Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished the story this morning, was an epic game. Open for a sequel. I hit a slump mid way through when I traded it previously , kept feeling underpowered as I wasn't unlocking any improved gear, should have tried the DZ earlier. Much more enjoyable now they keep throwing better gear at me.

I checked out the new resistance mode but I'm not a big fan of horde mode but I read you can unlock fortifications and paths, is there like a base system within it?

My next mission is to look for sets. Sorry I know this was said many times but at the time, the info was going straight over my head. I'm I best to go through DZ and fight named bosses? Plough through resistance?

The most interesting thing to me is survival. Does that give any good loot to bring back to the main game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Survival gives caches depending upon your score. Last successful run I did a few days back gave 8 caches in total.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Rob2D wrote: »

That looks class and I'm need of a new book, sound for that!

I have survival a quick go and quickly realised there is no such thing as a quick go on this. Right up my street though, I love the basic creating, getting food, heat and medicine, looking forward to giving it a proper go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That looks class and I'm need of a new book, sound for that!

I have survival a quick go and quickly realised there is no such thing as a quick go on this. Right up my street though, I love the basic creating, getting food, heat and medicine, looking forward to giving it a proper go.

A run in survival takes the better part of an hour or so, depending on a few random aspects, e.g. antivirals end up way north in DZ. Or just being unlucky and not finding rarer materials like electronics and having to really poke about to find some.

If you get the intel from the West Side Piers region, it fills in a little after the main story, though not anything of real substance admittedly.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

If you get the intel from the West Side Piers region, it fills in a little after the main story, though not anything of real substance admittedly.

Is that the new resistance mode? Found the story very good so would definitely like to know more.

Is that the new resistance mode? Found the story very good so would definitely like to know more.

WSP is an open roam area, and there's three points in there were you can enter sub areas to play resistance, the carrier Indepedance, Pier 93 and the Pumphouse.

Rob2D wrote: »

Have that ordered now from the book depository, 12 euro incl delivery. Read the character who writes it is in the division and has an echo about the book, love that kind of crossover.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Tom-Clancys-The-Division-Ubisoft-Entertainment-Alex-Irvine/9781452148274?ref=grid-view&qid=1514389127689&sr=1-5

Have that ordered now from the book depository, 12 euro incl delivery. Read the character who writes it is in the division and has an echo about the book, love that kind of crossover.

Yeah I think it's meant to be the same survival guide that you collect pages from in game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got the base game yesterday and am hooked!

What dlc, additional content should i get? Season pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I got the base game yesterday and am hooked!

What dlc, additional content should i get? Season pass?

Season pass is worth getting for the underground and survival parts definitely.

Finished the last of the encounters and side missions last night, picked up my first set pieces for Lonestar. Only have collectibles left and I don't own underground, am I better of moving to world tier 2 and looking for the named bosses or something. I'm guessing moving up in WT will keep increasing the gear I find, currently about 196 score.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Try world tier 5. I went straight into it when it launched although I had a fully ranked up character (can't remember what gear score). It may not be outside your capability, I really don't know but obviously the loot drops will be better and will speed up progress. The enemy level will be 34 and it could be a bit icky.

If you go to world 5 try matchmaking a challenging or hard mission. If the randoms don't kick you, you'll get higher level gear.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Try world tier 5. I went straight into it when it launched although I had a fully ranked up character (can't remember what gear score). It may not be outside your capability, I really don't know but obviously the loot drops will be better and will speed up progress. The enemy level will be 34 and it could be a bit icky.

If you go to world 5 try matchmaking a challenging or hard mission. If the randoms don't kick you, you'll get higher level gear.

Not to sound mean but it really annoys me when people do this. And it's rampant at the moment.

You can get the gear and show up, great, but if you don't have the experience to do the missions then you're pretty much wasting 3 other people's time. As a solo player it may be even harder. You'll probably get inst-killed a lot by AI you didn't even know was there. The jump in difficulty will be EXTREME.

It's like any other game. You wouldn't immediately start and go straight to the highest difficulty. Division is no different. I would say go up a tier or two at a time and run the missions over and over to get a feel for it. Then watch a few youtube tutorials of the challenging/legendary/heroic stuff to see how people are actually doing it.

Then you need to study builds. What's good, how to make it, will it suit you? What builds do you make for your other loadouts? And solo builds are the hardest to make. You need to know every item inside and out.

TL;DR : No way way in hell should anybody go straight to tier 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Rob2D wrote:
    Not to sound mean but it really annoys me when people do this. And it's rampant at the moment.

Rob2D wrote:
    You can get the gear and show up, great, but if you don't have the experience to do the missions then you're pretty much wasting 3 other people's time. As a solo player it may be even harder. You'll probably get inst-killed a lot by AI you didn't even know was there. The jump in difficulty will be EXTREME.

Rob2D wrote:
    It's like any other game. You wouldn't immediately start and go straight to the highest difficulty. Division is no different. I would say go up a tier or two at a time and run the missions over and over to get a feel for it. Then watch a few youtube tutorials of the challenging/legendary/heroic stuff to see how people are actually doing it.

Rob2D wrote:
    Then you need to study builds. What's good, how to make it, will it suit you? What builds do you make for your other loadouts? And solo builds are the hardest to make. You need to know every item inside and out.

Rob2D wrote:
    TL;DR : No way way in hell should anybody go straight to tier 5.

I played till lvl 30 and end of story at launch and left.

Came back for 1.8 gear score was 100 i stayed at World tier 2 for a few hours then jumped up to 5 straight away twas grand.

Just don't go to the north side pier new pve area or darkzone and you'll be grand.

I also did exactly what gimli suggested and matchmade into a lot of various activities.

Most people where great got tips and build suggestions and a few even dropped their loot ( crap for them but a nice start for me).

I was on mic though and always said upfront I was new. Asked what they wanted me to do and then did it ( usually hang back a bit and heal and stay safe).

If your on ps4 my Id is same as boards I'd be happy to help out.

Ah yeah jumping into hard or challenging missions shouldn't be an issue they're pretty easy to solo, certainly hard difficulty. I wouldn't recommend it on an incursion or legendary. Most people won't mind and if they do they can just kick you or tell you to feck off, I wouldn't be a pest.

I genuinely can't remember how difficult WT5 was when I first went in. I went straight from 1 to 5 without too many problems, don't remember what my gear score was. I'm sure on some of the latter characters I finished the game and went straight in. (actually now I think of it I had a shed load of gear for the alts in the stash so I was pretty much max GS at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

World tiers are less important than having a good build, and working out your own play style on solo missions. Having a high-numbers build that isn't balanced, or that you don't know how to leverage, is a greater contribution to difficulty than world tier itself.

Some missions/bosses on world tier 1 will melt you if you don't know how to play them, whereas others on world tier 5 can be sniped or exploded with no risk.

Gear score, dps, defence are important numbers, but they can also be misleading numbers.

Good advice lads. I moved to WT 2, won't let me move higher as each tier has to be unlocked with gear score. The enemies have more health and armour but still not too much trouble. Gonna concentrate on my build and jump WT as they become available.

4 characters X 3 legendary missions
    5.2M credits
    400 div tech
    12 exotics
    2 bleeding eyes

I noticed incursions the other day, saw the clear sky one which I had read about before. What an absolute AI tank fest. I got riddled from the first wave.

Tried again by joining a group, 2 guys who were 290ish compared to my 196. Was mad watching them run and gun, dancing with multiple elites. They kept having to revive me so I quit when I did die, must have been pissing them off. Think I'll leave incursions for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

How are people findimg groups for this at level 30, 196 score on tier 2 and cant find any1

I'd say most people are maxing out gear score and running WT5. You can get geared up in a few minutes with a team.

rolled my predator's classified to 9000 stamina this morning, dear lord. It's not even optimised. Made an mp7 that had unforgiven in the free slot. The darkzone holds no fear.

I noticed incursions the other day, saw the clear sky one which I had read about before. What an absolute AI tank fest. I got riddled from the first wave.

Tried again by joining a group, 2 guys who were 290ish compared to my 196. Was mad watching them run and gun, dancing with multiple elites. They kept having to revive me so I quit when I did die, must have been pissing them off. Think I'll leave incursions for a while yet.

Funny enough I did my sky run yesterday and joined at the end. Uh oh I thought, a bad omen. Sure enough I asked and none of them had a clue. So I spent a few minutes typing out instructions and would you believe it we blew through it first go.

It's the easiest incursion but nobody talks when needed. And then you have the guys who don't want to listen which is worse. No way those guys should have started without speaking to you first.
    The darkzone holds no fear.

An odd choice for the DZ no? If things go south you're dead fast. I'm always in my Nomad or maybe Stryker set for the lower levels. I prefer to have a bit of a safety net in there.

The two builds I run in the DZ for comfort are Defence and Nomad. I think properly optimised Predator's maybe the best for pvp though. The best predator's build has 9000 stamina so you have a bit of toughness but the dps is cruel if you get bleed going.

In the DZ yesterday 3 of us went to extract and met another team of four at the extraction. They seemed nice, we danced and waved and all was peaceful on the rooftop. Enter the lone rogue agent. Took out all seven of us. Shows what a PvPer can do against PvE players.
    In the ultimate act of betrayal I used the massacre as a distraction to make my escape. After taking a moment to remember my fallen comrades I eventually managed to get out the classified gear in my back pack.

In the ultimate act of betrayal I used the massacre as a distraction to make my escape. After taking a moment to remember my fallen comrades I eventually managed to get out the classified gear in my back pack.

CoarseAcidicBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

I think properly optimised Predator's maybe the best for pvp though.

No way. It's nasty with a group to back it up but on it's own it doesn't really have enough to burst someone down. And if you don't kill what you're aiming at with Pred straight away then you're just going to p*** them off. Then you're screwed. Lot's of guys in last stand using 6pc Pred at the moment and I can drop most of them 1 on 1.
    Took out all seven of us.

That's crazy. No way should that have happened. Even with the best player the Division is still a numbers game and 7 is much greater than 1.

I think the problem with most PvE players is that they immediately give up or try to run. Once you do that you have already lost. You'll find that if even 2 of you tried to face him he would have had a much tougher time.

Yeah to be fair he took out three of the other guys in one hit and I wasn't hanging around to see how he did it. I could hear the despair from the teammates I left behind who were brave enough to stand and fight, they weren't doing any damage. I'm heavily specced into pve although I had my one (unoptimised) pvp build I still wasn't chancing it. I agree though 1 v 7 shouldn't be doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

How does one acquire more intel for HVT.

Also I set up a chat on PS4 if anyone is interested.

Advertisement