Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

vampyre wrote: »
    I know of two Valentines, (one was my English teacher) and afaik it was just they were named after the saint as they were born on that day.

Looks like noveltea read about both of them in the paper today.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I know of a Logan too. He has a sister called Charlie.

No brother Johnny?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

vampyre wrote: »
    I know of two Valentines, (one was my English teacher) and afaik it was just they were named after the saint as they were born on that day.

Used to be quite common. I knew a couple of Vals (short for Valentine) when I was growing up. I think it's a nice name.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Like everything, it's cooler in Italian - Valentino...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Beyoncé called her twins Sir Carter & Rumi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Beyoncé called her twins Sir Carter & Rumi.

Carter is their surname so I assume his name is just Sir :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

LordSutch wrote: »
    Bonkers.

That's an unusual one alright. Though there was Slightly Bonkers in Fortycoats & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Love Rumi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Royce.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Witchie wrote: »
    Love Rumi.

Sounds like a Jamaican alcoholic

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I don't like the name Dwayne. It just looks like the D shouldn't be there.
    It's usually associated with American Rednecks and Blacks, but it's actually of Irish/Gaelic origin: Dubhán.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Sounds like a Jamaican alcoholic

Or a Persian Poet and philospher....

"You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Heard a parent call after 'Miley' in the shops this morning. Big Glenroe fan maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Heard a parent call after 'Miley' in the shops this morning. Big Glenroe fan maybe.

Please God i hope so...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 houlihand

nevaeh, (heaven backwards)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My workmate's sister has just called her baby girl Pea. Because she is as sweet as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Isn't there or wasn't there some proviso that a christening name had to include some reference to a saint?

My pet hate by the way are these double barrelled ones. You know like CabenAlbi.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

heard Corey being called in Lidl the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Waiting for the deluge of new kids being called Aria, Sansa, Daenerys & Cersei

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

RoboRat wrote: »

Already happening in America. I think "Khaleesi" was one of the most popular new names. Like calling your daughter Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Stormborn O'Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Unpossible wrote: »
    Stormborn O'Connor

Ahem, but I'd prefer if you could actually, like, address me by my full name?

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen,First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea,Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons O' Connor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Its Arya, not Aria. And I already know of one idiot couple who named their child that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

rannerap wrote: »
    Its Arya, not Aria. And I already know of one idiot couple who named their child that :pac:

Does Aria have a brother called Opus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

amtc wrote: »
    Isn't there or wasn't there some proviso that a christening name had to include some reference to a saint?

I think that's (possibly) the way it is for confirmation names.

Although I'm not sure they stick to that strictly. Guess it probably depends on the parish/school/priest involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EndKore

Luke (just for the reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Noo wrote: »
    I know of an irish Rihanna who is in her late teens, maybe early 20s at this stage, so she wouldve had that name long before it was made famous. I believe the name does have some celtic origins.

Rhian is a Welsh name. Rhianna is a version of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

I know someone that named their little boy "Lucious Maximus". Kid will be tormented in school being Called Lucy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Just remebered a girl in London, Taome (short for The Apple of my eye)

Advertisement