Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily weirdness of others

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mud wrote: »
    You're not backwards.

Backwards would be "no er'ouy rood......".

Get with the programme! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Esel wrote: »
    Backwards would be "no er'ouy rood......".

Get with the programme! :)

Not when you're reading every word backwards as opposed to the sentence in its entirety.

You get with the programme! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Reading things backwards is hardly weird behaviour. Sure no one can read your mind.
    Now if you were reading it aloud then you would be a definite weirdo!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

This is one I do and it drives everyone I know mad.

Every meal I have I don't finish. Not that I'm full. I always leave the very end of each different item on the plate. I can't explain it. For example if I have a fry, one small bit of egg, tomatoe, pudding and sausage and a few beans and the a crust of toast will be left on the plate. But only of the last piece. So if I had two sausages and two eggs and two toast, I'd finish the first one of each completely but leave a very small, less that bite sized piece of the second one every time without fail. This goes for anything I eat.

I don't know why I do this or when I started. Does anyone here have a theory?

I presume you never went to boarding school?

In our school back in fifties the catering was before its time cholestrol-wise.
    Got fries only twice a year ( St Patrick's Day and one other feast day that I cannot recall )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Bump for any more weirdness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

When I meet a friend of mine for a pint, he will simply not touch that first pint until I have finished mine.
    The very second I drain mine, he then takes his and literally downs it in one.

He drinks normally thereafter. Only does it with the first one. I've asked why he does it but he shrugs it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

valoren wrote: »
    When I meet a friend of mine for a pint, he will simply not touch that first pint until I have finished mine.

He drinks normally thereafter. Only does it with the first one. I've asked why he does it but he shrugs it off.

Ever been tempted to just not drink your own pint for like an hour? Every so often, just touching the glass, looking at it, trailing a finger down the outside, maybe even picking it up before putting it back down and starting a conversation... then sitting back in your chair again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I think your friend has a drinking problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I actually do this! I always thought it was a just a habit I picked up from necking cans when I was young, but I always down my first pint just to get started off.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Maybe he's trying to avoid having the same pint to piss cycle as you? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Birneybau wrote: »
    I've seen a guy in work fill a cup with boiling water from the tea machine...and then microwave it. It's already boiling.

Sometimes I think these people are aliens, with their 'not quite right' impressions of human behaviour.

It's an insult to call Aliens "not quite right".
    The thing about aliens is that they're clever and the proof is that they've never come near this wretched planet!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

drake70 wrote: »
    I used to do this as a kid :D

Anyway, there's an guy in work who uses half a loo roll to cover just the toilet seat when he's going for a dump. When finished, he flushes but leaves the seat still covered in tissue.

I know another posted something similar, maybe it's the same person:)

You shouldn't be in there with him - now that's wierd!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

You shouldn't be in there with him - now that's wierd!

He said the same, funny that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I....I don't understand. Why would you set your alarm in any times in between those? Like 8.03? People don't actually do that do they?

Boom . It's one of the weirdest things I do. I just can't set my alarm for 8.00...i would feel physically ill and wouldn't be able to sleep. I've changed my husbands alarms too :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Ever been tempted to just not drink your own pint for like an hour? Every so often, just touching the glass, looking at it, trailing a finger down the outside, maybe even picking it up before putting it back down and starting a conversation... then sitting back in your chair again...

Reminds me of this, Carlsberg actually made an ad out of this scene:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Reminds me of this, Carlsberg actually made an ad out of this scene:

That ad is exactly what I had in mind when I wrote the post! :D

Greetings, Fellow Old F*cker! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

I couldn't decide what to eat..decided on porridge...it's 25 degrees out !!
    Nice though...

Advertisement