Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Silo18 wrote: »
    While walking towards automated doors, I'll sometimes pretend to have Jedi powers that allow me to open the doors using The Force.

I'll sometimes use a small hand gesture and try to time it to coincide with the door actually opening.

I keep the gesture subtle though because, obviously as a Jedi, that **** is no big deal.

Plus, I don't want people thinking I'm a weirdo.

I'm 41.
    I do something similar with the doors in work. They are hinged double doors that are automated. Sometimes the doors are closing as I approach them and I like to dart between them before they close so I can hum the Indiana Jones theme tune. I'm almost 40 and a manager. :pac::D

Another version is when opening a firedoor, You MUST climb the adjoining 2 flights of stairs before the Fire Door closes
    If you do not make this in time, you will obviously fall into a river of Lava

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Silo18

Can't believe there's so many other people who do the Jedi thing with doors!

I'm either not as weird as I feared or there's loads of other weirdos posting in the thread.

It's option 2 isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm either not as weird as I feared or there's loads of other weirdos posting in the thread.

It's option 2 isn't it?

Yes indeed it is. Wibble. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's option 2 isn't it?

We're all weird here m'dear. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is it weird that sometimes in work I'll bust out a dance move to a tune I like on the radio,my workmates think it's gas except one who is so straight laced it's actually weird.
    Sometimes when I'm dragged to do the shopping with the missus,I'll get the trolly,build up a bit of speed and 'surf' across the carpark or down an aisle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I sat beside a guy in work for seven years who got his lunch in canteen upstairs and brought to his desk. There was a trolley downstairs to go back to upstairs but you should have cleaned your plates etc as small kitchen there. He used to scratch his back with his fork and licking and send back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Thirteen pages later and I still have the Wichita line from Seven Nation Army stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Oh and my best friend rehearses telephone conversations. Not very important ones even. But on my patio will walk up one way conversing in one voice and on way back in different accent. Even about shopping lists! Phone at ear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I sometimes consciously count my fingers and toes without looking at them to make sure they are still there. Been at it 30 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Cycling home occasionally morphs into a stage in the Tour De France, in which I manage to execute a ride of such tactical ingenuity and incredible stamina that even the most seasoned observers of competitive cycling are simply stunned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Thirteen pages later and I still have the Wichita line from Seven Nation Army stuck in my head.

That's just a Line,man.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Occasionally like to provide F1 style commentary when I'm driving.

Such as:
    "clean get away at the lights" "tight line through there" "Is she close enough to enable DRS?"
    I would find it very strange if there was dead silence when I'm driving on my own in the car, even with the radio on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I used to work with a girl who would eat a whole red pepper for her lunch and bite into it like it was an apple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

anna080 wrote: »
    I used to work with a girl who would eat a whole red pepper for her lunch and bite into it like it was an apple

I`ll see your pepper and raise it one onion.

In other words, I know a man who bites into an onion like its an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've a cousin who doesn't drink water as a normal person would, glass or bottle here and there. If he's thirsty, he has a beer or a mug of tea.

Every two months or so, he'll go out and buy a 5L bottle of water and drink the whole thing in one sitting. And he'll only use a straw until the water depth is too low.

He will then pan out on his bed holding his wee until he's about to burst and piss it all out. He claims it leaves him feeling very hydrated for a few days.

I`ll see your pepper and raise it one onion.

In other words, I know a man who bites into an onion like its an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What about the person who opens a door to see someone they're avoiding, pretends they're just inspecting the door then goes back to where they came from. Just another day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

IK09 wrote: »
    This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

That made it worth reading six pages! LOL-1.gif Thanks for that one!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Dial Hard wrote: »

What I think is weird about this is how so many people stay with the default 15 posts per page and don't change it to 40.

Zaph wrote: »
    What I think is weird about this is how so many people stay with the default 15 posts per page and don't change it to 40.

I don't think people know about it. Pain in the tits until someone explained it to me.

And I'd be one of those weirdos that digs straight into the settings to see what there is, never knew it existed.

About 3/4 ways down for anyone wondering.

Works on touch too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Zaph wrote: »

just did it. sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

elefant wrote: »
    In my previous job:

I was using one of the urinals in the men's bathroom. There was nobody else in the bathroom that I could see as I entered, but apparently one of my good colleagues was in one of the stalls.

I learned this when I head a splash emanating from trap 1 and a triumphant exclamation in an Andy Gray-esque Scottish accent- 'GET OUT!'

We have someone similar where work, except that at the moment of splashdown you get to hear a very satisfied and drawn out "AWWW YEAH". I've personally witnessed this a couple of times and eventually when someone dared to mention it it seems that most of the office has also witnessed it.

Zaph wrote:

Dude, I'm on the app. It won't even show me all my own posts.

In fact I couldn't even edit the post above without losing the quote, so...

*insert pot/kettle reference here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I fully wash everything before I put it in the dishwasher. Is that weird?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

A neighbour hides his chocolate bars and biscuits in the loft so that if a visitor came there is no chance of them eating one.

I eat lidl barbeque coated peanuts so that my mouth gets all dry and then i drink Lucozade, it is a great feeling to make yourself thirsty and then pour the Lucozade down your throat,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

pauliebdub wrote: »
    I used to work with a girl like that too, horrible fat ginger creature, would always try to get one up on someone else

i e; a colleague would pass accountancy exams - she would know someone who came first in the country or won an award. Someone went on a nice holiday - she went there too and had access to a nice villa and would go out on a yacht. Someone brings a homemade cake to work - she would know someone who owned an artisan cake shop and would do the cake differently. It was all bull****.

So you have met my sister in law then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Pyr0 wrote: »
    A lad i used to work with had a rip on the elbow of every shirt he wore to work, it wasn't the same shirt as he'd have about 4 or 5 different colours and it was always on the same arm. I never asked him about it as he always seemed like the kinda chap that would walk into the office some day and shoot the place up.

I hate that attitude, people always say that it is the weird ones that should be watched then when some shooting or crime happens they say "he was such a normal guy" so really its the normal ones who should be watched

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

cantdecide wrote: »
    People get very weird in the bathroom.

I used to live in a house that appeared to be made of papier mache and amplifiers and every morning, a housemate used to go pee but within seconds of the door shutting, you'd hear the toilet flush. There was always a slight yellowness to the bowl afterwards. I mean, everyone know how toilets work, right???

Playing "Beat the flush" is my guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

ablelocks wrote: »
    when my kids were small, I used to do this for them.

I also trained them to develop and use their force to do it too.

The time my youngest fella "successfully" tried it on an automated revolving door was great craic...he was only 4 at the time and thought he was destined for galactic greatness...

Sometimes if I'm getting out of a lift I pretend to push the doors apart with pure brute strength even though they're opening anyway.
    And if I'm in a lift on my own I have to jump up and down to make it wobble.

Advertisement