Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Revolut physical card (normally €6)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

Did all your data regarding previous transactions, etc come back? Tells me all data will be removed from phone if I log out. Thanks,
    Wikey
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    The black card has nothing to do with verification, if anyone has a black card showing all the need to do is log out of the app and then log back in. Revolut will send you a six digit verification code when logging back in. Once logged back in, the black coloured card will be gone.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wikey wrote: »
    Did all your data regarding previous transactions, etc come back? Tells me all data will be removed from phone if I log out. Thanks,
    Wikey

When my wife did it on her account this evening, all her previous transactions were all still there when she logged back in along with the proper colour card.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I ordered the contactless to replace my original non contactless card. The new card being issued has a different number on it so I assume I can cut up my old Revolut card now or is it still valid until I start using the new one?

You can have multiple cards so I reckon they will both still work. I actually had to cancel my old card because it was skimmed so can't tell you for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I think you need a premium a/c to have more than 1 card?

You can have multiple cards so I reckon they will both still work. I actually had to cancel my old card because it was skimmed so can't tell you for sure.

Can’t see how it would work seen as he deleted his card so he could order his new contactless one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Bambaata wrote: »
    I think you need a premium a/c to have more than 1 card?

No, not required

If you have premium the 2nd card (spare) is free. If you only have a free account then it's €6 for each card

If you have no cards, then the first is free!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just noticed I was charged €10.10 for the €10 top up. Is this correct?

Wheety wrote: »
    Just noticed I was charged €10.10 for the €10 top up. Is this correct?

You obviously topped up via a credit card rather than a debit card or bank account.

So there's a 1% charge for CC top up? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wheety wrote: »
    So there's a 1% charge for CC top up? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it tells you that before you top up.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit strange to top up a prepaid debit card from credit, no?
    I just wanted one because everyone else had one :p
    I'm pretty sure it tells you that before you top up.
    Probably. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit strange to top up a prepaid debit card from credit, no?

One reason you might is if you needed cash in your bank account. Suppose I needed to get cash into my account to pay rent, an easy way to do it (but not the best way) would be top up my revolut from my credit card, and then back transfer back to me. It'll cost me 1% and take three days, but importantly the top up would be just like using my CC anywhere else.

If instead I just moved cash from my CC account to my current account, AIB would charge me 2% and start charging interest straight away, not at the end of the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have my card in the app and have gone through all the verification. Decided to load up today and thankfully spotted the fee before loading from credit card. Question though - I purchased a £30 amazon gift card but there are no 2 charges pending from Amazon - one for £30(€33.47) and another for £1(€1.12). Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

donnacha wrote: »
    Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

Yep... you'll be refunded in a few weeks.

It's a Pending charge, but unfortunately comes across as an actual "charge" on Revolut (i.e. you have £1 less to use as cash until the Pending charge is reversed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

What's involved in the verification
    donnacha wrote: »
    I have my card in the app and have gone through all the verification. Decided to load up today and thankfully spotted the fee before loading from credit card. Question though - I purchased a £30 amazon gift card but there are no 2 charges pending from Amazon - one for £30(€33.47) and another for £1(€1.12). Will the £1 charge vanish - i.e. is it a test transaction from Amazon after loading in a new card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

GY A1 wrote: »
    What's involved in the verification

Using the revolut app to verify you take a photo of passport and then a selfie - 15 mins later I was verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Card delivered today in post expected delivery was the 18 Oct...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Card delivered today in post expected delivery was the 18 Oct...

Snap! About to post same thing

3 days, nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Has anyone who had a card previously bought something on ebay with the new card recently?

I could have sworn previously on ebay when you pay using paypal it allowed you to pay fully in £ but now using the new number of the "free" card it always seems to revert automatically to € and converts using the very bad for the user paypal exchange rate!

I contacted Revoult about this and they say paypal are sending through in Euros and I cannot see anywhere that you can change this once you input the card number on ebay but previously I am sure it would NOT do this conversion so anyone else had the same experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

The way the card was delivered is unreal!

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Has anyone who had a card previously bought something on ebay with the new card recently?

I could have sworn previously on ebay when you pay using paypal it allowed you to pay fully in £ but now using the new number of the "free" card it always seems to revert automatically to € and converts using the very bad for the user paypal exchange rate!

I contacted Revoult about this and they say paypal are sending through in Euros and I cannot see anywhere that you can change this once you input the card number on ebay but previously I am sure it would NOT do this conversion so anyone else had the same experience?

If you get on to Paypal they can set it up as on their system as a UK card and therefore all transactions will go through as sterling, problem with that way is that any euro purchases thru Paypal will automatically be converted to sterling meaning they will work out more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

reni10 wrote: »

Probably the automatic currency conversion by PayPal:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/How-to-change-Paypal-currency-conversion-checkout/td-p/1101198

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Is this still available to order today? Don't want to cancel the card and then have to pay for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Is this still available to order today? Don't want to cancel the card and then have to pay for a new one

Seeing as I just got an email entitled "[My name removed], there's only 8,594 free Revolut cards left!" I think it's safe to say it should be! Seem to be going pretty slowly since they started with 10k and have given away <1500 so far at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What's the expiry of the newly issued cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭SteM

grogi wrote: »
    What's the expiry of the newly issued cards?

October 2022 is the date on my new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

How come there's a difference in the top up required to get the card? I've seen people on this thread say €10 is needed but everytime I try its saying that €50 is the minimum. Ps, I've my account opened for a little while but I've never had a card from them previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

SteM wrote: »
    October 2022 is the date on my new card.

Thanks. Mine (contactless) was 07/2019, so just ordered a new one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

Hurry. Only 8594 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Received my card today and the box is pretty cool. Nice touch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement