Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I was there in 2013. Almost identical seating. Last tine was great. Big screen worked well. This time sound was way too loud. My ears were sore. Sound mixing was bad. Couldn't hear Josh's solos well and Troy's bits were distorted too. Only some songs were mixed well. A few people near me walked out after a muffled hour of music. Very annoying seeing as they played some great songs. Set design was dodgy too. No big screen is unforgivable

I was thinking the same regarding the big screen, worked great last time. Those lights standing up on the stage that could flop around were a bit silly imo, didn't add anything to the visuals. They must have been trying to keep the cost of the tour down so sacrificed the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just me or was Josh’s guitar way too high in the mix? Drowned out the drums even at times...

Did they play the ambassador around a year after Slane years ago? Now that’s a gig I should have been at...

I’ll watch the live in London dvd to keep me going over Xmas.

Off the live stuff on YouTube from festivals etc, and links to a really top live set from over the years?

Or even from the recent tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

seachto7 wrote: »
    Just me or was Josh’s guitar way too high in the mix? Drowned out the drums even at times...

Did they play the ambassador around a year after Slane years ago? Now that’s a gig I should have been at...

I’ll watch the live in London dvd to keep me going over Xmas.

Off the live stuff on YouTube from festivals etc, and links to a really top live set from over the years?

Or even from the recent tour?

https://youtu.be/7tE3p-LGQrs

Not a set but an absolutely class version of You Can't Quit Me Baby from years ago, featuring an unreal jam, some local percussionists, and the highest Josh I've ever seen.

I wish I saw this qotsa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Out of interest, for everyone that thought the sound was ****, where in the stadium were you?
    I was front and centre and it was fine to me.
    I'm guessing a lot of you were off to one side

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Out of interest, for everyone that thought the sound was ****, where in the stadium were you?

8 rows from the front of the seating. Block F. Just off centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

No one said it was shyt just bassy. I felt the bass was bit too loud.

Overall good concert. 2 hours and lots of energy from the crowd.

Good live band, despite no Nick Oliveri!.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Out of interest, for everyone that thought the sound was ****, where in the stadium were you? I was front and centre and it was fine to me. I'm guessing a lot of you were off to one side

We were fairly centre but near the back. Couldn't even make out what some songs were til they got into them a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Maybe it's cause I definitely fall into the diehard fan bracket but last night was one of the best nights of my life, only small issue is I would love for them to drop No One Knows

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Glad they don't play Burn The Witch. Always hated it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was front and left standing, and at times Josh's main licks couldn't be heard in the mix, was weird, seemed to only effect certain songs from left, I had a great time to be honest, was a lot more varied set list than I've seen before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dasdog

I suppose people travel long distances and look forward to and get their hopes up for such events. I'm just about aware of this band and only know a handful of songs but the sound and especially the bass was great, dirty and loud and it was a decent rock show. If you want sit back to hear an artist, Mulatu Astatke is playing Mon/Tue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I travelled back from Finland to get to this gig and made it in with 5 minutes to spare (missed Broncho who apparently were god awful), and have to say, totally worth all the effort and waiting. That was gig of the year; better than Aerosmith, better than ZZ top, absolutely amazing.

Best crowd Ive seen in a long, long time too. Serious energy front and centre of the stage. I was quite surprised by the amount of quite young people there though, the 15-18 age group. But thats a good thing :D My music taste must still be relevant! XD

Didnt have any sound issues at all. There was a couple of songs in the setlist that sucked the energy but it can be forgiven. Song for the Dead as a closer is phenomenal.

Gig of the year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Was near the front and sound was great for me, brilliant gig, and really good length too.

I was glad there was no big screen, but then i was very close to the front so i didnt need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Great gig but there was definitely something up with the sound during feet don't fail me now and the way you used to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Jesus nick hasn't been in the band in over 10 years lads. Get over it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Great gig but there was definitely something up with the sound during feet don't fail me now and the way you used to do.

I think they should have opened with that , i felt with the long intro for the song would have suited at the start of the set or opening the encore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

xpletiv wrote: »
    I travelled back from Finland to get to this gig and made it in with 5 minutes to spare (missed Broncho who apparently were god awful), and have to say, totally worth all the effort and waiting. That was gig of the year; better than Aerosmith, better than ZZ top, absolutely amazing.

Best crowd Ive seen in a long, long time too. Serious energy front and centre of the stage. I was quite surprised by the amount of quite young people there though, the 15-18 age group. But thats a good thing :D My music taste must still be relevant! XD

Didnt have any sound issues at all. There was a couple of songs in the setlist that sucked the energy but it can be forgiven. Song for the Dead as a closer is phenomenal.

Gig of the year.

Hardly gig of the year, merely a decent rock show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Sam Hain wrote:
    Hardly gig of the year, merely a decent rock show.

Good for him if he thought it was gig of the year, especially after all the effort to get there for it.

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed it myself despite the minor sound issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭adam240610

Is it just me or has there been a trend in the last few years where venues have increased the volume of the music? I saw qotsa and sigur ros in the 3 arena four years ago almost exactly and it sounded perfect and was just the right level. Last two gigs in there I was wishing for some ear plugs. Noticed the same in the olympia where everything is too loud. Not to sound like a grump haha. Was at the front middle standing to the right of two ridiculously tall people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Maybe it's cause I definitely fall into the diehard fan bracket but last night was one of the best nights of my life, only small issue is I would love for them to drop No One Knows

Did I dream they did play No One Knows?! I wasnt even that drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

mutley18 wrote: »
    Did I dream they did play No One Knows?! I wasnt even that drunk!

He means he wishes it wasn't played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

They need to play the hits for the few casual fans. I don't think they'll ever drop no one knows, make it wit chu and now the way you used to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Earplugs essential last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gijoseph wrote: »
    They need to play the hits for the few casual fans. I don't think they'll ever drop no one knows, make it wit chu and now the way you used to do.

Last night was show 10 for me, think was the 6th time for no one knows. But it is now a guaranteed staple. I wouldn't mind missing out on Go With The Flow tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

One positive for me is that in the AC/DC playlist before they came on, I had forgotten how good a song Fire Your Guns is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I thought it was a great show last night and didn't notice the sound problems that much. Although I do agree that the gig in 2013 was better. I was hoping they'd play FGHOTS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

23795689_10155520703618248_2943436671263191752_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c7acc3f9605ce66673701a90d4d05fd9&oe=5A90614C

Yoinked from Facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So the argument begins, which was a better encore, the one we got or the one on the setlist?

• Advertisement

So the argument begins, which was a better encore, the one we got or the one on the setlist?

Seltist

Advertisement