Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** it's 1082 phoenix credits and I have 462. Anyway way to change my regular money to phoenix or do I gotta grind it out? Restock in 14 hours

The daily challenging will get you 80. I could probably run Times Square legendary for 355 a go but I'm not on for ten hours. Underground 3 phase challenging missions get you a decent amount. Rolled properly, it's considered the best gun in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is this a 'must have' weapon? Its the first time I've seen a post relating to buying anything a vendor had?

It did get toned down very slightly recently, but it's a solid and easy to use weapon, with competitive damage, decent accuracy and easily controlled recoil. This made it almost mandatory in some modes like Last Stand.

Don't forget there's also 4-6-ish phoenix credits from the LZ named bosses, plus phoenix credits are shared across characters if you have more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

**** it's 1082 phoenix credits and I have 462. Anyway way to change my regular money to phoenix or do I gotta grind it out? Restock in 14 hours

HVT missions give pretty good PHX credit rewards, then the daily challenge missions. The WSP would be your next best option imho, between the mission bosses and accelerated cache generation (sooooo much to kill :) ) you can earn a decent amount of creds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

buy gold caches from the vendors in the original BOO, the ones on the left when you enter the BOO from the street. they will open as a HE item and give 15 to 25 phoenix credits each

It is a VERY nice AR. I rolled about 40 I think until I hit the right one, base 279 with Destructive/Ferocious/Responsive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Is this a 'must have' weapon? Its the first time I've seen a post relating to buying anything a vendor had?

there was a time when the vendor refresh at midnight on a friday night was a key moment in the game. a god roll weapon would have lads farming for a week to buy it

So I might finally try out SMGs again, I've mainly stuck with ARs/MRs so far but have a Classified defence set I want to try, PvE, any recommendations?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    So I might finally try out SMGs again, I've mainly stuck with ARs/MRs so far but have a Classified defence set I want to try, PvE, any recommendations?

The House is flavour of the month, though I remain unimpressed by it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

For all you pure solo-ers out there. This might be fun to try. I'd probably still use some sort of high end build myself but this type of outside the box thinking is cool too:

_CreeD_ wrote: »

I've always used the pp19 with the extended mag, one is none perk and you just sit in front of npcs unloading bullets into their heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Where is the LWM4 blueprint located or am I to late?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Blackgator wrote: »
    Where is the LWM4 blueprint located or am I to late?

It was at the Terminal, base of operations sold by the specialy blueprints vendor. I think it refreshed last night though so might be gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does PvP get better at later levels? Went in around lvl28 to get some gear, and it just seems like the aim is to sprint in as close as you can and unload. Cover doesn't seem to matter at all. Granted, this guy was DZ rank 99 at lvl29 (a twink i assume), but it was really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Kiith wrote:
    Does PvP get better at later levels? Went in around lvl28 to get some gear, and it just seems like the aim is to sprint in as close as you can and unload. Cover doesn't seem to matter at all. Granted, this guy was DZ rank 99 at lvl29 (a twink i assume), but it was really annoying.

Depends on builds really if he is running a clasified set that will determine his play style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So after getting the season pass i got a whole load of stuff from the rewards vendor,i actually never noticed there was one as ive found the vendors arent that nessacery,like diablo you usually pick something up thats better pretty quickly. Was just using them to sell stuff for credits which i was stock piling till level 30.

If i was to start over fresh,so as to be level with coop buddies,would all that stuff be there for the second character?

It might soften the blow of having to start again:P

EoinHef wrote: »
    So after getting the season pass i got a whole load of stuff from the rewards vendor,i actually never noticed there was one as ive found the vendors arent that nessacery,like diablo you usually pick something up thats better pretty quickly. Was just using them to sell stuff for credits which i was stock piling till level 30.

If i was to start over fresh,so as to be level with coop buddies,would all that stuff be there for the second character?

It might soften the blow of having to start again:P

A lot of stuff is shared regardless of character. Such reward stuff, phoenix credits, crafting materials, blueprints etc. A second run through could potentially be easier with access to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »

Always found pvp to suck in the game, its worse than ever now with a lot of the classifield set builds requiring 9k stamina to activate the 6 piece bonus so you now have dps builds with over 9k stamina running at you [ i do it myself with my predators mark classified build]
    Silly silly design change to ask dps classes to spec into stamina instead of firearms, the net result is big damage while being too tanky :rolleyes:
    It should be 9k firearms to activate dps builds 6 piece bonuses thus leaving high dps builds in the glass cannon mould which they should be.

Im loving the game right now,its in the best state its ever been but i only play pve apart from the odd fight i get into in the DZ while im farming caches and div tech with a group of friends.

pvp always was and always will be a joke in the game, nothing more than running around in tiny circles waiting for someone to die.

