Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

We have a very healthy 8lb 7oz baby girl born yesterday morning after a long, hard, labour. My waters broke on Thursday evening and contractions started around midnight that night.

By Friday evening, when I was scheduled to be induced, they are pretty unbearable but I was showing no signs of dilation. Long story short, back to back caused a few issues and she ended up being born at 11.30 am yesterday using ventouse and forceps so we are both battered and bruised!

Needless to say a very happy and relieved Mammy and Daddy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

Congratulations Ann! Delighted to hear of her safe arrival , hope ye both heal up well !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Brilliant news. Well done, and congratulations to you all!

My feet look like balloons. I never remember this happening me before!! I don't know if it's because it's summer or what, but I look like I need water tablets!!!
    Going shopping for a double buggy tomorrow, and I think I should to get a sling too for running around after an adventurous toddler! Not long now!

Updating our list with the newest arrivals!
    Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May* Baby girl born 03rd June
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June * Baby girl born 30th May
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June *Baby Born 3rd May
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    Sonya4U- Wexford- EDD 9th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June

JLM my feet have been like that since the hot weather last week , I don't think they're going to go down now until baby makes an appearance. Zero signs of impending labour here so far :-(

• Advertisement

BriarPatch wrote: »
    Updating our list with the newest arrivals!
    Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May* Baby girl born 03rd June
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June * Baby girl born 30th May
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June *Baby Born 3rd May
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    Sonya4U- Wexford- EDD 9th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June

JLM my feet have been like that since the hot weather last week , I don't think they're going to go down now until baby makes an appearance. Zero signs of impending labour here so far :-(

I have to say, I'll be quite happy for baby to stay put for another week or so. I'm really enjoying the down time. Though I was a bit aggrieved when i realised (about 3 days ago) that today was a bank holiday and I'd have my two kids At home with me. I have a few little jobs that I really want to get done this week, and I hadn't factored that I couldn't do any of them today! I'm not officially due for another two weeks, but baby is measuring very big, so my doctor reckoned the dates could be out by a week or more.,My first scan was quite late, and apparently dating scans get less accurate as the weeks go by, so anything is possible!
    This rain is a killer when one must wear flip flops!

Yea I still need to get my hair colour done and a few other things to do, I think last week when they told me baby was measuring 4 weeks ahead I just thought he'll be here any day now!

I had big plans to get hair and nails sorted last Friday too Briarpatch! But a few split ends and badly peeling shellac are a small price to pay for the new arrival.

How's everyone else getting on now? Any movement?

I naively thought my swelling would be gone down by now but my husband had great fun trying to wedge my feet into runners yesterday leaving the hospital! The stitches and general discomfort are leaving me a little immobile so that's probably slowing it down.

I have to say that the wave of love that has hit has really knocked me. It was impossible for me to imagine the incredible emotion a tiny being could instantly generate until it happened!

That's a lovely post Ann!

Did you have a longer than usual stay in hospital?

Hair is done now so I'm ready for him!

I had a lot of trouble getting her to latch so with feeding not being really established they suggested I stay an extra night. I'm expressing at the moment. The first few days were tough because the colostrum needed hand expressing but I was determined to give it to her.

The public health nurse called this morning and she is dropping back Friday to see can we get a handle on it. If we don't it's not the end of the world but I'll be happier knowing I gave it a fair shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Anndub if you don't get it sorted with the PHN's help try a lactation consultant, Cuidiu or La Leche League, or local breastfeeding groups.

Thanks spottybanana. I'm going to look down all avenues. She's thriving either way so at this stage it's more about convenience. I'm beginning to feel like a milk machine. Seem to be flat out expressing!

Expressing does lend to the milk machine/dairy cow feelings alright :) Hopefully you get it sorted soon, expressing adds so much unfortunate faff and extra work!

Ann did your morning sickness return during labour? I woke up with a pain this morning and my body started wretching!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi everyone. Just a little happy update. Baby Flynn arrived into the world just before 2pm yesterday weighing in at 6 pound 15 at 37+5 weeks. Wasn't due to be induced until today but my anxiety about his movement peaked again on Monday so they kept me in and started gels on Tuesday. 2 sets of gels later and nothing was happening but after lots of squats, lunges and walking of corridors my waters went themselves at midnight Tuesday. Was hoping that would kick start things but contractions were still mild, randomly spaced and short. Thought we were heading for a section on weds but consultant convinced me to give oxytocin a go. Within 10 mins of the first drip at 11 contractions were coming hard and fast. I mostly stood and did circles with my hips and lots of deep breathing with some ball bouncing too. Midwives got a little concerned when baby was sleeping for a while so I lay on my left side to give him the best blood flow which wasn't the best for contractions. After 2 hours I didn't feel like I could cope without the epidural and I wasn't liking the gas and sir. Epidural dude was called but was delayed. Just as he was about to get started I got the urge to push. Firstly they told me not to as I was 5cm but then I went to 10 instantly! 2 pushes later and Flynn was born!

He's amazing and we're besotted. I wish his big brother was here to meet him but we'll always tell him about Max. Just can't stop staring at him- I dont know if I ever believed hed be ok. Trying to breast feed which I'm struggling with as he's a bit lazy and I'm terrified he's not getting enough but besides that it's amazing and he's amazing and I'm on cloud 9.

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just a little happy update. Baby Flynn arrived into the world just before 2pm yesterday weighing in at 6 pound 15 at 37+5 weeks. Wasn't due to be induced until today but my anxiety about his movement peaked again on Monday so they kept me in and started gels on Tuesday. 2 sets of gels later and nothing was happening but after lots of squats, lunges and walking of corridors my waters went themselves at midnight Tuesday. Was hoping that would kick start things but contractions were still mild, randomly spaced and short. Thought we were heading for a section on weds but consultant convinced me to give oxytocin a go. Within 10 mins of the first drip at 11 contractions were coming hard and fast. I mostly stood and did circles with my hips and lots of deep breathing with some ball bouncing too. Midwives got a little concerned when baby was sleeping for a while so I lay on my left side to give him the best blood flow which wasn't the best for contractions. After 2 hours I didn't feel like I could cope without the epidural and I wasn't liking the gas and sir. Epidural dude was called but was delayed. Just as he was about to get started I got the urge to push. Firstly they told me not to as I was 5cm but then I went to 10 instantly! 2 pushes later and Flynn was born!

He's amazing and we're besotted. I wish his big brother was here to meet him but we'll always tell him about Max. Just can't stop staring at him- I dont know if I ever believed hed be ok. Trying to breast feed which I'm struggling with as he's a bit lazy and I'm terrified he's not getting enough but besides that it's amazing and he's amazing and I'm on cloud 9.

I'm so glad for you. Well done, and huge congratulations! Enjoy every minute! Don't be afraid to find support for breastfeeding, it's the only way!!

I was back to the hospital for a review today, baby is well down and ready to go. I'm technically only 38+6 today, but since my dates were always a bit ambiguous, to say the least, baby could come any day!

Ah congrats Thumpette, I've been thinking about you and whether they went ahead with your induction or not so delighted to read this happy update, can only imagine the relief you feel now!

Huge congratulations Thumpette. New babies tummies are absolutely tiny, the size of a marble, so they need very little in the first days/week, the colostrum is small but mighty and contains all the nutrients they need. Once he's having wet and dirty nappies don't be concerned about him getting enough, there are some great images that show the size of baby's tummy in the first days but I can't find any right now. Just do lots of skin to skin and enjoy your little boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Massive congrats to you, Thumpette. So pleased he's safely in your arms x

Huge congrats Thumpette. That's great news. Lots of June babies arriving now!

On the feeding, they encouraged me to hand express colostrum in the rotunda so I could see how much she was getting and it also kept my supply up. We supplemented with formulas a couple of times until my milk came in. It's a laborious process but I can't believe how much she's grown in a week and I'm pretty sure we'll be feeding fine by the end of the weekend so if you're up to it, that might be worth a shot.

Briarpatch, I had a few days in the fortnight before where I was really nauseous and convinced it was the start of labour. I threw up during labour a couple of times too so you never know!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congratulations Thumpette, you deserve every happiness x

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Congratulations Thumpette, delighted for ye.

[QUOTE=anndub;103753770).

Briarpatch, I had a few days in the fortnight before where I was really nauseous and convinced it was the start of labour. I threw up during labour a couple of times too so you never know![/QUOTE]

Thanks Ann! Still nothing to report except he's right on my bladder all the time now and I constantly feel like i need to pee even though I don't! Back in rotunda on Monday so will see what they have to say!

I'm so wrecked! I just want to sleep for a week!!!
    I also want to clean!!! I don't know which urge is going to win out today!

Which urge won out jlm? !

I had a sweep at my appointment today, feeling most uncomfortable now but dying to see if it works!

Which urge won out jlm? !

I had a sweep at my appointment today, feeling most uncomfortable now but dying to see if it works!

I just sat around the place yesterday, giving my kids way too much screen time! I came home after dropping them off this morning and slept all morning, but then I did wash the floors and do a few other bits, so I don't feel too bad today.

Hopefully things will get going for you. I'm back to the hosp on thur. I'd say I could be still here waiting this day week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Hi girls, just an update that our baby girl was born in on Tuesday evening, healthy 7lb8.

Contractions started Monday at about 4pm, called the midwives at about 3am when they started to get intense and close and on their advice we went into holles street at 5am. Still no dilation though and only got to 1cm at 1pm Tuesday. I gave in and took the epidural and oxytocin at about 3pm when nothing was moving. She arrived smoothly and in the end very quickly at 8pm! We're all home now and very happy, barely slept but the hormones must be doing their job as so far coping ok! Feeding has been ok so far, getting quite sore but no major issues yet thankfully!

Hope the rest of you are doing good!

Congrats SadieG our babies share a birthday!
    My waters broke at 1am on Monday night/Tues morning and my little boy was born at 6pm on Tuesday the 13th with a vacuum and forceps delivery so I feel bruised to say the least but just delighted he is here. Weighed 9lb 2 at 39 weeks!

Congrats SadieG our babies share a birthday!
    My waters broke at 1am on Monday night/Tues morning and my little boy was born at 6pm on Tuesday the 13th with a vacuum and forceps delivery so I feel bruised to say the least but just delighted he is here. Weighed 9lb 2 at 39 weeks!

Congratulations, and well done! I think I'm going to have to smoke this one out!

• Advertisement

I didn't think mine was coming out but when I had the sweep on Monday he did say that he thought baby was on the way!

Advertisement