Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

PN87 wrote: »
    Hi would anyone here in the know be aware if turnaround times for express renewals are significantly out?
    Read comments from FG TD Alan Farrell today that in reality turnaround times are 25-30 days at the moment due to huge demand.
    I used express myself and left 19 working days before travel but am a bit concerned due to the above.
    Can you share a link to where he says 25-30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PN87

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Can you share a link to where he says 25-30 days?

Hi cdsb46,
    It won't let me post a link as a new member but should show up as the first result if you google Alan Farrell passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Not much delays as people claim. I went up last friday with all relevant information, and as long as you have everything A1 they usually tell you when to come pick it up, thats if you do go to the actual passport office though.. worth your while especially travelling sooon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Not much delays as people claim. I went up last friday with all relevant information, and as long as you have everything A1 they usually tell you when to come pick it up, thats if you do go to the actual passport office though.. worth your while especially travelling sooon..

Applications lodged via an appointment are not where the claimed delays are happening. It's Passport Express where the delays are claimed to be happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Got my renewal passport the other day, arrived in the post on the 15th working day after application in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

We're getting a first passport for our infant but the date on the system is after our flight. Will this date be updated as they process things or is that it? Can I cancel the passport Express and call to the office instead?

timmaii wrote: »
    We're getting a first passport for our infant but the date on the system is after our flight. Will this date be updated as they process things or is that it? Can I cancel the passport Express and call to the office instead?

Afraid not, should have checked the turnaround times before submitting the application. You cannot swap services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

First passports take significantly longer than renewals and are next to impossible to expedite in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

athtrasna wrote: »
    First passports take significantly longer than renewals and are next to impossible to expedite in my experience

No next about it. First time applicants can not avail of the expedited service.

• Advertisement

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    No next about it. First time applicants can not avail of the expedited service.

Not quite true. TDs still can get them expedited in certain circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Not quite true. TDs still can get them expedited in certain circumstances.

Well they got rid of the fast track queue for TDs at Molesworth Street years ago

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Well they got rid of the fast track queue for TDs at Molesworth Street years ago

There's still a parliamentary services contact

There's still a parliamentary services contact

Still won't get an application expedited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I live in the UK at the moment, and I have asked for my new passport to be delivered to my UK address. However, I will be travelling on the date when it is due to arrive.

Does anybody know if the Irish Passport Office send passports via ordinary Royal Mail (even just recorded delivery), or whether they send it via some service whereby I have to physically receive it in person, proving my ID at the time?

My worry is Her Majesty's Royal Mail or Yodel or somebody will return it to the Passport Office after a week or so and then it'll disappear in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vivasorrvega

Hi all,

I am travelling to the US on Friday. A pen leaked in my bag and now there is some ink on the pages of my passport. I need to submit passport info with Aer Lingus 72 hours before flying out (so on Tuesday). Does anyone know if I go to the office on Monday morning will I be able to get one the same day?

Hi all,

I am travelling to the US on Friday. A pen leaked in my bag and now there is some ink on the pages of my passport. I need to submit passport info with Aer Lingus 72 hours before flying out (so on Tuesday). Does anyone know if I go to the office on Monday morning will I be able to get one the same day?

No, I am afraid you won't qualify for the rapid renewal service as your travel date is not till Friday. Plus you need to have an appointment to submit an application in the office

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I live in the UK at the moment, and I have asked for my new passport to be delivered to my UK address. However, I will be travelling on the date when it is due to arrive.

Does anybody know if the Irish Passport Office send passports via ordinary Royal Mail (even just recorded delivery), or whether they send it via some service whereby I have to physically receive it in person, proving my ID at the time?

My worry is Her Majesty's Royal Mail or Yodel or somebody will return it to the Passport Office after a week or so and then it'll disappear in their system.

Did you have to send a stamped addressed envelope with your application? The passport goes to the embassy in the diplomatic bag and is then posted out from there.

If that isn't a signed for delivery method it should just be delivered, if not you'll have to go to your local sorting office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Did you have to send a stamped addressed envelope with your application? The passport goes to the embassy in the diplomatic bag and is then posted out from there.

If that isn't a signed for delivery method it should just be delivered, if not you'll have to go to your local sorting office.

This is what I am asking. Is it a signed for delivery method, or is it just delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vivasorrvega

cdsb46 wrote: »
    No, I am afraid you won't qualify for the rapid renewal service as your travel date is not till Friday. Plus you need to have an appointment to submit an application in the office

Thanks. I am flying to the US though and need to submit passport details 72 hours before the flight (so by Tuesday) and will need to complete an ESTA on Tuesday also. I have booked an appointment for tomorrow and will explain that I need passport details by Tuesday in order to comply with the timelines for submitting passport info.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I am flying to the US though and need to submit passport details 72 hours before the flight (so by Tuesday) and will need to complete an ESTA on Tuesday also. I have booked an appointment for tomorrow and will explain that I need passport details by Tuesday in order to comply with the timelines for submitting passport info.

The Rapid Renewal Service is based on your actual travel date, you will be turned away at your appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Hi...Im sure this has been asked somewhere in this forum. I have booked online a return flight to greece with 2 different airlines (Ryanair and Aegean). My passport shows my middle name but I booked flights with just my first name and surname as that was all I was asked for online. Do you think I will have a problem? thanks

I thought name on ticket must exactly match name on passport

ok...thanks for that

Im planning on traveling to The Netherlands in May.

My passport, I just noticed is due for renewal in June of this year.

Will I be ok to travel?
    I have it somewhere in my mind, that it needs at least 6 months remaining on it for travel.
    Am I right?

or will I be okay for travel?

Thanks

Jake1 wrote: »
    Im planning on traveling to The Netherlands in May.

My passport, I just noticed is due for renewal in June of this year.

Will I be ok to travel?
    I have it somewhere in my mind, that it needs at least 6 months remaining on it for travel.
    Am I right?

or will I be okay for travel?

Thanks

You'll be fine. Not such rules within the EU

You'll be fine. Not such rules within the EU

Thank you.
    I suppose I should have added, that I was a concerned because Im traveling with Ryanair. :)

I know the can be very pernickety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Makes no difference. Once the passport is valid, you're fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement