Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

athtrasna wrote: »
    41 day or 41 working day? Passport issue times are always in terms of working days. Department advice is to leave six weeks from application to issue

41days altogether tbf. Received date the 30th March and dispatch date 9th May.. Suppose it adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

milhous wrote: »
    41days altogether tbf. Received date the 30th March and dispatch date 9th May.. Suppose it adds up.

I applied on the same day and got the same estimated issue date and our flight date is May 8th. I'm hoping (probably against the odds) that it gets turned around a few days ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

domcq wrote: »
    I applied on the same day and got the same estimated issue date and our flight date is May 8th. I'm hoping (probably against the odds) that it gets turned around a few days ahead of time.

We were hoping to get away on 10th May, just postponed holiday until June. Slightly more expensive but atleast we don't have to worry. I wonder what the insurance companies refund policy would be with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pedrohbaron

Hi guys,

Here's the deal: I applied for a first time passport for my son on the 16.03 and the estimate issue date is 24.04. When I track the passport still shows as
    Processing application

Your application is being processed

Today I realized that are some documents missing on the application (my wife is EU Citizen and I'm a non-EU citizen), what would be the best option, send them the documents on an envelope together with the passport application reference number (Passport Express reference) so they (hopefully) will attach the documents on the application or wait until they review the application (the deadline is this Monday) and send me a letter asking for the missing documents?

I have a flight booked for the 15.05 and I'm very stressed that the passport won't be ready on time.

I have all the missing documents in hands and ready to be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I applied for a renewal online at 16.50 on 12th April - estimated delivery date was given as 28th April.

I just checked status online and saw it was dispatched yesterday! Post tracking number was given which indicates it has been delivered today.

Extremely impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I applied for a renewal online at 16.50 on 12th April - estimated delivery date was given as 28th April.

I just checked status online and saw it was dispatched yesterday! Post tracking number was given which indicates it has been delivered today.

Extremely impressed.

Just checked mine. Their expected date was 26/4, I had applied on the 10th after close of business. Just checked and mine is in the post too. That is a fantastic service. Delighted with how easy, quick and efficient it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

just to kurb the enthusiasm, if anything goes wrong with the online application like having to resubmit a photo, but then the system not allowing you, then you're down the 80Euros already booked (meaning you cant just scrap that and start a fresh application) but they simply do not respond to any emails, and the online chat when you eventually get through seems to be more for procedural stuff or adding a note to an application than actually be able to directly sort any technical issues with an application.

I'm now seeing that mine is being printed, but honestly, if I had 3 photos rejected and havent been able to upload a valid one, I dont believe that either.

At this stage I am now abroad with an expired passport, which in itsself is breaking the law of where I am as you must possess a valid ID, but being white skinned and blue eyed and not doing criminal things is half the battle of not getting stopped by german police so it should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

just to kurb the enthusiasm, if anything goes wrong with the online application like having to resubmit a photo, but then the system not allowing you, then you're down the 80Euros already booked (meaning you cant just scrap that and start a fresh application) but they simply do not respond to any emails, and the online chat when you eventually get through seems to be more for procedural stuff or adding a note to an application than actually be able to directly sort any technical issues with an application.

I'm now seeing that mine is being printed, but honestly, if I had 3 photos rejected and havent been able to upload a valid one, I dont believe that either.

At this stage I am now abroad with an expired passport, which in itsself is breaking the law of where I am as you must possess a valid ID, but being white skinned and blue eyed and not doing criminal things is half the battle of not getting stopped by german police so it should be grand!

Why did you travel abroad on an out of date passport or soon to be out of date passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Why did you travel abroad on an out of date passport or soon to be out of date passport?

Maybe he has a passport card in addition to his expired passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

fxotoole wrote: »
    Maybe he has a passport card in addition to his expired passport?

passport cards are only issued in conjunction with a passport, and take the expiry date of the passport if its got less than 5 years left on it, so its impossible to have an expired passport and a valid passport card

anyhow, I live abroad so for me in practical terms only need the passport when moving around and even then only really critical if heading to Ireland or UK

technically I am committing an offence by not having a valid passport, fine is up to €2500 which is not really something I want to have to deal with

EDIT: oh, and why not apply waaaaay in advance, well, I needed the passport there in March so I did that and then looked about making a renewal, and then the rumours appeared about the online renewals coming so I waited till that came, and if my application went through as quick as everyone elses then I'd have a passport in my hand weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I applied on the 4th of April for a standard renewal, estimated issue date was yesterday and it's still in "Printing". It's a little bit annoying that others who applied after the date I applied have received theirs.

I haven't gotten any notification to say there's anything wrong with my application. I'm not sure what the hold up is but I'm flying next Thursday morning and need one by then. I'm worried at this stage.

I checked their twitter and some guy who applied on the 31st of March says his is still "printing"..

Has anyone had to go in to get a temporary one after applying online, or been in a similar situation with an online application?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Hi all,

I went to check in online for a Ryanair flight to the UK (work trip) this Tuesday 25th April and I cannot find my passport. To say I've turned the house upside down is an under statement.

Anyone know what are my chances in getting a passport this Monday for travel on Tuesday am? The next available appointments in the passport office in Dublin won't be released until 12.30pm on Sunday for a Monday appointment.

