Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Cellular blankets fine for summer baby, it's more important that babies don't overheat than them being a bit cool. My son was an April baby and slept in vest and cellular blanket folded over many summer nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

SadieG wrote: »
    Do any of you non first timers have any recommendations on what bedding to get for our summer newborns?

I have cellular blankets and was about to buy a couple of low tog grobags but met a friend by chance on my way to the till who told they're dangerous for newborns so I put them back and went off to research again. Such conflicting information everywhere I'm confused by it all!!

The official gro company gro bags are whatbwe used from when our April baby hit the minimum weight (only took her until she was about 10 days old) and at 2 years old now she still has them for every nap and night time... they're brilliant and so reassuring to know they can't end up with their head stuck in under a blanket or kick the blanket up on their face

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

jlm29 wrote: »
    I got a letter yesterday saying my application for maternity benefit has been approved. I know there have been delays recently, but if I've gotten the letter, does that mean the money will probably be paid on time?

I got the acknowledgement text then a letter advising first payment was due yesterday the 22nd, but was in my bank on Saturday the 20th. Like yourself I wasn't sure if I would get it on the date on the letter but I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

RCK1406 wrote: »
    I got the acknowledgement text then a letter advising first payment was due yesterday the 22nd, but was in my bank on Saturday the 20th. Like yourself I wasn't sure if I would get it on the date on the letter but I did :)

That's grand so, I was just wondering really! If I remember from last time, I always got mine on a Saturday too, even though they said Monday. I think it depends on who you bank with as to whether it goes in to your account on the sat or the mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Clashmore wrote: »
    Can I ask when are you dye to go on Maternity Leave and when did u apply for Maternity Benefit. I am due to on Maternity Leave next Monday (29th) and applied at end of March and got an acknowledgment text on April 4th. Haven't heard anything since. If you got a letter you should receive payment on time.

My letter was there when I got home yesterday confirming my first payment would be June 5th which is when I start leave. I only applied mid April and got my text April 25th so while I'm happy mine is okay it makes me really angry on behalf of you and everyone else waiting. I was just within the 6 weeks so I was prepared for mine to be late - there's seems to be no rhyme or reason to why some are late and others aren't!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Good news ladies, postman just arrived with my Maternity Benefit letter. It will be paid from Next Monday which is the day I start Maternity Leave

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Great newstuff clashmore glad you got sorted!

I feel rubbish today my nesting energy has disappeared feel like i could sleep all day and I had a grand nights sleep last night!

Best of luck for tomorrow RCK hope you're not feeling too nervous!

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Best of luck for tomorrow RCK hope you're not feeling too nervous!

Thanks a million :)

I have been fine right up to today woke up this morning a nervous wreck, and so emotional about everything. Had my last midwife app too this morning baby's still breach but an oblique breach which apparently is a better position for a c-section... so I've to be in Holles Street for 8 in the morning but living in wicklow I'm aiming to be parked up by 7/7:15 depending on traffic and be in the hospital early!

Ah do let us know how you got on when you get a chance! I was like that on my first- totally fine until the day before my induction and I just turned into an emotional wreck, spent the day crying and worrying!
    But you'll be grand and just think this time tomorrow baby should be here!

• Advertisement

Ah good luck RCK, I imagine it's really emotional but no doubt you'll do great! Can't wait to hear the update when you have a chance!

Ah good luck RCK, I imagine it's really emotional but no doubt you'll do great! Can't wait to hear the update when you have a chance!

Thanks a mil :)

Hopefully this time tomorrow she'll be here, and all the anxiety will be gone. I'll update everyone here when I get the chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

RCK1406 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil :)

Hopefully this time tomorrow she'll be here, and all the anxiety will be gone. I'll update everyone here when I get the chance :)

Hope the little lady has arrived safely RCK!

I'm into my 7 day countdown to induction now! Still freaked but delighted to be so close. My belly looked like a mad cone this morning and I got an awful fright but he's moving away as normal.

That's funny Thumpette do you think he was in some kind of strange position?!

I have to have the GTT tomorrow and am dreading it, such a wuss when it comes to needles!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hope the little lady has arrived safely RCK!

I'm into my 7 day countdown to induction now! Still freaked but delighted to be so close. My belly looked like a mad cone this morning and I got an awful fright but he's moving away as normal.

Still waiting :(:( haven't been called to theatre yet and have been in since half 7 were now last to be called hopefully soon but who knows.

Starving, tired and cranky is not a good combination when pregnant!!

Finally our little girl, Zarah, arrived yesterday evening at 5:56pm, 7lbs 12oz! She's a little doll, can't stop staring at her!!

Hope everyone else is keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

Huge congrats RCK. Beautiful name. Hope you are both doing well

Congratulations to you all, and well done Mama!

Congratulations! Hope you are recovering well!

• Advertisement

Congrats!
    1 day till June!

Happy due month!

We had a bit of a mind melt yesterday. Plan was induction on Tuesday but baby's head is still very far up so she's asked us to delay. It's crap when we've been working towards that date and I'm terrified something will go wrong between Tuesday and whatever date we go in.

Going to push for it still to be next week. Thinking of asking for a scheduled section but getting examined before going yo theatre and if things look more favourable then try induction.

Ah that's a bit headwrecking when you had a date in your head for so long.
    I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes yesterday so I'm all over the place now too!

Oh girls, that's the last this either of you needs! Thumpette, fingers crossed baby will move along down nice and quickly over the next couple of days for you!!!
    I'm having the most relaxing couple of weeks off, so glad I finished up at work when I did, I'm supposed to still be there now! I'm getting lots of little jobs done, but taking it nice and easy too! My 18 month old has taken to getting up very very early, which isn't my style, so it's nice to be able to go back to bed during the day for a little nap!
    Happy due month!

I also finished earlier than planned and am so glad I did!

Back to the rotunda tomorrow to meet the dietician , I'm really hoping he will just pop out any day now so I dont have to go through more bloods!

Anndub -any signs yet?!!

Having been told last week it looked like things were starting, yesterday she had twisted herself into the back to back position and moved further up out of my pelvis! I wasn't aware that could happen.

A bit disappointing but she looked healthy and happy on the scan and is very active so I guess she'll come when she's ready. Took a good long walk this morning to try and get her back down. I think I'll do another half hour this evening. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've been trying to avoid the back to back position this time as my first was faced that way, Google thread the needle pregnancy yoga pose and al so getting down on all fours and making a figure of 8 with your body is supposed to help according to my yoga teacher !

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I've been trying to avoid the back to back position this time as my first was faced that way, Google thread the needle pregnancy yoga pose and al so getting down on all fours and making a figure of 8 with your body is supposed to help according to my yoga teacher !

I was the same last time- my first was OP too, and he was hard to get out!!! I think the polar bear position is also recommended. Check out the spinning babies website.

Thanks both. I spent the night kneeling over my birthing ball but will try these out too.

I wonder is it common with first babies. I know it makes the exit more difficult. Not relishing that thought as she's looking plump as it is!

• Advertisement

Well hopefully she will turn back around, don't worry yet! On my first, I was booked in for induction at 3 days over, because he was big, and the consultant felt I'd have more chance of "getting him out myself" if he came sooner rather than later and didn't get much bigger. As it happened I started myself two days before induction was booked!

Advertisement