Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone Age - 3Arena Nov 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

No crowd problems but they are patting down everyone at the doors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

laros wrote: »
    No crowd problems but they are patting down everyone at the doors

Just in now. Didn't get patted down. Just asked if I had any bottles. Said no and waved through. Q seemed to pick up pace a couple of minutes after I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Looking forward to legit feedback on this. Ace gig, but sloppy as a muther****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Gig wrecked by excessive sound and mixing issues. I think Josh or Troy's guitar had issues. Pity. I also preferred the big screen they had 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

I’m not sure what he are going on about. Band perfect. Set list incredible. Sound perfect. Wow !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Good gig not great gig. Very bass heavy sound drowned other parts. Josh ramming home they picked Dublin personally to end the tour on is balls,come on man we didnt drop from the sky yesterday. Mixed setlist but good mad crowd made it more interesting.

Could have been better could have been worse.

Could have been better could have been worse.

Could have been better. Something was seriously wrong with the sound mixing. Was perfect in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thought that was great, sound was fine where I was at the back. Terrific. Misfit Love made my night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Thank god i thought i was going deaf, sound was really not good.
    It was like when you’re on a plane and your ears go dull.

Really wanted to love it as with every qotsa gig but the sound was too messed up to enjoy those songs.

Thank god i thought i was going deaf, sound was really not good.
    It was like when you’re on a plane and your ears go dull.

Really wanted to love it as with every qotsa gig but the sound was too messed up to enjoy those songs.

Bravo. Someone agrees with me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Wow. Speechless. What. A. Gig.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Sounded almost flawless to me up in the high seats except for during Like The Way You Used To and Make It Wit Chu, neither of which I’m mad about as tracks I it made no odds to me. Would’ve loved to hear Mosquito Song in lieu of one of the other slower offerings and Feelgood is always welcome but Sick, Sick Sick was mint so I’ll button me trap.

The lighting was quite cool but I preferred the screens at the 2013 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thoroughly enjoyed it myself, another one off the bucket list. Played pretty much all the songs I wanted at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was 3s & 7s played? Hope it was otherwise I had some sort of episode for a few mins. Few songs I love weren't played but overall a great gig.
    The dancing hasn't helped me get laid though Josh! Her feet are killing her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Excellent gig. Only topped by Eddie Vedder this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Fantastic gig. Last time I saw them was at Slane and should have gone to see them in the years that followed but didn’t.
    Not sure if it’s just the crap 3 arena but the sound was dodgy. Couldn’t really hear Josh’s lyrics/vocals, well not clearly and his guitar was really high in the mix.
    I was sitting upstairs to the right of centre stage. The crowd in standing made up for it with their energy. Was still a decent gig. Something gets lost in arena gigs though :(
    I’d say that type of gig in the likes of the Olympia would have been unreal...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Loved it, from start to finish. Was a bit hairy at times close to the front for lil oul 5'3" me but I survived! :D

IMG_6173.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I loved it, did find it a bit bass heavy, but I like bass so wasn't a problem, the mix was definitely off though it was still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Penfailed

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Was 3s & 7s played? Hope it was otherwise I had some sort of episode for a few mins. Few songs I love weren't played but overall a great gig.
    The dancing hasn't helped me get laid though Josh! Her feet are killing her.
    Were you planning on riding her standing up?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Sounded almost flawless to me up in the high seats except for during Like The Way You Used To and Make It Wit Chu, neither of which I’m mad about as tracks I it made no odds to me. Would’ve loved to hear Mosquito Song in lieu of one of the other slower offerings and Feelgood is always welcome but Sick, Sick Sick was mint so I’ll button me trap.

The lighting was quite cool but I preferred the screens at the 2013 gig.

Mosquito has never been played at a formal Queens show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sound on their opening song was good then seemed to get a bit odd after it.
    Sick Sick Sick was unreal.

Josh was at the patron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Fantastic gig but not a patch on 2013 .
    Defo sound issues on some tracks, make it with Chu and a couple more , very bass heavy which I love but drowned out the lyrics a bit.
    Screens would have been nice.
    Guy beside me lit up a smoke and got fecked out, also saw someone stretchered out early on, hope they're ok.
    Overall great to see but not as slick as last time..
    Tired maybe as end of tour?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thought that was a very meh gig imo. The gig in 2013 was great ,felt the setlist was fairly **** imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Enjoyed it, but with no extra songs after Regular John and then playing Make it with chu, the energy got zapped. Nowhere near bad, but 2013 was so much better.

Sound issues I didn't notice, few drinks allowed me to dance around happy out. Misfit Love was just unreal, happy out after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Saw them in 2013 3arena and 2011 Olympia and I think this was the 3rd out of those. Was standing stage left back a good bit, sound at times was just a bit distorted or not sharp I'm not sure exactly.

It was still a good gig but I just thought it wasn't as excellent as the last ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Layne

At the risk of being hunted down, tarred and feathered by diehard fans I have to say that I think this band has been on the wane for a long time.
    The loss of Nick Olivieri back in the day has zapped some of the primal energy this band once had. Joey Castillo I always thought was an amazing drummer. Having the Mark Lanegan influence both on record and appearing live occasionally made them a really interesting band.
    Sad to say I have lost interest in the last few years. I think Songs for the Deaf is one of the best albums ever recorded. That's my tuppance worth but would interested on other fans opinion.

Layne wrote: »
    At the risk of being hunted down, tarred and feathered by diehard fans I have to say that I think this band has been on the wane for a long time.
    The loss of Nick Olivieri back in the day has zapped some of the primal energy this band once had. Joey Castillo I always thought was an amazing drummer. Having the Mark Lanegan influence both on record and appearing live occasionally made them a really interesting band.
    Sad to say I have lost interest in the last few years. I think Songs for the Deaf is one of the best albums ever recorded. That's my tuppance worth but would interested on other fans opinion.

Nick abused women, Joey couldn’t keep time, Deaf is ace but not their best record.

Lanegan is a big loss, agreed.

#opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the sound issues. The sound was cat at times to be honest.

I'm a massive Queens fan, 6th time seeing them but I was honestly left very underwhelmed by that gig. I'm not sure if its the venue or what, but last time I saw them in the 3 arena I wasn't overly impressed either.
    Small intimate gigs or an outdoor venue seem to suit this band much better.

Setlist was a bit odd too. It didn't flow very well, would pick up for something upbeat and then drop for a slow song, and that happened too often.

Misfit love was a highlight though, as was regular john. Was really looking forward to fortress though, very surprised they didn't play that.

Honestly, I think the 3 Arena is just a **** venue to be honest. For a band like this anyway.

• Advertisement

I was there in 2013. Almost identical seating. Last tine was great. Big screen worked well. This time sound was way too loud. My ears were sore. Sound mixing was bad. Couldn't hear Josh's solos well and Troy's bits were distorted too. Only some songs were mixed well. A few people near me walked out after a muffled hour of music. Very annoying seeing as they played some great songs. Set design was dodgy too. No big screen is unforgivable

Advertisement