Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

Congratulations on the new arrivals and glad to hear they are both healthy and happy!

I'm on my first day of maternity leave. I got signed off a week early as I was just finding it exhausting so technically on sick leave at the moment. I'm suffering really bad pelvic pain for the last week, not sure if the baby is lying oddly or whether its something to do with the head engaging, I'm hoping the latter.

Back in the Rotunda tomorrow so I guess I'll know more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Had my 34 week appointment at the hospital today, no news really, head is down but not engaged so could be up again tomorrow!
    I still have 4 weeks of work left so jealous of you ladies already on your maternity leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

I'm in Holles Street tomorrow for the breach clinic, presuming I'll get scanned and they'll see if they can/try turn her. Am quite nervous about the whole situation to be honest, probably the fear of the unknown if she is turned and then something goes wrong.

I'm 37 weeks on Thursday so I'm ready for her to be here now

How did today go RCK?

Babies head was engaged at my appointment this morning and is quite low so that explains the sudden onset of pelvic pain! She's measuring up for somewhere between 8 and 9lbs at full term but I know these things can be a little out so we will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I've been feeling more uncomfortable the last couple of weeks, my clothes got a bit looser and I was feeling much stronger movements high up on my bump, so I was sure baby had turned. Today though the area of the movements has changed again, so I'm hoping I'm right! Have a scan tomorrow so will see then!!

• Advertisement

anndub wrote: »
    How did today go RCK?

Babies head was engaged at my appointment this morning and is quite low so that explains the sudden onset of pelvic pain! She's measuring up for somewhere between 8 and 9lbs at full term but I know these things can be a little out so we will wait and see.

Still in the hospital, I've been scanned and baby is still breach head right up under my ribs and her feet back around in front of her face, very flexible baby!! There has been an emergency so doctor on duty has been called away to that so just have to wait around until he's back. Midwife gave the impression that all seemed ok to try and turn her so see what doc says.

Baby is currently weighing in at 7lb 2 but midwife said that can be out by 10/15% so she seems quite chunky already haha!!

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Still in the hospital, I've been scanned and baby is still breach head right up under my ribs and her feet back around in front of her face, very flexible baby!! There has been an emergency so doctor on duty has been called away to that so just have to wait around until he's back. Midwife gave the impression that all seemed ok to try and turn her so see what doc says.

Baby is currently weighing in at 7lb 2 but midwife said that can be out by 10/15% so she seems quite chunky already haha!!

Lots of chunky babies here. I was apparently weighing 6lb6oz two weeks ago so I was nervous to hear the forecast this morning!
    I hope they have some luck turning your little one, sounds like she'd be far less squashed if she did what she was told!

Lots of chunky babies here. I was apparently weighing 6lb6oz two weeks ago so I was nervous to hear the forecast this morning!
    I hope they have some luck turning your little one, sounds like she'd be far less squashed if she did what she was told!

Baby wasn't turned she's too content where she is...

couple of variable going against moving her: lower fluid pockets making it harder to turn her, the way she's lying with her head real high and her legs in front of her face would make it harder too and she'd have to be moved further as they do it in a clockwise motion. The doc couldn't really get a grip of her bottom either to try and start the move and the pressure alone from that was crazy so I decided against it.

Will be brought in for a section in 2 weeks, no set date yet will get that tomorrow when the office opens.

My OCD for being organised is happier as I know what date I'll be going in and will have everything ready to go.

Is there was any chance she will turn on her own now RCK? I defo think the certainty of a section date appeals to me!
    Ann you could go any day now! I've got a lot of pelvic pain today but I can still feel him high up so doubt he engaged overnight!!

My consultant says they can turn up to 38 weeks, but I don't know how often that happens!

• Advertisement

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Is there was any chance she will turn on her own now RCK? I defo think the certainty of a section date appeals to me!
    Ann you could go any day now! I've got a lot of pelvic pain today but I can still feel him high up so doubt he engaged overnight!!

Consultant says there's still a possibility that she could go herself but the fact she's been breach since our 21 week scan, lower fluid and the size of her etc it's unlikely but can never say never.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Congratulations on the arrivals! Wow lots of June babies becoming May babies it seems, glad everyone is being looked after well. Gosh it makes it all seem very real all of a sudden!!!!

I know what you mean about the set due date RCK, I was in last week for 34 weeks scan to check the placenta had moved out of the way and was mildly disappointed to find out that it had haha.

Baby was meausring 5lbs at that point which is apparently spot on but I find that hard to believe with my family history of 10 pounders so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I know they're often very wrong on those measurements.

Dying to get out of work now too, 3 more weeks to go after this one but have some holidays to use so will do a 4 day week each week. Nearly there!

