Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Used to work with a girl who would bring a two litre bottle filled with diluted orange, miwadi or something, to lunch every day. It just looked odd when shed drink it from the bottle.

I'm using an empty prune juice bottle at the minute so I can only imagine the looks I'd get from you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

cantdecide wrote: »
    People get very weird in the bathroom.

I used to live in a house that appeared to be made of papier mache and amplifiers and every morning, a housemate used to go pee but within seconds of the door shutting, you'd hear the toilet flush. There was always a slight yellowness to the bowl afterwards. I mean, everyone know how toilets work, right???

Cue someone telling us how every morning the find a huge log in the jacks and have to flush it before they go. And then there's no water left in the cistern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Used to work with a girl who would bring a two litre bottle filled with diluted orange, miwadi or something, to lunch every day. It just looked odd when shed drink it from the bottle.

Why was it weird? Looked like she was drinking pish or something?
    I don't find that a weird at all, a few people I work with do the same. They simply don't like water very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Weird that people would pay so much attention to what others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Someone who mixed water and pepsi 50/50..

They didnt like the taste of water :confused: and rationaled this was a healthy drink

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Your Face wrote: »
    Weird that people would pay so much attention to what others do.

The thread is called "daily weirdness of others" so it's primarily filled with those things. It's not a general chat with this stuff constantly cropping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Get out of it. I do that. Looks like a bottle of scrumpy jack or Linden village....But it's not...I swear. Get so much grief for it too....It's not weird. Saves me getting up every 30mins for a drink and I'm super hydrated..

...Do spend at lot of time in the jacks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Lad I used to work with was very weird but 3 things stood out that I can remember.

First thing was that he always fell off his chair, at least once a week.

Second thing was at the end of his shift everyday, he would stand up (always standing when doing this) and pour out any remaining tea from his mug onto the carpet at his desk in plain view of all of us. Sometimes even a full mug. No idea how he wasn't sacked.

Third thing was everyday we kept finding a mystery cup of water beside the water dispenser and a puddle on the floor that no-one would own up to. Til one day I spotted him filling up that cup. The thing was the machine gave out more water in one go than the cup could handle (say 200mls from the machine but cup only took 180mls). He could have just pressed the button on the machine a second time to stop the water (before overflow) but he didn't believe us when we told him. So he would grab a second cup when the first cup overflowed and would end up spilling water all over the floor and leaving the second half-full cup of water sitting there and then denying it was him at all (every single day).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

heldel00 wrote: »
    I'm using an empty prune juice bottle at the minute so I can only imagine the looks I'd get from you!
    Why was it weird? Looked like she was drinking pish or something?
    I don't find that a weird at all, a few people I work with do the same. They simply don't like water very much.

No you wouldn't get looks from me! Not sure why you'd think I'd be giving someone looks??

Dont really care what people drink or anything and no nothing to do with looking like "pish"! She'd drink nearly the whole two litres in the space of a half hour lunch break.

It just looked odd swigging from a big two litre bottle sat on the lunch table :pac:
    Get out of it. I do that. Looks like a bottle of scrumpy jack or Linden village....But it's not...I swear. Get so much grief for it too....It's not weird. Saves me getting up every 30mins for a drink and I'm super hydrated..

...Do spend at lot of time in the jacks tho.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

TheBrinch wrote: »

Second thing was at the end of his shift everyday, he would stand up (always standing when doing this) and pour out any remaining tea from his mug onto the carpet at his desk in plain view of all of us. Sometimes even a full mug. No idea how he wasn't sacked.

My boss does that, except he does it with every cup of tea.
    I brought it up once and he cut me off with one word, "dreggs".

No you wouldn't get looks from me! Not sure why you'd think I'd be giving someone looks??

Dont really care what people drink or anything and no nothing to do with looking like "pish"! She'd drink nearly the whole two litres in the space of a half hour lunch break.

It just looked odd swigging from a big two litre bottle sat on the lunch table :pac:

:D

Ah sorry, I didn't read your first post properly and missed 2 litre bottle. That's a mighty sized bottle to be swigging from at lunch! And finishing the whole thing in half an hour? That is strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cailin8

Guy I know has to check that his car doors are locked even though he's just locked them with the remote central locking fob.

I do that all the time , just give a quick check of the handle to make sure it's locked before I leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Used to work wit a lad who would only sh1t in the ladies jacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Hairy in the exact same as a peach though. :D

A peach is hairy in a freshly shaved vagina with 24 hours growth kinda way ........ whereas a kiwi is hairy in a 40 year old chimpanzee's testicle kinda way ........ BIG difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I do this. The remote control is highly unreliable and sometimes one of the doors can be left unlocked even though the alarm is engaged.

You're enabling me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

WellThen? wrote: »
    The thread is called "daily weirdness of others" so it's primarily filled with those things. It's not a general chat with this stuff constantly cropping up.

I recommend decaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

In my previous job:

I was using one of the urinals in the men's bathroom. There was nobody else in the bathroom that I could see as I entered, but apparently one of my good colleagues was in one of the stalls.

I learned this when I head a splash emanating from trap 1 and a triumphant exclamation in an Andy Gray-esque Scottish accent- 'GET OUT!'

My friend's ex after every night out would buy 2 cheeseburgers. He'd eat one in the chipper, then when he got home (or whichever house he was staying in) he'd leave the other one in the fridge to have for his breakfast the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

My friend's ex after every night out would buy 2 cheeseburgers. He'd eat one in the chipper, then when he got home (or whichever house he was staying in) he'd leave the other one in the fridge to have for his breakfast the next morning.

That's not weird, that's just common sense....

That's not weird, that's just common sense....

It is with pizza (pizza for brekkie mmmm).
    Ever had a cheeseburger the next day? Tastes like ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

elefant wrote: »
    In my previous job:

I was using one of the urinals in the men's bathroom. There was nobody else in the bathroom that I could see as I entered, but apparently one of my good colleagues was in one of the stalls.

I learned this when I head a splash emanating from trap 1 and a triumphant exclamation in an Andy Gray-esque Scottish accent- 'GET OUT!'
    buck65 wrote: »
    When I go to the toilet or have a shower I always start interviewing myself about an imaginary sports career that I admittedly have retired from but am still plagued by an imaginary reporter asking the same questions.

Hmm

It is with pizza (pizza for brekkie mmmm).
    Ever had a cheeseburger the next day? Tastes like ar$e.

You make a valid point regarding the pizza; however, a cheeseburger, despite being less worthy than a pizza, is also a viable option

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I do my old bachelor uncles washing for him, he has outside trousers and inside trousers. The outside trousers are washed every time he wears them, so if he went to the shops for half an hour he would put the trousers in the wash and get another fresh pair if he had to go out again.
    This is weird in itself but the inside trousers never get washed! I have to sneak in and get them when he's out to give them a wash. Only with his trousers rest of his clothes are washed as normal. I have asked him and all I get is sure they're dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There's a guy I work with who has the strangest eating habit I've ever seen.

At lunch he will eat two sandwiches (four slices of bread to clarify) with both sandwiches cut in half across the middle like most people do - he will then pick up one of the halves, fold it over in his hand and eat all the halves like that.

We've queried this habit with him and he has no idea why he does it; he just says that that is how he like to eat his sandwiches, which is fair enough, he was asked about the possibility of cutting them into quarters but no, he just likes to fold them as he eats them - everything else about him is normal and he gets on with nearly everyone, he just has this odd little quirk about sandwiches

I don't really find this weird, I know a few people who do this, I've probably done it a few times without realising it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Colleague who goes on the morning break does the same thing every day.
    Comes into kitchen, sits down and starts eating, then gets up and makes tea and sits back down again, then goes out of room to go toilet and comes back and resumes eating. Every morning - wrecks my head this constantly getting up and down.

Taking notice of them is even more odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

The story goes back years with a friend who filled me in on the situation over a pint. He works in a large medical device company in Galway and one day while making the trip to the leithris, he enters a cubicle. Someone has filled the toilet with toilet paper and proceeded to take a massive dump on top of the toilet paper, not only rendering the toilet unusable, leaving a terrible mess for the cleaning staff, but stinking the place up.

I learned the story from him quite early on. He was scarred by his experience. He understood, that there was a certain amount of "two fingers up" to the company in this act, but could not get his head around why the person felt the need to punish others also.

A month later I get a text, it read "it happened again", I needed no further explanation, the 3 words could mean only one thing. Again, we met for a pint and he still cant get his head around it. Why does he have to smell this persons sh1te when he goes into the bathroom he asks himself.

When it happened for the third time, he denounced this man and gave him the title "The Phantom". He swore that he would find him. He studied his habits, taking note of the weeks, days, and times that "The Phantom" struck, but to no avail, there was no pattern. He struck as and when he pleased. Sometimes leaving months between his exploits, sometimes, only days.

It got to the stage where when redundancies and severance packages were being offered, my friend was less concerned with the possibility of losing his job, than he was that "The Phantom" might lose his before he caught him.

My friend has become obsessed. Like an old detective trying to solve a case. The most disturbing thing about the scenario is that as he walks into the toilet, the scent invades his nostrils. He can smell that "The Phantom" has acted before he even enters the cubicle to get visual confirmation.

To this day, almost 3 years later, I still receive the mandatory text that "The Phantom" has struck. To his distress, "The Phantom" remains at large.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Taking notice of them is even more odd.

Ah here, the entire thread is about noticing the slightly offbeat/weird/different habits of other people - if you don't have anything to add other than to go against the grain of the thread then why bother posting at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

IK09 wrote: »
    This isnt something I have experience of, but one of my friends works with someone he refers to as "The Phantom".

The story goes back years with a friend who filled me in on the situation over a pint. He works in a large medical device company in Galway and one day while making the trip to the leithris, he enters a cubicle. Someone has filled the toilet with toilet paper and proceeded to take a massive dump on top of the toilet paper, not only rendering the toilet unusable, leaving a terrible mess for the cleaning staff, but stinking the place up.

I learned the story from him quite early on. He was scarred by his experience. He understood, that there was a certain amount of "two fingers up" to the company in this act, but could not get his head around why the person felt the need to punish others also.

A month later I get a text, it read "it happened again", I needed no further explanation, the 3 words could mean only one thing. Again, we met for a pint and he still cant get his head around it. Why does he have to smell this persons sh1te when he goes into the bathroom he asks himself.

When it happened for the third time, he denounced this man and gave him the title "The Phantom". He swore that he would find him. He studied his habits, taking note of the weeks, days, and times that "The Phantom" struck, but to no avail, there was no pattern. He struck as and when he pleased. Sometimes leaving months between his exploits, sometimes, only days.

It got to the stage where when redundancies and severance packages were being offered, my friend was less concerned with the possibility of losing his job, than he was that "The Phantom" might lose his before he caught him.

My friend has become obsessed. Like an old detective trying to solve a case. The most disturbing thing about the scenario is that as he walks into the toilet, the scent invades his nostrils. He can smell that "The Phantom" has acted before he even enters the cubicle to get visual confirmation.

To this day, almost 3 years later, I still receive the mandatory text that "The Phantom" has struck. To his distress, "The Phantom" remains at large.

keep us posted!!!

Advertisement