Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Taking notice of them is even more odd.

How is taking notice of them odd? When you share the same break as 4 other people and the same person is constantly up and down at the table and won't settle, yes it is off-putting and odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Guy I know has to check that his car doors are locked even though he's just locked them with the remote central locking fob.

Sometimes he unlocks and locks them again with the fob just to be sure

I do this every time I lock my car too, and recently checked my dad's car after he locked it and looked over and he was checking the door handle on the other side too. The apple doesn't fall far from the OCD tree! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

A colleague I worked with would wrap every part of a toilet cubicle you could touch with toilet paper: cistern handle, toilet seat and door handle. You could hear the roller spinning around. The process happened every time the toilet was used. Then they would go back to their desk and say the rosary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

IK09 wrote: »
    This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

The story goes back years with a friend who filled me in on the situation over a pint. He works in a large medical device company in Galway and one day while making the trip to the leithris, he enters a cubicle. Someone has filled the toilet with toilet paper and proceeded to take a massive dump on top of the toilet paper, not only rendering the toilet unusable, leaving a terrible mess for the cleaning staff, but stinking the place up.

I learned the story from him quite early on. He was scarred by his experience. He understood, that there was a certain amount of "two fingers up" to the company in this act, but could not get his head around why the person felt the need to punish others also.

A month later I get a text, it read "it happened again", I needed no further explanation, the 3 words could mean only one thing. Again, we met for a pint and he still cant get his head around it. Why does he have to smell this persons sh1te when he goes into the bathroom he asks himself.

When it happened for the third time, he denounced this man and gave him the title "The Phantom". He swore that he would find him. He studied his habits, taking note of the weeks, days, and times that "The Phantom" struck, but to no avail, there was no pattern. He struck as and when he pleased. Sometimes leaving months between his exploits, sometimes, only days.

It got to the stage where when redundancies and severance packages were being offered, my friend was less concerned with the possibility of losing his job, than he was that "The Phantom" might lose his before he caught him.

My friend has become obsessed. Like an old detective trying to solve a case. The most disturbing thing about the scenario is that as he walks into the toilet, the scent invades his nostrils. He can smell that "The Phantom" has acted before he even enters the cubicle to get visual confirmation.

To this day, almost 3 years later, I still receive the mandatory text that "The Phantom" has struck. To his distress, "The Phantom" remains at large.
    cbreeze wrote: »
    A colleague I worked with would wrap every part of a toilet cubicle you could touch with toilet paper: cistern handle, toilet seat and door handle. You could hear the roller spinning around. The process happened every time the toilet was used. Then they would go back to their desk and say the rosary.

Perhaps we have our culprit??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

The story goes back years with a friend who filled me in on the situation over a pint. He works in a large medical device company in Galway and one day while making the trip to the leithris, he enters a cubicle. Someone has filled the toilet with toilet paper and proceeded to take a massive dump on top of the toilet paper, not only rendering the toilet unusable, leaving a terrible mess for the cleaning staff, but stinking the place up.

I learned the story from him quite early on. He was scarred by his experience. He understood, that there was a certain amount of "two fingers up" to the company in this act, but could not get his head around why the person felt the need to punish others also.

A month later I get a text, it read "it happened again", I needed no further explanation, the 3 words could mean only one thing. Again, we met for a pint and he still cant get his head around it. Why does he have to smell this persons sh1te when he goes into the bathroom he asks himself.

When it happened for the third time, he denounced this man and gave him the title "The Phantom". He swore that he would find him. He studied his habits, taking note of the weeks, days, and times that "The Phantom" struck, but to no avail, there was no pattern. He struck as and when he pleased. Sometimes leaving months between his exploits, sometimes, only days.

It got to the stage where when redundancies and severance packages were being offered, my friend was less concerned with the possibility of losing his job, than he was that "The Phantom" might lose his before he caught him.

My friend has become obsessed. Like an old detective trying to solve a case. The most disturbing thing about the scenario is that as he walks into the toilet, the scent invades his nostrils. He can smell that "The Phantom" has acted before he even enters the cubicle to get visual confirmation.

To this day, almost 3 years later, I still receive the mandatory text that "The Phantom" has struck. To his distress, "The Phantom" remains at large.

Needs own thread.

f6dec27983787239308001aeb9718ead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

This post has been deleted.

I have just received confirmation that the culprit remains in Galway. Latest movements were tracked 3 weeks ago.

As for the Cork incidents....we could be dealing with a copy-cat sh1tter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Seem to remember something similar to The Phantom in university years ago. The 'act' would also be accompanied by a bit of graffiti on the stall door proclaiming that The Phantom had struck again. In this case the moniker was self appointed, and I don't remember a manhunt being instigated to apprehend the perpetrator.

That other story of bog-roll on everything OCD freakout must keep Mr. Andrex in gold plated puppies. There is a fine line between 'normal', 'a bit weird', and 'completely bonkers' it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have just received confirmation that the culprit remains in Galway. Latest movements were tracked 3 weeks ago.

There have been s(h)ightings in government offices in Cork also. Maybe a phantom sh1tting ring?!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

There used to be a phantom in my local but instead of doing it in the bowl they'd do it on the floor. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭elefant

The suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

A neighbour of mine sits in his front garden with a telescope and takes pictures of the sky.Nothing wrong with this.

The wierdess is the wife opens the living room window and asks when is he coming in 3 maybe 4 times over an hour or two.After 10 years doing this you would think she would know he would be back in at X time or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Could this Phantom just be someone who is getting carried away with avoiding Poseidon's Kiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's done lads. Close the thread. This post wins the internet today. :D

A mate used to work in a car wash and one morning in the middle of the main washing area there was a turd that had been split in half. They checked the footage and sure enough someone went in, laid a log, then used and implement to cut it in half before leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

buck65 wrote: »
    When I go to the toilet or have a shower I always start interviewing myself about an imaginary sports career that I admittedly have retired from but am still plagued by an imaginary reporter asking the same questions.

Were you the only boy growing up in your family?

A mate used to work in a car wash and one morning in the middle of the main washing area there was a turd that had been split in half. They checked the footage and sure enough someone went in, laid a log, then used and implement to cut it in half before leaving.

footage of a public toilet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My neighbours are lovely lovely people. We don't hear a peep out of them and they are lovely to talk to and interact with.

But every night between 10:15 and 10:55 they shower, not together but one in the shower the other in the bathroom, then the other one showers and the other stays in the bathroom. Throughout this they go throught their individual day and everything that happened. The person that is in the shower is the one that speaks.

There is something about this time and the acustics the sh*ty quality of our houses where whatever is said in the bathroom is crystal clear in my bedroom. So I know everything that goes on with them.

They aren't weird or strange and live a fairly normal life.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My neighbours are lovely lovely people. We don't hear a peep out of them and they are lovely to talk to and interact with.

But every night between 10:15 and 10:55 they shower, not together but one in the shower the other in the bathroom, then the other one showers and the other stays in the bathroom. Throughout this they go throught their individual day and everything that happened. The person that is in the shower is the one that speaks.

There is something about this time and the acustics the sh*ty quality of our houses where whatever is said in the bathroom is crystal clear in my bedroom. So I know everything that goes on with them.

That is a nice way of sharing for them..

It's just a pity for them that they are also sharing with you..

Do you listen every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

would the content be good enough for an overheard in dublin/Give Up Your Auld Sins animation? could replace a prayer at bedtime on rte one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Long time friend of mine.
    Wears shorts all year round. Always wears checked shirts. Kind of an odd lad in general, but this always confused me.

Wears shorts all year round. Always wears checked shirts. Kind of an odd lad in general, but this always confused me.

Knew a lad who would wear shorts and go with either flip flops or bare feet regardless of weather or time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭6541

Would you ever bring up topics they previously discussed with them, like say dude I agree with the missus ya do need a new car !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

A friend of mine is the same, he's always in either shorts or 3/4 lengths regardless of the weather. He's worn the same clothes for the past 10 years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

6541 wrote: »
    Would you ever bring up topics they previously discussed with them, like say dude I agree with the missus ya do need a new car !
    I wonder if I start to talk, do they hear me?

I could try join in the conversation tonight. Although I'm not a great converstationalist that late and they can't see my nods of agreement or disatisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Is it weird to bring cups of tea with you when going to the bathroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I wonder if I start to talk, do they hear me?

I could try join in the conversation tonight. Although I'm not a great converstationalist that late and they can't see my nods of agreement or disatisfaction.

NeighbourMan: "I might slip up to the local, have a pint with the lads..."

NeighbourWoman: "Hang on now, we're saving for that holiday, remember?"

Boom_Bap: "You weren't worried about the holiday a week last Saturday, Miriam, were ya now??"

Neighbours: "What the f*ck was that??"

Boom_Bap: "... ah sh*te..."

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Is it weird to bring cups of tea with you when going to the bathroom?

Defeats the purpose of going to the bathroom, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Used to work with a girl who would bring a two litre bottle filled with diluted orange, miwadi or something, to lunch every day. It just looked odd when shed drink it from the bottle.

ummm

408699.jpg

• Advertisement

Lived with a lad who used to eat bags of taytos and chocolate bars while going for a dump.

How do I know this you ask? Well he wasn't fond of closing the door either.

Advertisement