Section has been booked for the 30th so she'll be anothe May baby, providing she doesn't turn herself!! Finishing work on the 19th so will have a bit of time before the 30th to triple check everything and try to relax!

All so very real now!!

Just updated our list with the new arrival, I wasnt sure whether to put your section on it or wait RCK!
    Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June *Baby Born 3rd May
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    Sonya4U- Wexford- EDD 9th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June

Had another scan today, baby measuring at 37 weeks, even though I'm only 34+5. We've both conceded that my actual due date is more like the 10th, so I'll be 36 weeks this weekend. Going to finish up at work next week I think, I'm just not able for it any more, especially since baby turned around.
    I'm properly packing my bag tonight too, just in case baby makes an early appearance!! , wishful thinking, I know!

Ladies all this talk of big babies and moving dates forward and section dates is making me feel like I'll be the only in June still waiting!!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Ladies all this talk of big babies and moving dates forward and section dates is making me feel like I'll be the only in June still waiting!!

My date only moved by 6 days, so it's still well into June!! and I've gone 2-3 days over with my other two boys, so I'll most certainly be June too, don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

My induction is scheduled for June 6th. I'll be 37+4 hopefully. Baby has gone head down for the moment anyway!

Got my whooping cough vaccine on Thurs and feeling crap after it- sore throat and ears and generally fluey. Anyway so worth it to protect baba- just feeling sorry for myself!

Thumpette wrote: »
    My induction is scheduled for June 6th. I'll be 37+4 hopefully. Baby has gone head down for the moment anyway!

Got my whooping cough vaccine on Thurs and feeling crap after it- sore throat and ears and generally fluey. Anyway so worth it to protect baba- just feeling sorry for myself!
    That's exciting, the finish line is in sight!

I'm kind of feeling like something might be stirring here too but I'm only 37+5 today so may just be imagining things. No obvious symptoms yet but getting very slight, period like cramps and I'm very tired.

• Advertisement

Great news Thumpette, it must feel good to have a date set.

Ah that's exciting Ann, at 37+5 you could well be on your way! Keep us posted (if you're not too busy giving birth)

I've been so crampy the last couple of days but only 36 weeks today so assume it's just getting too cramped in there.

I think it's easy to read into every little twinge at this stage and that could well be where I'm at! I'm really worried about induction as my sister had a very bad experience having been induced, we almost lost both her and the baby, so I'm very hopeful I'll go sooner rather than later

Oh that sounds awful, was it directly due to the induction?

Am I right in thinking you can refuse induction of it gets to that point?

I'm assuming if I any over and insisted they'd allow a cesarean instead. It's a fight I'd rather not have though.

The induction hormones caused the contractions to come too strong and too frequently. The baby became very distressed but she wasn't being monitored adequately as an emergency elsewhere has taken the staff's attention. By the time it was noted, the babies heart rate was slowing significantly. An emergency c-section then went wrong on she bled heavily. What could go wrong, went wrong

The poor thing, what a horrible experience!

I know what you mean, you don't want to have to have that fight when you've enough going on! Fingers crossed it won't come to that!

SadieG wrote: »
    Oh that sounds awful, was it directly due to the induction?

Am I right in thinking you can refuse induction of it gets to that point?

Not all induction stories are horror stories either though! I'd be reluctant to refuse an induction if I was advised to have one as when they broke my waters there was meconium there and my son's movements had slowed that day so I don't like to think what may have happened had I refused the induction. All turned out well thankfully

Oh absolutely briar patch, if there was a reason for induction I'd of course take their advice. I'm just not a fan of the routine inductions that I hear some hospitals dole out! Each case has to be weighed up individually!

Induction not an option for me this time anyways so fingers crossed I'll go naturally otherwise it'll be a section for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

What could go wrong, went wrong

Not quite if Mum and baby are still here to tell the tale but it must have been terrifying for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Just spotted the induction comments and wanted to offer some words to ease any worries. It sounds like your sister had a tough experience but try not to worry, baby and mum are here and that is the best outcome no matter what. It also sounds like her experience was very unusual. I was not induced but put on a drip when merconium had showed in my waters after they had broke, I was already 5 cm at that point. The drip didnt agree with baby but because of being induced so to speak I was monitored super closely and the drip rate was adjusted so that the contractions were more suitable for baby. In the end I had to have a section as despite the drip and being 10 cm baby wasnt descending, off went went and she arrived into the world six minutes later. For me the induction part of my labour was a very positive experience, baby was very closely monitored and the situation was adjusted to how she was coping. I guess I just want to say dont outright refuse induction if it has been suggested. I know it doesnt seem like it sometimes but honestly hospitals don't just recommend something for the sake of it they weigh up the options with all the information at hand and suggest the option that will be best for mummy and baby.

Advertisement