Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a bit of a barney with a neighbour

Options
  • 12-03-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

So i was up stairs an hour ago and i could hear my dog going nuts barking..a ran down, opened the door to see 3 kids staring in my living room window..they were actually leaning on the window sill. I went out a said go away..10 mins later its off again..i stormed out and shouted at them " i said go away, this isnt your house and get off my lawn" . I caught a kids bike and pushed it back into the middle of the green

15 mins later i hear my door bell and its my neighbour

"What gets you off shouting at my kids" is what im greeted with
    " they were on my lawn twice pal, this is my house and not there playground" says I
    " you have no right to raise your voice at my kids" says he
    Im a bit pissed off now so I says " listen her pal dont come to my door mouthing off. Wouldnt it be more in line if you disciplined the kids. You dont own this green and they shouldnt be on my lawn. Now go away "

He this boots my front door and storms off

What a massive dick.

Have you had any instances like this. Are your neighbours dicks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You both sound like great people to live beside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

You both sound like great people to live beside

Oh right. How am i in the wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Get the kids, kick one in the face and say "tell your dad he'll get the same if he annoys me again". Call him a little dikhead for good measure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

When I was a kid the only neighbours we purposely annoyed were the ones who got reacted like you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I ain't your pal, friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Old Perry wrote: »

I'm no friend of yours, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You have a lawn? Wooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

It could be worse.....you could be neighbours with Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You should have kicked the sh1te out of him in front of his kids,that would have showed the little feckers.
    Seriously, had somebody booted my door they'd be getting a smack.
    Says a lot about the da,when he comes after you instead of telling his kids to stay off other peoples property.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

It could be worse.....you could be neighbours with Kate.

The breakfast interrupting bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Go outside and tell them that Santa is not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Old Perry wrote: »

I'm not your friend, guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think you overreacted and could have dealt with neighbour kids on your lawn in a much more measured and proportional way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Put up a sign on the gate that says "FREE SWEETS FOR UNDER 12'S", The neighbours wont let the kids near your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

What age are the chaps?

vicwatson wrote: »
    You have a lawn? Wooooo

No recession here

What age are the chaps?

Dunno tbh. Old enough to know better. Id say 10-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Specialun wrote: »

You're not, some posts just aren't worth reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Tell them to get off your fuppin spot and call them grassholes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Dunno tbh. Old enough to know better. Id say 10-12

Looking for a reaction and got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

zerks wrote: »
    You should have kicked the sh1te out of him in front of his kids,that would have showed the little feckers.
    Seriously, had somebody booted my door they'd be getting a smack.
    Says a lot about the da,when he comes after you instead of telling his kids to stay off other peoples property.

I can't agree with this more. Someone comes and has an argument, fair enough. If someone booted my door I wouldn't hold back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

..i stormed out and shouted at them " i said go away, this isnt your house and get off my lawn"...

NSFW Language:

Have you had any instances like this. Are your neighbours dicks

Never had any incidents even remotely like that tbh, the odd time the neighbour downstairs plays their music a bit too loud, but they don't have parties too often and it's Caribbean music which I don't mind, other than that though, nope, all my neighbours and their children are great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

By being aggressive and confrontational. When you say you caught one of the bikes do you mean while the kid was on it?

By being aggressive and confrontational. When you say you caught one of the bikes do you mean while the kid was on it?

No. the bike was in my lawn. How was i aggressive. I asked them to FO, they came back. When somebody comes to my door looking 4 a barney and having a go am i to offer them a box of butlers chocs and a spa weekend away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

If they want to play with the dog then let them play with the dog!!

But first starve the dog for a week and rub bacon on the kids faces!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭PANDDDKP

No. the bike was in my lawn. How was i aggressive. I asked them to FO, they came back. When somebody comes to my door looking 4 a barney and having a go am i to offer them a box of butlers chocs and a spa weekend away

Course you are, and 300 quid spending money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I live on a corner in an estate in Tallaght. We get hounded, if it's not kids coming in banging on the windows or staring in the windows, its some other knacker behaviour. We are here 7 years and still get it.

We managed to stop the ones who would stand outside and abuse my partner when she went outside, by finding where they lived and telling the parents, although like the OP, one of them came around first shouting the odds about 'abusing' his darling child. He fcuked off with his tail between his legs when he realised exactly what his angel was doing. We haven't seen his kid since either.

Then there was the Romanian kid who was terrorising the road with his cousin. Until he put a brick through my window. Then I went around to his house, marched straight in to the sitting room when the door opened, and went ballistic to his father, letting him know what I was going to do if he didn't pay for my window.

I had 90 euro the next day off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you did the right thing, next time tell angry dad you ****ed his wife and the little fat kid is yours and you can shout at him if you want to and he can mind his own business how you parent your own child thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

As a child, if I told my dad that a neighbour had shouted at me I would have got in trouble for annoying the neighbours. I should probably go get some counselling.

Advertisement