Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

Did mine online this morning :) Photo with phone and emailed to my PC. Cropped it and it uploaded fine! No issues at all! Got confirmation email with tracking number! Happy days!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is it just me or is that a very significant price increase for a child's passport?

• Site Banned Posts: 34 Melt Forward

My 10 year passport expires today

Do i need to get a new one ie pay the full amount?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cheers

You can renew online now.

It will still cost you the normal price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Cheers

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 34 Melt Forward

When you say renew do I have to submit new photos and documents and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

When you say renew do I have to submit new photos and documents and stuff?
    new photo, but since yesterday you can do it online and avoid needing all the documents.

As for getting it cheaper because its now expired, why would that be the case ? If you need a new passport you pay the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

All explained here..... https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm in a bit of a panic about my passport renewal. I sent it off a while ago and I checked the tracking number. It says the 6th on it but that's the day of my flight at 11.25. Is it possible to arrive earlier than that? :panic mode:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Would suggest to change you flight, very unlikely to get it before the ETA date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a panic about my passport renewal. I sent it off a while ago and I checked the tracking number. It says the 6th on it but that's the day of my flight at 11.25. Is it possible to arrive earlier than that? :panic mode:

Call them and see can you collect state your issue they may be able to advise better.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

_Godot_ wrote: »

I was told last week to ignore the system date and speak to the office. The lady said it takes up to 10days for it to be updated. It says mine are due to be issued on 25th April. She told me we can collect them on the 10th. We travel on the 12th.

Call them or call into the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I'm taking photos of my babies for their passports (no easy task). I've gotten decent photos but i had to use the flash on the camera. The flash is visible in the pupil of their eyes like a white dot but there's no red eye. Does anyone know if these photos will be accepted with the flash the way it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

screamer wrote: »
    I'm taking photos of my babies for their passports (no easy task). I've gotten decent photos but i had to use the flash on the camera. The flash is visible in the pupil of their eyes like a white dot but there's no red eye. Does anyone know if these photos will be accepted with the flash the way it is?

You really ought to bring your baby to a chemist to have the photos taken, rather than doing it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

fxotoole wrote: »
    You really ought to bring your baby to a chemist to have the photos taken, rather than doing it yourself

Our local chemist told us to take the photos ourselves because with babies that can't sit it's very hard for them to get a photo, esp trying to keep them still too! They told us to take them and then they'd print them proper size and crop etc.

Screamer, they seem to be extremely fussy on the photos in the passport office though so I'd think about retaking them without the flash if you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Applied for my sons first passport 24 Feb. Turnaround for new passports at that stage was 17 working days. Has only just been dispatched today and I am freaking out cause we are travelling to US on Thursday. Can I be guaranteed delivery of it tomorrow? Am in Dublin. 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Sit the baby in a high chair with a white pillow case covering the back. That has them up right and still with white background.

When we were getting our new borns passport photo taken we took her to the chemist in her car seat and used the same principal. Perfect photo first go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Has anyone who applied online been able to track progress of application.
    Impossible to get an answer from the passport office.
    here is what I get when I check:

The application number entered does not exist in our database. Please enter your passport application number again.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

The application number entered does not exist in our database. Please enter your passport application number again.

Glad it's not just me! I sent mine through passport express a week ago and am still getting this message. I'm guessing it hasn't even reached the "Entered on System" stage yet! I've sent them a query (online and twitter DM) so will see what the response is.

Glad it's not just me! I sent mine through passport express a week ago and am still getting this message. I'm guessing it hasn't even reached the "Entered on System" stage yet! I've sent them a query (online and twitter DM) so will see what the response is.

I applied online though, not through the post office. They said "you can check progress from tomorrow" that was sent to me last wednesday, still nothing. You would think they would at least try to answer people to stop them stressing. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I applied online though, not through the post office. They said "you can check progress from tomorrow" that was sent to me last wednesday, still nothing. You would think they would at least try to answer people to stop them stressing. :(:(

I'm less stressed now that I see a few others on here have that issue too. They are now busy answering queries like mine on twitter - they should simply say "on-line tracking is currently out of service" or something and we'd all stop checking and bothering them!

Seems there are some IT issues still to be resolved: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102639414&postcount=8160

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

when I did my application online on the new system there on Thursday, I had that message straight away when I used the confirmation number, but after an hour it was telling me it'd be processed by a certain date.

If your number isn't being recognised then maybe double check you're entering it properly.
    You should also have received an email straight away. If you didn't get that I'd seriously suspect your application didn't go into the system in the first place.

when I did my application online on the new system there on Thursday, I had that message straight away when I used the confirmation number, but after an hour it was telling me it'd be processed by a certain date.

If your number isn't being recognised then maybe double check you're entering it properly.
    You should also have received an email straight away. If you didn't get that I'd seriously suspect your application didn't go into the system in the first place.

I got the email and they took the payment but still getting the same line when I enter the number , I have entered it manually and c&p, same result. :mad:

Edit: quoted the wrong post, disregard

ElectraX wrote: »
    Applied for my sons first passport 24 Feb. Turnaround for new passports at that stage was 17 working days. Has only just been dispatched today and I am freaking out cause we are travelling to US on Thursday. Can I be guaranteed delivery of it tomorrow? Am in Dublin. 😱😱

It's next day delivery within the Republic of Ireland, so you'll have it in tomorrow's post, unless you live on the Arran Islands or some such remote region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I applied online on the Wednesday evening, my application is complete and I have An Post tracking numbers for my passport and passport book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

There is an understandable level of leniency from the Passport Office when it comes to baby photos so dont worry.

Regarding tracking numbers you are not the only one applying! Due to the volume received they simply havent got to yours yet so again dont worry.

I applied online on the Wednesday evening, my application is complete and I have An Post tracking numbers for my passport and passport book.

Just an update, passport office have replied to my online form question and they cannot find any evidence of my application, who could believe that, now they are looking for card used info, in the hope they can find my application, If it was going to happen to someone, then it will be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Applied for a Passport Card on Saturday evening. It arrived in the post this morning. Can't ask for much more than that. I'm not sure if it is relevant but my passport book has more than five years left on it, and I've never had to report a passport book lost or stolen, I don't know if that would speed things up, or if it is that fast anyway.

The tracking estimated issue date is next monday even though I have it in my hands. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement