifle that eats them at every other range.

Are the search and destroy missions with doing? Also I have gotten a few golden cache boxes that hold some brilliant high end great but I'm not sure what's triggering to unlock the caches for me.

I'm on the last level (I think) at general assembly. Cleaned up fine side stuff and the amount of high end great I'm picking up is ridiculous. Like night and day when you hit 30. Just have one run at the mission solo and had to head off after downloading info from a laptop, not sure how much was left in it but was piss easy up to that. I have a shotgun that eats people that get too close and a rifle that eats them at every other range.

Are the search and destroy missions with doing? Also I have gotten a few golden cache boxes that hold some brilliant high end great but I'm not sure what's triggering to unlock the caches for me.

The golden caches are the field proficiency ones. Since you're at level 30, earned XP instead fills the field proficiency bar. When full you get a cache. During the Christmas event, you receive two each time.

If you have any intel items left to collect, every 4 of them is enough for a cache.

Spear wrote: »
    The golden caches are the field proficiency ones. Since you're at level 30, earned XP instead fills the field proficiency bar. When full you get a cache. During the Christmas event, you receive two each time.

If you have any intel items left to collect, every 4 of them is enough for a cache.

Ah ok thanks, have a ton of Intel stuff left, the only thing I haven't gone out of my way for.

• Advertisement

Where would you get classified gear sets.

I have a good predator mark build going now but it's just regular 4 piece bonuses the 5 and 6 look great but it's like deciphering the enigma code to figure out where to get stuff in this game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Threw together a healthy Stryker build this morning just to see what all the fuss is about. Was never a fan of Stryker before but this current iteration isn't too bad.

It's a lot of fun for PvE, the healing you get is bonkers good. Tried a quick skirmish with it but the TTK was a bit too long with the low firearms. Conversely the survive-ability of it can be quite good. But then again there's a lot of people running around with 9K stamina for Predator's Mark and of course Nomad exists so it doesn't really even stand out in that regard. You'd probably want a completely different set up for PvP with more firearms and some damage/crit rolls instead of health here and there. I ran with firearms/electronics & self heal mods. I found the Famas/Warlord or SASG was a good combo. A house would probably be really good with it but I haven't found one yet.

So in summary Stryker is fun now.

What's that got to do with the question?

Seriously? Clearly a joke dude. As in you have your priorities wrong :rolleyes:

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Seriously? Clearly a joke dude. As in you have your priorities wrong :rolleyes:

So nothing to do with the question then. as usual.
    do you actually ever contribute anything on boards at all anywhere or just go around stirring ****e.

So nothing to do with the question then. as usual.
    do you actually ever contribute anything on boards at all anywhere or just go around stirring ****e.

Wow. Dude, i'm just going to explain it because you clearly don't get the joke- you posted a question on Christmas Day, using the word "priority". I quoted, partially, your post, boldlighting the word priority and giving a very tongue in cheek answer that literally ANYONE else would have taken for what it is- priority=Christmas dinner (That's the joke). Do you really need to be offended by it?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Wow. Dude, i'm just going to explain it because you clearly don't get the joke- you posted a question on Christmas Day, using the word "priority". I quoted, partially, your post, boldlighting the word priority and giving a very tongue in cheek answer that literally ANYONE else would have taken for what it is- priority=Christmas dinner (That's the joke). Do you really need to be offended by it?

This the last im responding to you and in fact after this will add you to my ignore list, i find you a detestable troll anytime i've come across you and no I dont find you funny. now im not derailing the thread any further as I actually got some HELPFUL replies from the other users here. I suggest you do the same

This the last im responding to you and in fact after this will add you to my ignore list, i find you a detestable troll anytime i've come across you and no I dont find you funny. now im not derailing the thread any further as I actually got some HELPFUL replies from the other users here. I suggest you do the same

I suggest you chill the f**k out and stop getting so worked up over nothing, but how as ever, i was actually going to recommend some builds to you, based on experience and running 2/2/2 gear but i think i'll leave it.

Division tech is the darkzone the only place for it?

alot of the areas marked on map for divisson tech in dark zone are empty when i get there.

I seem to get most of what i have now from breaking down high end and green armor sets i dont use.

Best place to farm div tech is in the dz in group, you'd need someone who knows the map to pick up crates but basically farming landmarks, supply drops and contamination events is fine too.
    Solo it's a toss up between the dz and the docks (new area) where every randomly generated mission you run will get you div tech (3). Probably need to run a good character for survivability. Both can be tough enough solo. Last week it could take me 20 minutes to do a landmark now I can blast through one.
    Thrash all gear sets, exotics and weapons you don't want for a chance of div tech.
    Classified drops in both areas, very low drop rate maybe 2-3%. I've heard you can get classifieds from green caches that you purchase from the vendors. I've got a couple of exotics so it's possibly true.
    Global Event is by far the best for classifieds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Keep it civil, please. Some wildly unnecessary aggression a few posts ago!

Advertisement