Any hope at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Hi im recently married and need to renew my passport before holidays in july.

Im planning on using double barrel surname, so when i renew passport do i need to send in marriage cert?
    Also the holiday was booked under my maiden name so tickets will me in Mary Murphy. Can i get my passport in mary Murphy-smith with mary Murphy still on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

Applied for renewal for the kids via passport express, on the system since 12th April and showing that will be issued estimated date of 10th May.

We're supposed to be travelling on the 9th May and have to pay for the accommodation by end of this week so at least if I knew for sure that we would have the passports next week I could finalise our travel arrangements.

Its currently in the status of Processing.
    Does anyone know what the other statuses are, and how long roughly each one might be?
    So if its processing since Thursday does that mean it will be done soon - I thought a lot of the process was automated so would have thought that once it's processing it goes to print and then out in the post within a couple of days end to end?
    Or am I being naive regarding the level of automation involved?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No idea how long between but I think it's printing after processing and then posting

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

My kids first time application is estimated to be ready on May 9th and we travel on the 8th. Does anybody know if I were to go in a few days before the estimated date with our travel documents, if there's any chance that we could get them early? Should I make an appointment for this or just drop in?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Heard that processing just means its been received and is in the system rather than someone actually looking at it.

Was in touch with them recently, once received application its scanned, then verified, then processed

Hmm it never went through verification at all. Thanks

domcq wrote: »
    My kids first time application is estimated to be ready on May 9th and we travel on the 8th. Does anybody know if I were to go in a few days before the estimated date with our travel documents, if there's any chance that we could get them early? Should I make an appointment for this or just drop in?

I've asked them about this via twitter and online chat and the party line is no, no no. Apparently you shouldn't have booked flights without a valid passport.
    I've been told there is no way to expedite unless you have a death or serious illness to deal with.

• Advertisement

It goes from Processing > Printing > Dispatched

Looking at this thread and others comments on twitter, some people have received their passports well before the estimated dispatch date but these are renewals rather than new passports. Others have gone past their estimated dispatch date (me for example). It's a bit of a lottery.

Your best bet is to send them a twitter message with your application ID and ask them what your options are. It's possible you could make an appointment to get temporary passports but again, I don't know if this is possible for a first time passport rather than a renewal. They will know though.

They don't respond very quickly, just so you know. I've had a conversation going with them for two days with only 3 replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It goes from Processing > Printing > Dispatched

Looking at this thread and others comments on twitter, some people have received their passports well before the estimated dispatch date but these are renewals rather than new passports. Others have gone past their estimated dispatch date (me for example). It's a bit of a lottery.

Your best bet is to send them a twitter message with your application ID and ask them what your options are. It's possible you could make an appointment to get temporary passports but again, I don't know if this is possible for a first time passport rather than a renewal. They will know though.

They don't respond very quickly, just so you know. I've had a conversation going with them for two days with only 3 replies.

Isn't there some sort of live chat they have?

Isn't there some sort of live chat they have?

Yeah but it wasn't working all day yesterday and it's more to assist people with the application process, apparently.

heyho wrote: »
    I've asked them about this via twitter and online chat and the party line is no, no no. Apparently you shouldn't have booked flights without a valid passport.
    I've been told there is no way to expedite unless you have a death or serious illness to deal with.

It's not "apparently" you shouldn't have booked flights without having valid passports. If I were you I wouldn't pay anything further until you have the passports in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Applied for 1st time kids passports and a renewal of my own in early April.
    Online tracking says 8th May is expected date.

Quick question, I assume that all the photos and forms are given an initial check when they are received to make sure they are correct, complete and that they are acceptable?

I am hoping not to get them back close to that time saying there's something wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Does this seem like good value?

18 days ( June / July )
    Zero excess
    Super Collision waiver damage
    2 car seats
    Open driving
    **AUTOMATIC **
    Peugeot 308 station wagon diesel

PRICE = 600 Euro

Anyone else on this ?

NIMAN wrote: »

Quick question, I assume that all the photos and forms are given an initial check when they are received to make sure they are correct, complete and that they are acceptable?

I am hoping not to get them back close to that time saying there's something wrong.

Checks to make sure application is correct are one of the final process

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

NIMAN wrote: »

No unfortunately they won't be checked until closer to the date they are issued. If you had made an appointment and brought your applications in, they would have done a cursory check to make sure everything was in order. Unfortunately it's not possible to expedite them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Applied online for 2 passport renewals on Sunday April 16th. Pictures were taken with a regular smart phone. Initial pics were rejected when uploaded as I had zoomed in too much (had top of shoulders and head only). Took new pictures with more of the torso visible and these were accepted.

First Passport (application 2) was received on Thursday 20th and second Passport (application 1) was received on Tuesday 25th. Overall I was very impressed with the service. It is cheaper than the Passport express option and no requirement to get pics in Pharmacy and then getting them signed etc. Would highly recommend.

• Advertisement

McSween wrote: »
    Is there a url that I can upload a picture of my newborn to see if it matches requirements. I cannot see it on the aite

Also, will they return her birth certificate?

Photo guidelines can be found here https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/passportexpressphotoguidelines/

Yes the Birth Cert is returned, make sure also to include one parent's birth cert or Irish Passport with the application also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement