Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Anyone know of any problems bringing kids back through Dublin passport control without passports?
    Online tracker says expected delivery is tomorrow but we travel tomorrow so if they don't arrive today we will have to go without them, the passports that is not the kids.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

How do you propose getting the kids out of the country without their passports?

Only travelling to UK so hastily rearranged flights out of Belfast. Returning to Dublin with Aer Lingus who don't require passport id for children. It's only the happy looking people of passport control of be worried about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm travelling 5 weeks from today. Was going to submit my 3 year old daughters passport renewal application on Saturday via passport express but woman in post office told me wait time is up to 6 weeks at the moment. She recommended printing off flight details and sending it in with the application.

Was going to do that today but I've heard you can go in and queue up if you have to travel within 15 days. I was wondering would I be better off holding off and trying to do that in a couple of weeks? If I submit via passport express will that mean I'll be screwed if there is any delays because I won't be able to get it out of that system?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

I'm travelling 5 weeks from today. Was going to submit my 3 year old daughters passport renewal application on Saturday via passport express but woman in post office told me wait time is up to 6 weeks at the moment. She recommended printing off flight details and sending it in with the application.

Was going to do that today but I've heard you can go in and queue up if you have to travel within 15 days. I was wondering would I be better off holding off and trying to do that in a couple of weeks? If I submit via passport express will that mean I'll be screwed if there is any delays because I won't be able to get it out of that system?

Waiting for childs first passport we applied for over 2 weeks ago with An Post, still waiting and looks like we wont have it for flights next week.
    We can't even go to counter and apply because getting out of the system takes ages as well. I'd advise going to the desk in person, its what we should have done :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

As it's a renewal you may be able to do it online. Fastest turnaround by far

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

You need to book an appointment before coming to the public office to submit an application www.passportappointments.ie

fuse wrote: »
    Waiting for childs first passport we applied for over 2 weeks ago with An Post, still waiting and looks like we wont have it for flights next week.
    We can't even go to counter and apply because getting out of the system takes ages as well. I'd advise going to the desk in person, its what we should have done :(

First passports take significantly longer than renewals. Think the current time is almost 5 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

athtrasna wrote: »
    As it's a renewal you may be able to do it online. Fastest turnaround by far

I am not able to do it online because she is only 3 unfortunately.
    cdsb46 wrote: »
    You need to book an appointment before coming to the public office to submit an application www.passportappointments.ie

Yes I was aware of that thanks. I think I'll just submit via passport express and if I don't get it within 4 weeks then go into them, just worried they won't be able to do anything at that point because it will be 'in the system' and too late to get it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lost my last passport. Have to go to the Garda station and get the forms and pics signed. Can someone else apply via the post office for me if the forms etc are all in order? Would rather not take hours of work if I don't need to

One more for ya! Can I apply online if my last passport is lost?

Edit, needs to be signed by the guards so I assume not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

I've applied for new passport, several weeks ago, but haven't got the ID documents back yet. Are these returned with the new passport anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MichaelFzHD

Hi all really need help and don't know where else to try, the passport office are useless sent a couple of emails and tried ringing them several times in the past few days and cant get through. Basically I'm meant to be going away on the 20th I sent my passport away for renewal last month and I have a feeling I wont get it on time.I was told I could get an emergency one but they have my old passport? Does anyone know if I could walk in and just collect it rather then them have it sent out in the post, the target issued date is the 19th. Also could i still get an emergency one even tho they have my old one?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    One more for ya! Can I apply online if my last passport is lost?

Edit, needs to be signed by the guards so I assume not :(

Yes you can use the online service once you are over 18, no need to go to the garda station

Sorry, just reading back.... I lost my passport and it expired... can I renew online?

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Yes you can use the online service once you are over 18, no need to go to the garda station

Yes!!! Deadly :)

Thank you :)

Anyone had major issues with the Passport Office's LiveChat service? Was trying for ages to get through to someone today; at one point it told me I was #5 in the queue and then (without me exiting the screen or refreshing or doing anything at all) I was at #53 all of a sudden. :rolleyes: Also tried tweeting them, both @mentions and by DM - nothing.

I'm not travelling abroad but I do need to have photo ID as I'm sitting an exam on the 18th. I don't have any other form of photo ID. My estimated issue date was the 7th and when I enter my tracking number it still gives me that date. I mean, is it really too much to ask for an up-to-date estimate? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone had major issues with the Passport Office's LiveChat service? Was trying for ages to get through to someone today; at one point it told me I was #5 in the queue and then (without me exiting the screen or refreshing or doing anything at all) I was at #53 all of a sudden. :rolleyes: Also tried tweeting them, both @mentions and by DM - nothing.

I'm not travelling abroad but I do need to have photo ID as I'm sitting an exam on the 18th. I don't have any other form of photo ID. My estimated issue date was the 7th and when I enter my tracking number it still gives me that date. I mean, is it really too much to ask for an up-to-date estimate? :(

Apply for a LUAS ID card
    https://www.luas.ie/assets/files/forms/ID%20form.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Hi all really need help and don't know where else to try, the passport office are useless sent a couple of emails and tried ringing them several times in the past few days and cant get through. Basically I'm meant to be going away on the 20th I sent my passport away for renewal last month and I have a feeling I wont get it on time.I was told I could get an emergency one but they have my old passport? Does anyone know if I could walk in and just collect it rather then them have it sent out in the post, the target issued date is the 19th. Also could i still get an emergency one even tho they have my old one?

Contact them on Live Chat or Twitter to alert them to the fact that you're travelling on 20th. Depending on how far along your application is, and how swamped they are, they may or may not move your application along and/or make it available for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BALLYWILLIAM

Hello all,

I went to my local Garda Station last night to get a passport renewal form only to be told I can now do this online? Just curious if anyone has tried it OR is it better to try the old fashioned way?

TIA

Hello all,

I went to my local Garda Station last night to get a passport renewal form only to be told I can now do this online? Just curious if anyone has tried it OR is it better to try the old fashioned way?

TIA

5 working day turnaround v 17 working day for traditional and it's cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

So i recently got the new passport card. Subsequently deleted app.
    Told all my family about this great nifty app and showed off swanky card.
    They all want one, but i cant find app on the itunes app store? Can anybody? If so, can i get a link, please.?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Paris in July. My Passport expires in October of this year. I hear that in some countries, your passport won't be accepted if it is 6 months from the expiry date. Will this affect me?

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Paris in July. My Passport expires in October of this year. I hear that in some countries, your passport won't be accepted if it is 6 months from the expiry date. Will this affect me?

You can travel within the EU till the expiry date of your passport

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

First time applicant for child, tracked it online and it's a 41 day turnaround to the expected date of dispatch to us.

Oh and I had to send my passport too, which means I won't be leaving the country in a hurry.

• Advertisement

milhous wrote: »
    First time applicant for child, tracked it online and it's a 41 day turnaround to the expected date of dispatch to us.

Oh and I had to send my passport too, which means I won't be leaving the country in a hurry.

41 day or 41 working day? Passport issue times are always in terms of working days. Department advice is to leave six weeks from application to issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement