Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Search and Destroy mission in safe houses or Underground. I must have got most of mine from Underground because it's maxed out at 400. There's a PS4 chat up already on the division I'll see about adding you so you can enjoy my drunken wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Search and Destroy mission in safe houses or Underground. I must have got most of mine from Underground because it's maxed out at 400. There's a PS4 chat up already on the division I'll see about adding you so you can enjoy my drunken wit.

May as well add Totz, CDB & Knave

Can see myself playing this up to the next global event which is supposed to be around the end of this month. Fully optimised the Nomad, need to work on Defence and Predator. The grind for div tech is truly painful. Legendry missions give a fair bit but running a group in the DZ is still probably the best method.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I was hoping to take a break until the next event but i still haven't found a House!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Rob2D wrote: »
    I was hoping to take a break until the next event but i still haven't found a House!

I actually thought that "found a House" meant that someone had set up their own little base away from the Post Office. Tad disappointed that it was just a gun.

• Advertisement

I heard the underground is your best bet. It's where I got my second one so seems legit. 3 phase challenging missions. I've been fairly lucky with drops I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ran 10 resistance at pier 93 last night upto the chest.

3 classified pieces, 6 exotics 1 ****e drop.

Also got 2 more classified pieces in the darkzone

All in all a good night's work

I heard the underground is your best bet.

I heard that too, but so far no luck. By the time I get one it'll be nerfed.

On an entirely separate note, I was just thinking:

What if you took a 9k stamina Stryker, got your stacks up to 100 and then ate a canned food for the 40% healing boost. And then popped a booster shot as well maybe..........Would it turn you into a superman? :pac:

I've never run a stryker's build. Have 4 or 5 of the classified set pieces and must try it out. Probably be ok for legendry missions come to think of it as I hear it's good for both dps and health recovery. Also I can never effectively drink water / eat a snack in the middle of combat. I found it very fiddly and more or less forgot about it. It's stuff like this that separates the scrubs from the decent players. :)

I haven't really used consumables since 1.3 when you sort of had to. Might try it later.

Haven't tried my Stryker in a Legendary. Sentry is always better for the team. Sounds like a bit of a laugh though. I imagine you'd get melee killed quite a bit.

• Advertisement

I only started doing legendries recently. First one was times square which is probably the easiest. Decided to flank the enemy, was feeling very sneaky as I crept up behind a purple enemy who simply turned around and killed me with a punch.
    I really hate the end of the Napalm factory one. Warrengate can be a bit of a mare with the timer counting down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

are you lads matchmaking for the legandaries? how are you finding it?

Hit and miss but getting better so it may have been down to me. Ran 12 last week and failed once at Napalm. Week before I got booted from Times Square which I'm putting down to the other three not knowing where to go after wiping 3-4 times. Very few people communicate I randomed all 13 and the only person I spoke with was a German who luckily had very good English (he had a full reclaimer set which made the end of Napalm so much easier). Just remembered I did one in a group from here.

I only started doing legendries recently. First one was times square which is probably the easiest.

For sure. You can even go into the dark zone checkpoints for a break.

I remember one of the first few times I ran it, I went in to grab a medkit and I heard "supply drops inbound" so I went and hit up the nearest one before returning to the actual mission.

The rest of the squad were still in the same place when I came back :pac:

Got the final piece for the classy reclaimer yesterday thanks to the generosity of others. It's that little burst of happiness when you get something you want and rolling / testing it that keeps me at this.
    Up earlier rolling the set to 10,000 electronics. Hard to get decent weapon perks which only emphasises my lack of dps plus I won't survive long outside the support station bubble but I reckon it'll be pretty strong in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dipped in and out of this a fair bit over Christmas, took advantage of the double field proficiency caches as an excuse to wander the map collecting phone recordings, survival guides etc, have a lot of them gotten now, and will definitely 100% the last ones for the achievements.

Also took a bit of time to wander the dark zone as I was looking for div tech to upgrade weapons. It blew me away how little of it I'd actually seen, i don't think I had ever been in DZ's 4-9, the art direction is top notch, that place where its nothing but yellow bin bags is a sight to be seen. I must do a bit of reading to see what I can do to start optimising my build. I've legendaries aplenty clogging up my inventory but I find myself sticking to the same 2 guns and class loadout for the most part.

Also only heard about the legendary missions from here, but matchmade into the power plant, and got to what I think is the end, but we werent able to kill the enemies in time before the self destruct went off. the group bailed after a few failures, but I might give another one a go tonight.

There's quite a bit of build diversity now. See plenty of complaints on reddit that you have to run 6 piece classifieds or have to run nomad or predator's but I really don't agree. 6 piece classifieds are strong but not op. This is a pve game at heart, while there's an element of pvp you can largely avoid it if you want.
    I tend to stick to the same 5-6 guns and while some are probably garbage there's several weapons I rarely use that are actually very good.

That Warrenpoint mission can be tough at that particular point. One of the runs this weekend we cleared it but with only 30 seconds to spare. There's four bosses after that point but it's not too hard from there. As mentioned before Times Square is the easiest one to start with but they are all very doable. Things can go to crap pretty quickly though and having to restart miles back is disheartening.

Could be worse could spend an hour dragging two randoms through napalm factory only to realise it was not reset day and get nothing for it, eh gimli

In my defence .... wait no it was the stupidest thing since you tried to revive that random in the legendary mission and almost put us all in jeopardy :)
    Randoms are expendable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Got me a 269 'The House' last night. Can't remember what Talents are on it. What would be recommended?

• Advertisement

Responsive, Unforgiving, Deadly , Destructive (PvE)
    Fierce isn't bad now but the ones above are your main damage dealers. Unforgiving is probably more PvP but works well in both. Brutal too if you can hit headshots.

In my defence .... wait no it was the stupidest thing since you tried to revive that random in the legendary mission and almost put us all in jeopardy :)
    Randoms are expendable man.

it was a saving private ryan moment i got him with the support station too :)

it did crack yourself and wonda up tho so theres that....

What would be recommended?

That you give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

How does one acquire more intel for HVT.

Also I set up a chat on PS4 if anyone is interested.

As mentioned the safe-house S&D missions but watch for the cyan/ring highlighted safe houses as these have higher level goals and better intel rewards, between the rewards per phase (3), picking up random intel drops as you go and the end reward you should average around 20 or so for these. If you don't see any highlighted safe houses first try fast traveling to another, if still no luck then reload.
    Also pretty much any enemy has a chance to drop Intel, so start on the low missions and work up as you will earn a few as you go usually opening up a higher tier HVT mission in the process without the intel grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Righty, spent a bit of time last night playing around with different bits of gear, and, because I dont have a full classified set, have settled on a hybrid of banshee shadow and nomad which should give pretty good survivability when playing solo. I like to run the flame turret and my build has different perks that trigger for hitting a target that is on fire.

The query I have (and feel free to explain it like I'm 5), but I see people talking about having 11K in electronics or whatever. how do you get such a high number here? my gear score is 281, but my firearms, defense and electronics stats are all relatively close to each othere (I dont have exact figures off the top of my head, but its proabably closer to 4.5K each).

Also did the Times Square legendary last night, not too bad, and got 'the liberator' for my troubles.

I rolled a set to have 10,000 electronics the other day. Every bit of gear Chest, holster, backpack, gloves, knee pads and mask has to be electronics. If it is fire arms or stamina roll it to electronics.

Then every mod you put into the Chest, backpack and mask (I think it's only these three that take mods, kneepads might as well) needs to be an electronics mod. These range from around 230 to 267, so the closer they are to 267 the better.

You roll gear at the recalibration station in the BoE or Camp (I know it's not David) whatever it's called. If you start getting into this it's where the real fascination kicks in and the grind for better loot begins.

The problem with building a gear set is you'll do something and break something else. Like you need extra firearms which you put in and then lose the talents on your favourite gun or your stamina falls through the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Righty, spent a bit of time last night playing around with different bits of gear, and, because I dont have a full classified set, have settled on a hybrid of banshee shadow and nomad which should give pretty good survivability when playing solo. I like to run the flame turret and my build has different perks that trigger for hitting a target that is on fire.

The query I have (and feel free to explain it like I'm 5), but I see people talking about having 11K in electronics or whatever. how do you get such a high number here? my gear score is 281, but my firearms, defense and electronics stats are all relatively close to each othere (I dont have exact figures off the top of my head, but its proabably closer to 4.5K each).

Also did the Times Square legendary last night, not too bad, and got 'the liberator' for my troubles.

Using the optimiser and the recalibration tool benches can help tweak all your gear stats to where you'd like them to be. (e.g) If you want to be a tank or a Skills build etc.

Start by recalibrating the armour once you are happy with it. When ready then use the optimiser to up its values.

It's like a pie. You can cut a huge slice of the pie but then you are leaving a smaller pieces for the rest of it.

Should also have mentioned that even with every gear piece rolled to electronics and every mod slot being electronics I still had to use the optimisation station to get the electronics score over 10K.
    The optimisation station will improve the stats on your gear but it's not something to be toyed with until you know what you are doing as the currency required is thin on the ground.
    Should also have mentioned that electronics is the worst thing to get unless you are looking for a very specific build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ubisoft replied on page 2. They've changed nothing. So they say.

Advertisement