Dcully wrote: »
    pvp always was and always will be a joke in the game

I dunno man, I think it can get pretty deep if you want. I mean just look at what Widdz can do to a bunch of people. Those guys are no "joke". IMO Divison PvP requires a lot more skill than most shooters out there.

I for one love some last stand. There's always something to do. The pacing of it is fantastic.

Dcully wrote: »
    Always found pvp to suck in the game, its worse than ever now with a lot of the classifield set builds requiring 9k stamina to activate the 6 piece bonus so you now have dps builds with over 9k stamina running at you [ i do it myself with my predators mark classified build]
    Silly silly design change to ask dps classes to spec into stamina instead of firearms, the net result is big damage while being too tanky :rolleyes:
    It should be 9k firearms to activate dps builds 6 piece bonuses thus leaving high dps builds in the glass cannon mould which they should be.

Im loving the game right now,its in the best state its ever been but i only play pve apart from the odd fight i get into in the DZ while im farming caches and div tech with a group of friends.

pvp always was and always will be a joke in the game, nothing more than running around in tiny circles waiting for someone to die.

I dunno, i was getting hamered even as a 6pc striker until i swapped out my dte mods for crit chance and re-rolled ead to crits as well then started having better results,

i like that it rewards time and gear most games pvp is too watered down.
    division you have to put time in to it.

Replying to multiple posts I have liked with vastly differing oppinions on PvP.

No I'm not 'just' nuts.

The arguments on the skills involved in good pvp in this vs. not are really the Vorlan/Bablyon5 argument of truth is a tripled edged blade 'yours...theres..and the truth' . For over 3 decades now (yes I'm THAT old) I have been better than 99% of my peers at games. I've gotten slower with age and that has changed but perfectly honestly that means now I seem to have dropped from 99 tp mebbe 85 or so. In other words no longer a game changer but force.

That all out of the way ? Good I'm bpred by me too.

I love this game

I really mean I LOVE it.

Elite on the C64
    Turrican x on the Amiga
    UT 2k4
    Mass Effect on the PC
    Stalker
    Elder Scrolls x
    Warframe

Many others.

This sits up there. But the PvP attracts elements that in every other gaming would be griefing, spawn camping etc. unn atractive elements, and exmplifies it. Rewards it.

And the thing is initially it didn't. I purchased this on day one. I played to the end SP in 3 days and the DZ to lvl 59 or so on 2 chars in a week after that. Sometimes being griefed sometimes not. it worked, I still loved the DZ and then they patched it in favour of griefing and since then have refused to accept that the balance tipped towards being a dick. I'm not talking about simply deciding to kill someone for a reward.

The first time I quit the DZ was after I came across 2 guys being destroyed by NPCs. Tiers just 1-2. 1 down the other almost dead I threw THEM my health pack, I then went to work on the hefty NPCs killing them. After a bit I finished them off, wave to the 2 guys I'd saved and moved on. To be shot in the back by them. I always do a PvE build, but I turned and faught, minus my 2 skills for now. Forced 1 to run, downed the other only to be downed by the other coward returning.
    That wasn't PvE, it wasn't skill, it was just being dicks. When I respawned I thought I could respec for PvP (this was before loadouts) and murder them since they had had so much trouble with NPCs I could kill in my sleep but then figured why even give them the thrill. If they lacked that much honour they deserved to be alone. So I left PvP.

I have played an tried to help a lot of folks on PvE, giving away gear to newbies. I get the social aspect of this game, utterly. So tonight I decided to finally re-enter the DZ. I headed up to DZ-6 and quickly headed to DZ9 to finish that annoying pompt. I helped other players along the way. Yey 2.0 and no friendly damage. I had good fun just wandering those high levels and enjoying the extra challenge. I didn't care about the gear, thakfully gone are the days of the DZ being the ult in GS. After 30 mins I headed to the main extraction to dump the mostly crap I'd collected. Saw another group was there and retreated so as not to compete. 20 secs later started being attaceked by someone who turned rogue as they ran past me. Started to fkn murder him when his mates turned up and it went sideways.

So after all that, dickhole being what he was and requiring 3 mates to not lose, I watched from 'death' to see if things had changed.
    They hadn't.
    Their first port of call? the next safehouse. They were waiting for me to spawn.

Again. I love this game. I would love symmetrical PvP. But everything I have seen from the existing PvP would get someone banned from any decent server.

