Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I only just got a premium card in the past 3 weeks (just cancelled it now).

Does anyone know if this works to get a replacement for the standard card if you have a premium card on the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

The way the card was delivered is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thinking it'd be a handy design format for a smartphone when they make them as thin as that packaging. Hidden extra screens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

mrcheez wrote: »
    Thinking it'd be a handy design format for a smartphone when they make them as thin as that packaging. Hidden extra screens :)

It wouldn't be a thin phone then. If someone was to design a phone like that it would be the same thickness as my current phone and that is before they even install a battery. And the battery is what makes phones as thick as they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Patww79 wrote: »

My PayPal went through yesterday without any issue.

Did you delete your old card, and is Amazon still trying to charge the old card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Can you not use the new card until you physically receive it? I just had a payment of £48 declined by Amazon even though I've £63 on it. First time using the new card but I only ordered it yesterday.

I used my new card before I got it without issue . I am a new customer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Do you have location protection and the like switched on?!

Did you have exactly £48 on your GBP balance?

You may have been charged a pending amount of £1 which is used to confirm the card (you get it back later). So in reality you should have had £49 on your GBP balance at the time of charging the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

I just got mine. Tried to tap it in Tesco and it didn't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

__..__ wrote: »
    Did another card work? Tesco machines are hit and miss for all contactless payments recently, in my experience.

Did you get a notification in the app?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Did another card work? Tesco machines are hit and miss for all contactless payments recently, in my experience.

Yep. Tapped my ptsb card and that worked fine.

Never checked. Nothing popped up anyway.

Just checked the app now. No notifications in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Got my card today - love the packaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Anyone got premium? Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rather than top up via a credit card I chose other top options and verified my identity.Chose euro. I noted the BIC and IBAN that came up and proceeded to top up via my on line current account setting up Revolut as a payee but no money seems have gone through??

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That’s essentially a bank transfer you did, I’ve only ever done that once and I think it took over a day to appear on my Revolut acc. It will probably be Tuesday for you if you only did it last night or this morning, before you see it on your Revolut balance.

The quickest form of top ups are via debit or credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That’s essentially a bank transfer you did, I’ve only ever done that once and I think it took over a day to appear on my Revolut acc. It will probably be Tuesday for you if you only did it last night or this morning, before you see it on your Revolut balance.

Just wanted to check I'd done it right,ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

I've been using the android pay option to top up and its instant. very handy on your phone

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Aquos76 wrote: »

Just a comment / question on topping up via credit card. I understand there are two ways for a merchant (in this case Revolut) to set up ho they take payments from a credit card l, each with different implications for the users;

1. Like a normal retailer - retailer pays the fees at circa 2%.

2. Like an atm

What way do Revolut work?

If it’s option 1 then they are paying fees to the credit card company, eg top up by €1k from a credit card and they pay €20 plus in fees. I can’t see them haven been this option as it’s masively loss making.

If it’s option 2 then for the customer it’s like withdrawing cash from your credit card via atm-you are charged a fee and interest accrued immediately. Massive incentive to not do this as it wipes all possible savings.

Anyone able to clarify?

For example when you top up your paddy power account from your credit card it is option 2 as they don’t want their margin to be getting hit for 2%+ fees which they can avoid by getting you to top up via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I think it depends on the card used and their payment processor terms. Topping up via credit card would be a fixed rate and debit a fixed fee normally but it varies by processor.

Edit: Revolut charge a fee when topping up via credit card for that reason.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well anytime I’ve added funds with my avantcard Credit Card, it was always treated as a purchase rather than a cash advancement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

__..__ wrote: »

When you get the card, you have to do a chip & pin transaction first before contactless will work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement