Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Quackster wrote: »
    When you get the card, you have to do a chip & pin transaction first before contactless will work.

Ah. That could be it.
    Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can get an iban for this card that you give to someone and they can put money into like a bank account.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

seligehgit wrote: »
    Rather than top up via a credit card I chose other top options and verified my identity.Chose euro. I noted the BIC and IBAN that came up and proceeded to top up via my on line current account setting up Revolut as a payee but no money seems have gone through??

If you do a bank transfer to the Revolut common euro account, it could be a few days before the money will be credited to your account. Much better to do a bank transfer to your individual Revolut euro account number as it should then hit your account within 24 hours.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

__..__ wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get an iban for this card that you give to someone and they can put money into like a bank account.

Yep, click on More > Profile > Account Details and then the euro flag.

You also get a UK sterling account number. Just click on the Union flag for that.

You also get a UK sterling account number. Just click on the Union flag for that.

Thanks. It's like a new toy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

If someone one lodges sterling to my account / card.
    Will that stay as sterling or convert to €
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

GY A1 wrote: »
    If someone one lodges sterling to my account / card.
    Will that stay as sterling or convert to €
    Cheers

It stays as sterling. You have different balances in different currencies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It stays as sterling. You have different balances in different currencies

So if I'm lodging euro and wish to buy an item off Amazon I use my euro funds but pay in sterling?

So if I'm lodging euro and wish to buy an item off Amazon I use my euro funds but pay in sterling?

Yes, it will convert it. It will not use up a partial Sterling balance and then use Euro, you will need to have the full amount to cover the transaction in Euro.

Yes, it will convert it. It will not use up a partial Sterling balance and then use Euro, you will need to have the full amount to cover the transaction in Euro.
    Thanks a lot,this may be a stupid question but is it better to opt to pay in euro or sterling at the checkout on Amazon using this card?

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot,this may be a stupid question but is it better to opt to pay in euro or sterling at the checkout on Amazon using this card?

Sterling, Amazon screw you on the exchange rate to Euro (your bank do the same if you pay in Sterling with an Irish Euro card)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Don't forget you can add credit using NFC. After seeing this thread I decided to sign up, downloaded the app (Android) and applied for a physical card, had to add Eur10 so used NFC and placed my phone onto my PTSB Visa Debit card, cash transferred after a few seconds. Just waiting on the card to arrive in the post now ;)

Also thanks OP for the heads up, this will come in handy for my annual Black Friday shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Don't forget you can add credit using NFC. After seeing this thread I decided to sign up, downloaded the app (Android) and applied for a physical card, had to add Eur10 so used NFC and placed my phone onto my PTSB Visa Debit card, cash transferred after a few seconds. Just waiting on the card to arrive in the post now ;)

Also thanks OP for the heads up, this will come in handy for my annual Black Friday shopping :)

How's that work?I've never utilised NFC on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Patww79 wrote: »
    I never knew about the NFC top-up either, mine is always switched on too.
    You use NFC to populate the card number when adding a card, and put in the CVV yourself, so it's not a true contactless transaction.

How many days does one get to pay any monies owed?Is it the usual 5% minimum payment and what rate is charged on the monies unpaid?

Can't see anything re these charges in the FAQS?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How many days does one get to pay any monies owed?Is it the usual 5% minimum payment and what rate is charged on the monies unpaid?

Can't see anything re these charges in the FAQS?

This is a debit card, not a credit card, so therefore if you have no funds on your card, then the transaction will fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just to add to this as I'm sure the question will arise.

you need funds to cover the entire transaction cost, it's not like a leap card that will let you away until next top-up if you're close.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

Just to add to this as I'm sure the question will arise.
    you need funds to cover the entire transaction cost, it's not like a leap card that will let you away until next top-up if you're close.
    Do people not understand how debit cards work
    :confused:

etselbbuns wrote: »
    Do people not understand how debit cards work
    :confused:

evidence in this thread seems to suggest otherwise. and I'd lump credit in there with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Can't you apply for Credit using the card though? I've definitely seen it in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

long_b wrote: »
    Can't you apply for Credit using the card though? I've definitely seen it in the app
    They're launching it in the app at some point. But the card is just a means of access to funds you already have in the app. The credit function is just a means of topping up your app balance.

long_b wrote: »

It’s coming soon and is greyed out in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Must you delete your existing card and then order a new one in order to get a contactless one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

tv3tg4 wrote:
    Must you delete your existing card and then order a new one in order to get a contactless one?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I use a Windows phone, but there is no Revolut app in the Windows store. Is it possible to set up an account on Windows desktop? Any other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

The only way I have found is to use an android emulator such as DuOS (amiDuos). then install google playstore, then the Revolut app. Resolution is a bit annoying though as it does not scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

stooge wrote: »
    The only way I have found is to use an android emulator such as DuOS (amiDuos). then install google playstore, then the Revolut app. Resolution is a bit annoying though as it does not scale.
    I installed DuOS, struggled with installing Google Play but finally got it. Then installed the Revolut app, but can't read a thing on the screen. This is on desktop monitor. Like you said you can't scale it down.

Wonder if it would work better installed on the Windows phone.

EDITED TO ADD: I changed the font size to HUGE and managed to scrape through. Struggled big time with the verified by Visa screen as I couldn't read the buttons. But topped up (it insisted on €100) and ordered card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement