Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a bit of a barney with a neighbour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think twice about filming and recording children. Only saying.

He'd be recording his grass growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Think twice about filming and recording children. Only saying.

He's not filming and recording children - he would have a webcam set up for security outside his door/window, same as any other house, supermarket or business anywhere. The kids can only be recorded on it if they're somewhere they're not supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

If he booted your door, there is a high chance he is a degenerate who has no means of expressing himself other than through violence. A complete waste of space.

Kids will be kids, but they will be in the parents image also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

RoYoBo wrote: »
    He's not filming and recording children - he would have a webcam set up for security outside his door/window, same as any other house, supermarket or business anywhere. The kids can only be recorded on it if they're somewhere they're not supposed to be.

You're right. Still...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Have you considered burying one of the kids under the Lawn......There not as cheeky after one of them goes missing..........or so I'm told.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

bubblypop wrote: »
    LOL
    Cue the dad saying ' wasn't my son, he's been here all afternoon, with me, playing PlayStation'

But the parent is then aware. Very easy to take a video from your own property. It's better than doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

blinding wrote: »
    Have you considered burying one of the kids under the Lawn......There not as cheeky after one of them goes missing..........or so I'm told.........

His neighbours aren't called McCann are they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jesus, relax, it's such a nice day outside and you get mad about nothing. It's children playing for ****s sake get a ****ing grip. Evil human being, just has to infect everyone else with their bad mood.

Mod

Banned for trolling.

Come on folks, when it's as clear as day someone is trolling just report the post and we'll clean it up if we agree. Responding is feeding them, that's what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Take a dump on your neighbors lawn, then piss on his car door handles..
    dont leave out the letter box

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tramore Tilly

How old were the kids?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Discodog wrote: »
    The sad thing is that the inaction by the Guards causes a lot of this. If a Guard popped in & had a word with the parents it could be nipped in the bud. These kids & parents will carry on because there are no consequences.

Trespassing is not a crime. The parents could (and should) tell the gardai to fcuk off. And/or make a complaint against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

anewme wrote: »
    I'm not saying for kids in the garden, but what happened as a result of kids in the garden, I'm saying for kicking the door. criminal damage.

It's not acceptable to call to a neighbours house and kick their door under any circumstances.

Something stupid like kids in the garden has already escalated to possible damage to property.

That's not what you said. Well it was to start with and then you said about kids in the garden. Anyway so as I said, the OP has nowhere to go now, it's already escalated to criminal damage. As I also said this is why one might try and defuse the situation. That was the point that I and others were making. You're suggesting escalating it further still. I don't really get the logic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

same issue as OPs which seems common two green fields 50feet away to play,yet all little ****heads gather near neighbors house and use surrounding houses as ****ing goals,one neighbor had to put in metal gates and fence around house,once shower of ***** dented his new car,guards did nothing,one day once snapped and went out to get little ****heads after heard the numbnuts were battering my house neighbor didn't even bother to come over once told nearly pissing kid in his pants to call his father over,and felt offended that despite warning his kids dozen times i didn't come to him first kids around 12-14yrs old that def know what they do.

Anyway seems only solution is to put up ip cams.Since while its kids,but once they start doing damage,costs will be coming out of your pocket ,thus if can get ip camera running all the time,no one will give a crap who you record since its your property and if little ****s do any damage,at least you could go straight to guards,and bleed the parents with cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You overreacted and so did he. Though you did ask them more than once to stop staring in your window and he obviously thinks butter wouldn't melt. Put a paper bag of dog poo on his door step, set it on fire, knock on the door and run away.

The sad thing is that the inaction by the Guards causes a lot of this. If a Guard popped in & had a word with the parents it could be nipped in the bud. These kids & parents will carry on because there are no consequences.

If the parents don't care enough to keep their spawn under control or think this sort of behaviour is fine, a word from the guards is going to do absolutely FA I'm afraid.

Ted111 wrote: »
    Trespassing is not a crime. The parents could (and should) tell the gardai to fcuk off. And/or make a complaint against them.

It's certainly anti social behaviour.

If the parents don't care enough to keep their spawn under control or think this sort of behaviour is fine, a word from the guards is going to do absolutely FA I'm afraid.

Ok so we just let the situation develop until one resident kicks the ****e out of another. Whatever happened to behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

My neighbour is a nosy old curmudgeon - he was alway whinging about something. Them he burned my ariel with a chimney fire.

He avoids me now. I don't miss RTE- its worth the peace.

It's certainly anti social behaviour.

No it's not. It is a civil law offence. You could take a legal action against the kids for disturbing you peacefully enjoying your own home and property.
    That's a job for Lionel Hutz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Specialun wrote: »
    So i was up stairs an hour ago and i could hear my dog going nuts barking..a ran down, opened the door to see 3 kids staring in my living room window..they were actually leaning on the window sill. I went out a said go away..10 mins later its off again..i stormed out and shouted at them " i said go away, this isnt your house and get off my lawn" . I caught a kids bike and pushed it back into the middle of the green

15 mins later i hear my door bell and its my neighbour

"What gets you off shouting at my kids" is what im greeted with
    " they were on my lawn twice pal, this is my house and not there playground" says I
    " you have no right to raise your voice at my kids" says he
    Im a bit pissed off now so I says " listen her pal dont come to my door mouthing off. Wouldnt it be more in line if you disciplined the kids. You dont own this green and they shouldnt be on my lawn. Now go away "

He this boots my front door and storms off

What a massive dick.

Have you had any instances like this. Are your neighbours dicks

No they're Yanks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ok so we just let the situation develop until one resident kicks the ****e out of another. Whatever happened to behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace ?

No you try and defuse it if you have the wherewithal to do that. However sometime one just reacts. I'm not saying you don't involve the guards if needed but it shouldn't be the first port of call and they won't turn up for kids in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

this is not what he would have wanted. where's the love, where's the great big hug and a kiss from me to you???

The children are the future, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Robsweezie wrote: »
    this is not what he would have wanted. where's the love, where's the great big hug and a kiss from me to you???

Took me a minute :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The solution is the next time you have a row with the children and expect a visit from the dad call in four or five heavies.
    When you open the door have your crew standing behind you. Then say to the dad "You want some?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ah heour, geh ouh of dah gaaarden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I hope the OP's neighbour doesn't read Boards - for his sake! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You don't have these kinds of goings on out in the country. Set the goose loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Just have someone record a video of you calling the dirty junkie gentleman,and his sons too, out to engage in a bout of fisticuffs, and upload it to YouTube.
    Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Is the door in any way damaged. I had a similar incident when the gate was kicked in and hanging off the hinges. Called the guards and they went and had a word.

Same guy quiet as a mouse since, reckon he was on probation anyway.

Don't hesitate to call the guards if there's any damage to property. That's a crime.

Advertisement