Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Esel wrote: »
    Cecily?
    If only. Same spelling as I posted, same as the one in Italy.

Samaris wrote: »
    I like traditionally boyish names that can be girls names - Alex, Sam, etcetera.
    My sister's name is Dinny, although I think her birth cert might say Diane, but nobody has ever called her that. I'm not sure it works the other way round. I probably wouldn't call my son Raquel (no offence to male Raquels)
    Evelyn I am used enough to that Evelin would just look weird. Overall, don't like mucking around with the spelling for unyqueness.
    On a similar note, apparently Evelyn Waugh and his wife (also Evelyn Waugh) were nicknamed HEvelyn and SHEvelyn by their friends. Maybe a possible route to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I've just come across a post on Facebook with a woman giving out about her son being bullied at school..... his name is Huxley!!! I wonder why he gets bullied, what a terrible name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I've just come across a post on Facebook with a woman giving out about her son being bullied at school..... his name is Huxley!!! I wonder why he gets bullied, what a terrible name

Bet they call him fuxley. I would.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Now in fairness no kid should be bullied regardless of what name is given to them, its not like they had a choice in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

Mate worked in a hospital in New York, and said he once came across a kid called J' pronounced Japostrophe

jonnycivic wrote: »

Now in fairness no kid should be bullied regardless of what name is given to them, its not like they had a choice in it.

I'm not really advocating bullying but kids will pick on anything they can and giving your kid a stupid name just gives some kids an excuse. Huxley sounds like a 2 year old trying to say Huskey

jonnycivic wrote: »

I'm not really advocating bullying but kids will pick on anything they can and giving your kid a stupid name just gives some kids an excuse. Huxley sounds like a 2 year old trying to say Huskey

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Surely this thread calls into question the wisdom of permitting the lower orders to name their offspring at all?

I propose a naming authority be established, staffed by erudite cultured gentlemen possessed of exquisite taste (such as myself), to provide respectable names for these benighted unfortunates.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Surely this thread calls into question the wisdom of permitting the lower orders to name their offspring breed at all?

fyp

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Have met several Mason's recently and without exception they were bold cheeky spoilt little ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

poolboy wrote: »
    Have met several Mason's recently and without exception they were bold cheeky spoilt little ****s.

That's because you didn't give them the secret handshake.

Surely this thread calls into question the wisdom of permitting the lower orders to name their offspring at all?

I propose a naming authority be established, staffed by erudite cultured gentlemen possessed of exquisite taste (such as myself), to provide respectable names for these benighted unfortunates.

Here here

Well said old bean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Ptolemy

CBeebies presenter is reading out birthday cards and i $hit you not, one of them was Ptolemy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Picked something up from a lady recently that had a baby girl called Rogue.
    She explained something something that the name actually doesn't mean X but Y. She seemed a bit like she's not 100% happy with the choice of name anymore.
    Sound lass though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

LirW wrote: »
    She explained something something that the name actually doesn't mean X but Y. She seemed a bit like she's not 100% happy with the choice of name anymore.
    Sound lass though.

The first thing I would think of is Rogue from The X Men. I think it is a lovely name but I personally wouldn't name a child it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,281 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

LirW wrote: »

Best get a doctor to take a look at it

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Latacha.

Why would someone do this to their child?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

WAs in Smyths in Drogheda. Dad tells his sister to call her brother as they were going. Sister shouts down the aisle, "Axel come on we're going".....poor child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I dunno, certain scenarios would no longer have the same gravitas.
    For example:

Mother: "Gerrup ta ur fúckin room now, Genevieve!"

Or

Mother: "Gerrup ta ur fúckin room now, Rihanna!"

It wouldn't be the same swapping all the Antos, Decos and Steos for Reginalds, Walters and Hugos. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

WAs in Smyths in Drogheda. Dad tells his sister to call her brother as they were going. Sister shouts down the aisle, "Axel come on we're going".....poor child

When i was selling a car years ago the man brought his two little boys with him - Axel and Diesel.
    For their sake i wish i was joking but sadly no.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Snako wrote: »
    Mate worked in a hospital in New York, and said he once came across a kid called J' pronounced Japostrophe

This one of Jermain Jacksons kids??

Jermaine Jr,
    Jaimy,
    Jeremy,
    Jourdaynn,
    Jafaar,
    Jermajesty......

Nope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Good proper Ingerlish names is what's needed.
    http://www.infernaldreams.com/names/Europe/Medieval/Anglo_Saxon.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

retalivity wrote: »
    This one of Jermain Jacksons kids??

Jermaine Jr,
    Jaimy,
    Jeremy,
    Jourdaynn,
    Jafaar,
    Jermajesty......

Nope!

Jerhavingalaff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

What about George foremans children. He has a George foreman jr, George foreman iii, George foreman iv, George foreman v, George Foreman vi and a georgetta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Sadb wrote:
    What about George foremans children. He has a George foreman jr, George foreman iii, George foreman iv, George foreman v, George Foreman vi and a georgetta.

I bet they regularly get grilled about their names

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

MysticMonk wrote: »
    I bet they regularly get grilled about their names

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know a couple who have three children 6, 7 and 9.
    They're useless at naming children :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

I know a couple who have three children 6, 7 and 9.
    They're useless at naming children :D

That's a real coincidence!

- I have two boys, 5 and 6. We’re no good at naming things in our house. Ed Byrne

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/comedians/ken-cheng-wins-2017-daves-joke-fringe-full-list-shortlisted/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

"Nathan" has to be up there with Adolf.

Advertisement