Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Queens Tunnel
    Times Square Power Relay
    Broadway Emporium
    Police Academy
    Dragon's Nest

No Lex or Clear Sky for Ambush, darn it.

But that's good though. If you took damage while moving then Clear Sky becomes literally impossible I imagine. And even if an incursion isn't on the list they still pay out the same big money.

Out of that list I'd choose Dragon. It's more or less the easiest incursion and you're stationary for most of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Good point. I ran a few Clear Skys this weekend, non-heroic. It wasn't as easy as I had been led to believe. Broadway should be doable in 7-8 minutes, would Dragon's Nest be quick enough to compete? I know you get less credits but if it's taking 20 minutes plus you'd be better off doing missions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Got a PS4 at Xmas, bought a cheap copy of The Division from Ebay and started playing, quite enjoyed myself, but then my son decided to download Fortnite, got a chest infection, was off school for a week and promptly got addicted to cartoon-graphics, battle-royale gameplay with all his mates, basically hogging the TV for 8 hours a day. No more The Division for me for the past week :(.

So yesterday I decided to avail of the Humble Bundle store offer for the PC version (might as well use my 1070 for something, sick of BF1) and now I find myself starting The Division all over again :). Hopefully my investment will pay off and the game will be supported by the developers for the foreseeable future. PvE will do me for a while, baby steps and all that.

i've no problem speed levelling you if you like, i;ve both pc and xbox and happy to get you to 30 fast on PC if you like..

would Dragon's Nest be quick enough to compete?

Nope. The end of it takes forever.

I'll be trying Clear Sky first thing like usual anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Downloaded this again, and realized that I never got around to beating the campaign. Will have to do that before trying the new stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

mossym wrote: »
    i've no problem speed levelling you if you like, i;ve both pc and xbox and happy to get you to 30 fast on PC if you like..

Thanks for the offer mossym, might take you up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Haven't been this excited to play the game since release. Finished work at 4. Home by quarter past. Online with a cup of tae by half past. Job.

I too am giddy, up earlier messing round with builds. Figure I'll run the D3FNC with randoms and probably Reclaimer with regulars. Not sure Predator or Nomad will work well in Ambush. Deadeye seems a good build for it but I haven't built it yet. Made a 6000 FA / 6000 Stam predator build today. NPCs were dying before the bleed kicked in, not sure I prefer it over the 9000 stam one though.

I'd forgotten Broadway doesn't have a challenging level. You'd be pushed to get Queens Tunnel done in under 15 minutes. Not sure what to do. Can you do Lexington even though it's not on the Ambush list and if so what's the point of the list? I could run Times Square Legendry tbh it wouldn't be much longer than Queen's Tunnel.

As was once said by Sir Vincent Peter Jones "cheeky b*****d"

• Advertisement

PSN down for maintenance, have a bad feeling about this.

From the bit I played yesterday normal ambush is very easy. Tactical is easy but a pain with losing health which slows you down a lot. Normal Lex was probably the most efficient for me.

6 caches, 5 classified, 3 exotics and an updated spreadsheet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bit of a bug in the tech skills commendation. It's meant to give a commendation if you do a mission with only using skills from the tech wing.

Except I was given it on a mission where I used no skills at all.

Seems it's inverted and is given for not using skills that are not from the tech wing instead.

I can't remember if this was present on the similar commendations used in past GEs.

Queens tunnel is slow to do though. Makes me nostalgic for Lex already.

Lex is really easy to do on normal ambush, you'll just tear through the npcs. You're getting 750 GE a go plus whatever it is for the named boss. Outside of a 6 minute Clear Sky run it still has to be the most efficient GE farm, this time round. Found it a lot quicker than the last GE.
    The bit in the lift I'm standing in front of it out of cover just murdering them with an MP7, predator and shrapnel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah, it's looking like it's back to Lex, once I've done one of everything to make the playlist commendations. A shame, I had hoped for an alternative.

In the longer term I'd prefer if they took a different approach to the GE. Instead of giving the GE credits primarily for mission repeats, I'd prefer if they used an experience bar in the style of Underground/Field Proficiency, so that anything done under the GE conditions would contribute instead. It'd be much more flexible and avoid the tedium of repeated Lex or Clear Sky runs.

I think the HVT's may be a good alternative but you'll breeze through them pretty quick from what I've seen. Hopefully I can log on before Friday's reset and run them.
    Lex runs are pretty dull. My brain kind of disengages and I'll run 5-6 of them without realising. Ambush is ridiculous though I didn't die once last night, not even close and only used medpacks maybe three times, I actually switched to my lower stam higher FA build on the D3FNC build and didn't notice a difference in terms of damage dealt or received.

This event is great for my Sentry. Just one shot everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

quick question, haven't logged in yet but just wondering if using the riot shield with the D3F build counts as being in cover?

I ran the D3FNC last night and on strategic was losing a load of health when moving, so no. It really doesn't matter a lot of the time I wasn't even bothering using the shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I ran the D3FNC last night and on strategic was losing a load of health when moving, so no. It really doesn't matter a lot of the time I wasn't even bothering using the shield.

cool, I might possibly play nomad so this time, although I got quite addicted to using my vector with the shield,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive tried most builds for this event and the best by far for ripping through mobs has to be Lonestar 6 piece Classified with 2X Big Al`s.
    I thought strikers and predator 6 piece classified were good [they are] until i tried this, the ambush modifier suits it down to the ground too.

Our squad farmed Clear Sky for a bit lastnight but it this build really shines in solo play ,doing Hudson Refugee Camp in about 6-7 mins for 850 GE is win win.

I managed to get 4 firecrest classified pieces lastnight and even with 4 piece its a solid build and a lot of fun, cant wait to get the last pieces for it.

• Advertisement

Server maintenance scheduled for this morning. 8:30 - 10:30.

Server maintenance scheduled for this morning. 8:30 - 10:30.
    Having the maintenance on when I'm in work works much better from me than the Destiny 7pm......till whenever time. Think I heard before that the servers for this are in Ireland.

Looking at the Firecrest 6 set and it's a bit meh. Not sure if it was ever viable in pvp but it certainly isn't now with the buff to stamina and nerf to electronics. In PvE npcs explode and set YOU on fire if you're within 10m & doesn't set them alight long enough with your FAs so low.

Think they have the balance right for a lot of sets and hope they nerf nothing. They could change some imo but I'd rather they didn't go fiddling with them.

Hunter's Faith - this is so dull I don't know what it does
    Tactician - could rework the sixth piece so I understand what it does. This was explained to me twice yesterday and eventually I just put away my calculator and pretended I knew what it did.
    Banshee - very niche and I don't manhunt but it's probably very good at what it does.
    Deadeye - see a lot of complaints but also some nice 5 set builds. If they nudged this the wrong way they'd make it too strong....again

Seeing complaints on a couple of my favourite sets too
    Nomad - this is a solo build. I can see it being a problem in PvP if you are coming up against 4 nomads but that's not enough to change it
    Predator - it's not overpowered in my hands, leave it alone it's fun

So I can do a solo challenging run on Hudson Refugee camp in exactly 10 minutes, so it's a competitive alternative. It's a bit more chaotic and unpredictable then Lex, which is welcome.

Except my luck on the caches has been atrocious, with half of them being double non-classified.

I've only opened about 12 caches but the drop rate seems below the last GE, it's not enough of a sample size to be sure but that's my gut feeling. I have maybe 7 classifieds from that. The real grind begins on Friday and I'll know then. Fairly confident it'll work out. One of the guys got three classified tacticians in one cache yesterday, which is always nice. I really just want Tactician and Alpha-bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I think I got 4 Firecrest pieces last night..
    I'll always use those..

Drop rate is abysmal this time. I've gotten f**k all so far except 2 middling pieces of Tac.

I did some Hudson yesterday too. Group had it down to about 8mins since you can just run through the whole thing. It's a fine alternative if you want a change of scenery.

Hunter's Faith is just a Sentry that benefits only you.

Tac 6 piece basically just gives you decent chance of never losing the buff. In that instead of being consumed to 0% it should only ever go back to 30%. So you'll always have 30-60% buff. Whereas with only 4 piece you'd just go back to 0% every time you used a skill.

I don't understand why they can't just make Nomad solo only. If it didn't proc in a group then people wouldn't be so mad.

saw that video, knew there was a reason I didn't understand the 6 piece, I didn't want to.
    running the 9000 stam reclaimer on ambush is tonnes of fun though

• Advertisement

The last few GE days have been way more productive after a ropy start.

I have:
    Hunters Faith
    Alphabridge
    Firecrest

all done.

But only 4 on my Tacticians at this point.

Advertisement