Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a bit of a barney with a neighbour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Had the exact same issue myself with kids running around my front garden as if it was their own. I politely asked the kids to stop as it was my garden and it wasn't right for them to play on it. They seemed to understand the logic and haven't done so again. They were aged between 6 to maybe 9.

No hassle if you keep your cool. Shouting at kids is only gonna peak their interest in fcukin with you. School boy error.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

so many memories this thread brings back ! After one lot i started seeking houses with NO NEIGHBOURS. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I had issues with a group of teenagers in a housing estate I was renting in, a good few years ago. Had tried all the options, of approaching their scummy parents, guards were involved due to damage to a car and it was just an absolute pain in the arse..

I was there on my own one evening and could hear they were doing some sort of damage to the outside of the house. I came up with a new idea that I hadn't tried before, and basically thought to myself that I'll go out and basically just go absolutely ballistic shouting and screaming in their faces, and basically freak the fúck out of them to the extent where they thought I would pull their heads off in a fit of rage if they didn't go away.

In reality, I am a very quiet person but they didn't particularly know this, as any dealings I had with them previously would have been heated, but not as heated as it was about to get.

I went out and started roaring (imagine the loudest roar you could do, not dissimilar to a lion or tiger) within inches of their faces. Veins popping in my red face and just generally absolutely losing my shít in a way I had never and will never be able to match again.

The lads got a great laugh out of it. It gave them the drive and ambition to achieve a bigger (not possible) reaction.

I moved out shortly after

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Hey Mister!

the-little-ones-bfi-001.jpg

If your neighbour wasn't a bad fellow all along, there may be something to be said for calling round with a bottle of wine and the whole "look, didn't like the kids around my house, but not gonna fall out over it, no hard feelings"

That's assuming he's normal enough. Most would appreciate and perhaps tell the kids not to push it again. Battles with neighbours can fester and really sour living in an area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Dress up like Rambo and throw a few bricks through your own window

Then hyperventilate with bulging eyes and tickle yourself until you think its funny

Video this and send it to your neighbours.......................

If your neighbour wasn't a bad fellow all along, there may be something to be said for calling round with a bottle of wine and the whole "look, didn't like the kids around my house, but not gonna fall out over it, no hard feelings"

That's assuming he's normal enough. Most would appreciate and perhaps tell the kids not to push it again. Battles with neighbours can fester and really sour living in an area.

but not the '73, that was a very good vintage, too good to waste on scum like that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Glenster wrote: »
    THEY LEANED ON YOUR WINDOWSILL?

Lets get a posse rounded up, these monsters have to pay.

Thats how ISIS started.

Why the fúck should you put up with someone leaning on your windowsill?

BBDBB wrote: »
    but not the '73, that was a very good vintage, too good to waste on scum like that

Oh €6.99 max spend!

Oh €6.99 max spend!

Its the thought that counts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I had issues with a group of teenagers in a housing estate I was renting in, a good few years ago. Had tried all the options, of approaching their scummy parents, guards were involved due to damage to a car and it was just an absolute pain in the arse..

I was there on my own one evening and could hear they were doing some sort of damage to the outside of the house. I came up with a new idea that I hadn't tried before, and basically thought to myself that I'll go out and basically just go absolutely ballistic shouting and screaming in their faces, and basically freak the fúck out of them to the extent where they thought I would pull their heads off in a fit of rage if they didn't go away.

In reality, I am a very quiet person but they didn't particularly know this, as any dealings I had with them previously would have been heated, but not as heated as it was about to get.

I went out and started roaring (imagine the loudest roar you could do, not dissimilar to a lion or tiger) within inches of their faces. Veins popping in my red face and just generally absolutely losing my shít in a way I had never and will never be able to match again.

The lads got a great laugh out of it. It gave them the drive and ambition to achieve a bigger (not possible) reaction.

That is the funniest thing I have read in years! Glad you escaped though. There are times when retreat is the only true victory. Learned that the hard way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

razorblunt wrote: »

I want to know why a group of young lads were leaning on his windowsill and peering within in the first place.

What sordid display was the OP putting on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

Send him a bill for new hall door. They cost roughly €3000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Whatever you do OP, if he comes over again, dont stand at your windowsill filming him and telling him repeatedly to "go ****" himself. That tends to provoke more a la "Cuffy" style:/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

i have lots of window sills, but don't check them for fingerprints every morning.

Some people have serious issues that need dealing with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Whatever you do OP, if he comes over again, dont stand at your windowsill filming him and telling him repeatedly to "go ****" himself. That tends to provoke more a la "Cuffy" style:/ :pac:

Does he realise how difficult it is to "go **** yourself " and how much money he could make if he actually could...........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I can't believe the amount of people telling OP he was out of line.
    He asked the kids to stop and they came back a 2nd time. I'd call that lack of respect from the kids to the OP.

If it was my house and kids of that age were hovering around the place peering in the windows Id have an issue with that as well. They are old enough to know that this is wrong and when asked to stop the first time they should have left and not tried it again

What is wrong with society today that kids are let think they can act this way and then when it goes wrong mammy or daddy jump in to defend them straight away.
    If I told my parents that a neighbour had shouted at me I would have got a belt and told I deserved it or if I didnt that day I would some other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

SAMTALK wrote: »
    If I told my parents that a neighbour had shouted at me I would have got a belt and told I deserved it or if I didnt that day I would some other day!

Things were done differently in those days allright! NO CHEEK to adults allowed.

And the other side of it too....if some owlfella from the Estate called to our Door and had the audacity to kick it for whatever reason, as someone said above, get outa that garden, a persons home was their castle , he would be picking himself up off the ground and retreating....quickly. No Gardai involved either. Have seen it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

_feedback_ wrote: »

I soooo wanted this to have worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Maybe you should chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Glenster wrote: »
    Maybe you should chill out.

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

OP you were right. The Dad was a fooking arsehole. I would not tolerate any **** behaviour from my child. I bet he just reacted to a BS story from the kids and came down like a tough guy. His kids will turn out to be self entitled little dickweeds. Thankfully there are lots of kids well reared. Those aren't. And the father kicking your door kinda sums up why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Rule of thumb:

Don't pick fights with children.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

He's dead right to ask the kids to get off his lawn. You can be sure that in this Compensation Nation if one of them fell and broke a bone, the OP would be getting a solicitor's letter in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You could be 100% right OP and them kids were being little *****. But as someone else said, never pick a fight with kids, cos it doesn't matter how right you are, you're always gonna come out of it worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I wonder what the OP has in his house these kids are peering in at? What piqued their interest?

They probably thought they were in some grand Enid Blyton adventure.. Clearing the dreadful wall, past the ghastly brambles and then.. ' Fook off'! ... 'and take yer fookin bike'!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

C'mon folks, stop overacting.

There's nothing to this issue that isn't easily solved by the liberal application of a flamethrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Play Daniel O'Donnell at top volume on continuous loop.

Daniel can disperse any mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

It's fair enough asking the kids to get off your lawn, but it sounds like you did it in an aggressive way if you told them to FO the first time like you said.

Is it a regular thing with them?

Advertisement