• Advertisement

Problem with pvp imo is you have to deal with it as a PvEr, there's good loot in the dark zone you need to venture in to get it. As a PvE'r I think it's brilliant yes you'll get ganked, yes players you'll come up against have pvp builds, are better than you and as with every pvp environment people are bas****s but if you extract that gear it's worth it,
    Got rogued yesterday on my shield build and killed him, felt like a god. I'm not ashamed to admit I teabagged

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got rogued yesterday on my shield build and killed him, felt like a god. I'm not ashamed to admit I teabagged

Killed him...not him x4.

Every PVE situation I've had in this game 1x1 I've won. I put a lot of thought into mechanics and build. When everyone was screaming Vekt0r and GS back in the early days I didn't. Ended up reviving so many who where in that cult. This game's PvP encourages being a dick. Pure an simple. If you're ok with that (even if you are not usually that) fair enough. But it does it to an extreme.

The Dark Zone DOES NOT equal PvP. It never has. Majority of people have always failed to understand this. It was never designed to be anything even approaching fair.

The DZ will always be it's own beast entirely.

That's why they added 2 dedicated PvP modes for people who wanted it. And they're great.

DZ today me and JCD doing a contamination zone, random appears. We wave, dance and invite him. "He seems nice" I say Can't find the npcs underground, running up stairs health non-existent, he goes rogue. Luckily JCD was right behind him with a 6 piece striker and shotgun.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    DZ today me and JCD doing a contamination zone, random appears. We wave, dance and invite him. "He seems nice" I say Can't find the npcs underground, running up stairs health non-existent, he goes rogue. Luckily JCD was right behind him with a 6 piece striker and shotgun.

he was so fcukin sure he had you too, coward waited till you were into your last health bar to go rogue, was delighted that i got to rob a defense classified piece of his body.

Seeing you play incursions with randoms made me realise I should be doing that. It's just that I see them as a step up from Legendries which can be painful enough.
    Case in point my reclaimer run on Napalm this week.
    First wipe is on me as I didn't take into account how squishy my reclaimer is.
    2nd wipe npc went to punch a teammate and killed me through cover. This was the point I realised I die we all die.
    Wipe 3 the three lads go down, I revive them with my super 20 seconds later they go down again. I have to leave my big obvious circle of invulnerability to get them up and die along the way.
    4th go and I realise I'm the only one shooting Widow, which wouldn't be a problem with my other characters but I have no dps. Three guys die again, I get them up again, eventually solo kill Widow and two teammates die on the way out, Just left them there.
    I'm by no means the greatest but there's a fair amount of stupid playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Much better teaming up for incursions.
    I would be up for having a go this evening.

Sorry I did not get back you last night gimli.....could not see you online. Then I was in a group of 4 doing the weekly HVT's when the invite came. See if I had been with you that random would have ganked me in the DZ....

No problem, sure we would have had JCD to protect us. He was spoiling for a fight tbh, running up to groups at extractions, taunting them. If we had another player he'd only have become more troublesome.
    I'd be up for some light incursioning later, if you're about. It's weird that thing about me being offline. I've a feeling incursions have more mechanics than legendries so would need some communication although me and my brother got 1/2 way through the first one a few weeks back and it didn't seem that hard until suddenly it was.

gimli2112 wrote:
    No problem, sure we would have had JCD to protect us. He was spoiling for a fight tbh, running up to groups at extractions, taunting them. If we had another player he'd only have become more troublesome. I'd be up for some light incursioning later, if you're about. It's weird that thing about me being offline. I've a feeling incursions have more mechanics than legendries so would need some communication although me and my brother got 1/2 way through the first one a few weeks back and it didn't seem that hard until suddenly it was.

Yeah I do that a lot, never actually attack anyone though, in fact last night I was running past an extraction and seen 3 go rouge on 1 guy extracting.
    I had a mob right beside me so said **** it I've no loot, charged a 100 striker stacks of the mobs and jumped in to help random guy.

We won 2v3, a charged striker is a thing to fear, anyway he extracts thanks me and we go our separate ways.

Also on a related note I strongly dislike the speed boost that rogues get, I mean if the run you can't catch them, surely if anything they should be slowed while rogue.

• Advertisement

I seem to remember you attacking some guy trying to extract a house recently which didn't end well for us. :)
    That Rogue running mechanic is strange alright. We chased a rogue for at least 20 minutes the other week. He never seemed to get any nearer or further away, I don't understand why we were at it so long. I was probably drunk but you guys had no excuse.
    I'd need to get more pvp experience to get better at agent encounters. While my characters are heavily specced for PvE I still don't feel I'm getting enough damage on agents. Wonda was more than able to hold his own yesterday even with his D3FNC build which isn't a tier 1 DZ build, it's more end game PvE.

Advertisement